- Over 7 years of software quality analyst on large diversified projects, including manual test case execution, defect tracking, test plan/test case creation and management, and requirements analysis.
- Excellent working knowledge on Test Management tool like Rally, QC11 - (ALM)
- Experienced with Review meetings to identify Ambiguities in functional requirements.
- Experienced in developing Test Plans and Test Cases for different types of software testing.
- Extensive knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC methodologies.
- Experience in working with Windows, Client-Server, Web based as well as Mainframe related applications.
- Hands on experience working with different modules of ALM/Quality Center such as Requirements, Release, Test Plan, Test Lab, Test Cycle, Defects and Dashboard.
- Strong knowledge in performing backend testing using SQL queries
- Performed Back End Testing by executing SQL queries.
- Involved in maintaining Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and performed Gap Analysis
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) manually.
- Participated in design walkthroughs and verified QC Test Scripts and results.
- Experience in creating various types of reports during test execution process such as Test Execution Status/Summary, Defect Injection rate, Requirement Coverage, # of Defects by Severity, # of Defects by Status etc. Through Test Lab, Defect and Requirement module of ALM/Quality Center.
- Effective Time Management Skills and consistent ability to meet client deadline.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills, vendor experience and ability to lead, manage, coordinate and work independently in a time sensitive environment.
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle.
Business Applications: Microsoft Office Suite - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, Spiral, RUP.
Testing Tools: QC,ALM
Bug Reporting Tools: Test Director, ALM/Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Preparation of the Test Strategy and guiding team.
- Involved in the System Test Plan Preparation and Requirements Streamlining.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Procedures, Test Scenarios, Cases and Test Data.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing, using Black Box Testing Techniques.
- Create independent components each window according Page Object Model (POM) framework by Selenium script.
- Create class, related Functions or components and object in Java and call function with parameter list or data.
- Create shared Object repository, Selenium Library Function,saved all components functions in Library Functions in Selenium library.
- Create test cases and test scenarios in ALM according to Business Process.
- Send all resources to ALM such component function, Selenium shared Object Repository, Selenium Library Function.
- Execution scenarios and test cases in Test Lab of ALM.
- Performed weekly and monthly status reports.
Environment: Windows XP, Selenium 2.7, HP ALM, Selenium3,Firebug,POM.Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. QA Tester
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and wrote Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Used HP ALM/Quality Center for QA /Developer collaboration for accurate defect management.
- Formulate methods to perform Positive and Negative testing against requirements.
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Developed SQL queries to check the database automatically and checking the data integrity in accordance with business standards of the company.
- Performed automation validation of regression suite of test cases and reports.
- Helped to create Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements identifies all test conditions and test data needs.
- Conducted Web Services testing using SOAP UI Pro.
- Extensively involved in UAT support for their execution and Defect Triage.
- Performed Functionality testing, Unit testing, System Integration testing (SIT), Regression testing, web testing, compatibility testing and analyzed reports.
- Implemented Agile QA processes and practices, including defect and test management.
- Performed different types of testing like functionality testing, Black Box testing, Security testing, Smoke testing, Usability testing, System testing and Regression testing on Application Under Testing (AUT).
- Performed backend testing using SQL statements to check database tables for validity of various business transactions and database integrity.
- Revised test cases for new and revised features and capabilities.
- Updated managers and leads on various test reports after analyzing results
- Participated in User Acceptance testing (UAT) and involved in UAT test cases, Executed test cases, Documenting Defects, resolved defects and Signed Off from Application.
- Provided weekly status report to the Project Manager and discuss issues related to quality and deadlines.
Environment: Windows, UNIX,, HP ALM/ QC, XML, HTML, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2008, TOAD, Java, SQL, Visual Basic 6.0, PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Visio, MS Project, SIT/UAT, Agile.Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Functional QA Analyst
- Provided functional support to the technical team that provided analytical customer information systems for wholesale relationship managers.
- Reconciled and clean-up the technical group's server inventory that resides on various wholesale support applications.
- Assisted in the process of de-commissioning legacy wholesale applications.
- Multiple roles in support the wholesale data-integration effort between Confidential and Confidential banks.
- Project manager for the implementation of Cognos BI tools for CustDW data warehouse.
- Coordinated the activities of cross-functional teams of analysts, developers, and other project managers in support of the Cust DW data warehouse and the overall integration project.
- Composed weekly status reports, dependency graphs, and calendar-tracking for senior management.
- Contributed to the budgeting process for the CustDW and ADB roles on the integration project.
- Provided analyses to the technical team for development of the system/process to schedule migration of large wholesale banking customers.
- Utilized Toad (for Oracle) to determine exclusion criteria to apply to demand deposit & credit accounts for the migration to target systems-of-record.
- Supported the QA team in developing cases to test the PL/SQL processes that schedule the accounts (i.e., customers) for upcoming conversion dates.
