- Extensive management as well as hands - on experience testing large cloud, client-server and web- based applications
- Proven track record of QA project management and team leading
- Expertise in establishing and driving quality metrics and clear, measurable goals
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and software testing methodologies SCRUM Master Certified
- Extensive experience in performance testing and certifying multiple platforms and databases
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to complete the task at hand in a timely manner without compromising the quality of the product
SKILLS: C/ C++, C#, Perl, Python, VBScript, SCALA, Lift, NodeJs,Java, ASP, MYSQL, PHP, XML/SOAP, SQL.
Microsoft: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Netbeans, Maven.QTP, LoadRunner, Quality Center, AWS, ESX Servers, Selenium, Jasmin Protractor, STAF,Jenkins
Networking: TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, DNS, DHCP ETHERNET.AWS, CASB, DLP
QA/Dev Engineering Manager
- Managing a dynamic team of software engineers responsible of developing and testing Symantec Cloud Information Centric Encryption product
- Responsible of overall Quality metrics of our first Cloud Release on AWS.
- Achieved a near to 100% test Automation with constantly hitting more than 80% code coverage by consistently preaching for unit testing
- Constantly empowering a cohesive team who shares best practices, test responsibilities, and supports reuse of test cases.
- Successfully leveraging resources across multiple projects to do more with less. Consistently meeting project milestones for multiple simultaneous projects
- Constantly focusing on employee growth to give engineers visibility and accountability for their work. Recognized by managers for ability to get the most out of individuals.
Team Lead and Principal Software Engineer in Test
- Lead a team of 5 test engineers, responsible of resource allocations and SCRUM planning.
- Overall planning of all off-cycle, integration testing and Platform Certification.
- Lead Performance testing across the entire organization.
- Involved in overall Release planning.
- Mentoring interns and new team members.
- Responsible for overall hiring and talent acquisition.
- Created a Performance Test framework for reporting and graphing using Node JS/Express
- Created a performance regression suite integrating the current automation framework with the newly created performance framework. Using perl and python to parse the test results and report it back to the performance framework using a REST API.
Senior Software/Test Automation Engineer
- Participated in designing the Symantec Security Group Test Automation Cockpit Infrastructure. A user Friendly Interface to execute all our Automated Test Suite on multiple platform Targets. Mainly responsible of front End UI design used Lift/Scala and Google Web Toolkit to render/process XML data from and to the UI.
- Mentored and lead Junior and Intern Engineers
- Built a Data driven test suite to execute and report application performance testing when Disk is encrypted, using QuickTest Pro and VBscript.
- Acted as system admin for Quality Center for the entire organization, completely customized to fit the Quality Assurance team special needs
- Automated the entire multi-platform regression suite for PGP’s Whole Disk Encryption solution, written in Python and Perl.
- Created a benchmarking suite for PGP’s Whole Disk Encryption, mostly using the command line interface and the Iozone tool
- Automated an Acceptance and Smoke test suite for PGP’s Desktop line. Written in Perl, capable of calling command line tests UI tests, backup/Restore machines and virtual machines automatically.
- Participated in Load and Performance execution on PGP Universal Server product. Created a wrapper script in Perl to execute the test collect the data, enable SNMP monitoring, graph the results and publish them on an asp .net page
- Replicated the entire Performance test suite into Performance Center/LoadRunner later for better scalability and reporting.
- Isolated and analyzed various performance results to identify bottlenecks.
Performance Application Engineer
- Interfaced with Confidential customers (Business Functional Experts) onsite and offsite to develop test plans, test cases and implement business processes for performing load and functional testing for customer’s applications.
- Created multiple scenarios for measuring response times, load, stress and volume testing for various applications.
- Mentored and trained new hires and provided them with best practices about Confidential products and Services.
- Developed and investigated Virtual user scripts using Vugen, Quick Test Professional scripts and C programming for Confidential Managed Services customers.
- Performed data analysis with customers to define the root cause of applications poor performance to isolate the problematic Tier of the Multi-Tier Applications. Recommended Solution based on Test Results to optimize the application to meet specified SLAs.
- Used Confidential J2EE Deep Diagnostics combined with Sitescope to determine performance related issues.
- Developed applications to automate the Hourly Timesheets for Confidential ’s Network Operations Center, run performance matrix on Operators by pulling several queries against Siebel Ticketing System Database. Interfaced: Siebel, PHP, MySql with Apache Server.
QA / Technical support:
- Installed, configured and maintained Windows and Linux client and server machines.
- Troubleshot and solved software support inquiries via telephone and e-mail in a timely, friendly, accurate and professional manner.
- Overall knowledge of all supported products, provide technical insight to Engineering regarding direction of bug fix requests and feature requests.
- In place training for new customers to use the product, setting up Linux email servers using Mysql, Dbmail and Postfix.
Software engineer internship
- Wrote C/C++ based software that parsed customer VHDL/VERILOG design for mapping to Aptix emulators. Software enabled $100K of new revenue.