- Analyzed business requirements to determine appropriate SQL for the query of data feeds from source systems-of-record.
- Worked with business to develop criteria for the segmentation of wholesale banking customers by income, location, size, and relationship for upcoming conversion dates.
- Composed BPMN process flows for the re-engineering of the inbound data feeds request and approval process.
- Configured Share point as the application by which the request and approval process for inbound data feeds are entered and managed.
- Composed report specifications for development of Cognos reports.
Environment: SQL, Windows, Quality Center, MS office Suite, MS Outlook, SharePointConfidential, San Francisco, CA
- QA Analyst duties for policyholder database conversion project (to SQL platform).
- Manage and/or direct duties of functional and technical resources for project.
- Compose and maintain the project plans.
- Serve as primary driver of the project objectives and milestones.
- Assure quality of data and functionality for converted policyholder application.
- Manage relationships between IT and the business community.
- Ensure all parties are fully engaged in the project.
- Define scope and deliverables for IT and the business community.
- Manage project expectations.
- Provide overall leadership for technical and functional resources to ensure continuity of efforts.
- Business analyst duties as IT liaison to the business community-of-users.
- Quality assurance and testing roles as coordinator of detailed test cases and scenarios for testing of new SQL database platform.
- Lead the user acceptance testing (UAT) effort by developing documentation in coordination with the business community.
- Manage the business community's time and labor to ensure quality UAT.
- Negotiated and composed level-of-service agreements (a.k.a. service level agreements - SLA's) for UAT.
- Tested SOA processes and methodologies used to deliver Customer order application, New Web Application and Finance application for quality standards interface to meet customer expectation.
- Used Quality Center bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and Unix Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database
- General systems operations support and troubleshooting.
Environment: XML, Quality Center, TOAD, MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), MS ProjectConfidential, Chicago, IL
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results, test analysis, and reported the defects using Quality Center and assisted the higher levels of management in analysis of risks and issues in project releases.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and
- Ability to work using cross functional using agile Methodology. Created and managed system testing schedule.
- Converted Business Requirements and Design Documentation into Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Used Quality Center to report and track bugs and impediments.
- Created description object with specified properties and values during run time, to use instead of logical names in test scripts.
- Performed Web testing to check for broken links in a page.
- Performed Regression Testing, Functional, UAT and Ad-hoc testing.
- Performed Grey Box, White box testing, Black box testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Design, analyze and performed Integration and wrote System requirements on different leading
- Rigorously tested SQL’s implementation of existing code.
- Used Quality Center bug tracking tool to analyze & capture bugs, track and manage dashboard any type of updates for project release.
- Performed UAT Testing against User Requirements.
- Review application enhancements with UAT tester and business testers
- Followed the Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation
- Used Agile Methodology to minimize risk by implementing software development in short time boxes or iterations.
- Performed backend testing for data validation using SQL Queries.
- Performed Acceptance, Usability, Cross-Platform and Regression Testing during different stages of the application development.
- Used Quality Center to store Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts and for bug tracking.
- Categorized bugs based on the severity and interacted with developers to resolve them.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office Suite of products for documentation and data interpretation.
- Participated in Triage Meetings, weekly status meetings with IT and business people.
Environment: Oracle, Sql Server, Quality Center, SQl plus, MS Office Suite, Java, Unix, Html, XmlConfidential, Huston, TX
- Worked on their online application for Accounts, Transfer Funds, Statements, Bill Pay, Transactions, Services and other online activities during System Integration Testing.
- Developed test scenarios and test strategy and test scripts in Quality Center based on the PMI system requirements and reviewed with the business analyst for System Integration Testing.
- Used Quality Center for test case development, test execution, defects tracking and tagged test cases with the relevant requirements for Traceability.
- Validated the entitlements for business and retail users, and assigned authorizations to each as appropriate in S1 application using online portal to validate various features.
- Work with Sales Team and Product Management Team for product implementation and training customers.
- Oversee Test Automation Design, Regression Test Bed architecture and maintenance of the test suite.
- Strong experience with testing products with contemporary technology stacks: Web Services, API using SoapUI.
- Create and report defect metrics for project level testing.
- Provided production support after the application was deployed in production.
- Validated COS (Class of Service) functionality in the Financial Institutions and verify the level of access, services and fees for different customers.
- Performed validations in ACH, Personal Finance Management module for different categories and reports.
- Performed smoke, regression tests for different modules in System Integration Environment (SIT), UAT and Staging Environments.
- Performed Regression testing in UAT environment in PMI to support the UAT group.
- Managed issues through the defect tracking system in QC and followed up with development team to analyze, resolve, and retest defects.
- Performed regression testing after the code fix to re-validate the functionality of the Application
Environment: HTML/DHTML, JSP, VB, MS Office, Sybase, Transact SQL, Quality Center, Windows