- Over 5+ years of experience in the IT industry in Software Quality Assurance using Web based and Client/Server applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Test Methodologies from project definition to post - deployment documentation.
- Key expertise includes testing and debugging GUI, Multi-Applications environment and automated testing using Quality Center & Selenium on Web Applications Testing.
- Experience in converting commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the organization without compromising Quality.
- Experienced in Selenium Data-Driven Framework with core Java programming and Junit/TestNG annotations.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like ANT, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, and Cruise Control.
- Experience on TestNG, JUnit, Data Driven, Keyword Driven Frameworks in Selenium.
- Proficient in Functional, Regression, Exploratory, Integration, Manual, System, End-to-end, Progression, Security, Business Process.
- Experience use of Java Programming & Java Scripting for designing automated Scripts.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases and performing Functional, Regression, Integration, Automation Framework, Load Testing and Web services Testing of Web based, Eclipse RCP and Java Swing Applications.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Performance, Integration, Unit, Regression, Black Box, White Box, GUI, Back-End & Browser compatibility testing, in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in using testing tools such as Selenium, Quality Center, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experience in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test scripts, analyzing the results of scripts, interaction with team members in fixing the errors.
- Experienced working on Agile and Extreme methodologies using TDD, SCRUM, MDD, etc.
- Extensive experience with testing Multi-Tier application architecture.
- Experience on Black-Box and White-Box testing along with API test automation.
- Good at multi-tasking and works well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Experience in manual and automation testing for various application to meet proper business conformity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP, Quality Center, Soap UI, JMeter, LoadRunner, Cucumber
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG
AgileScrum, Waterfall, V: Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
MS: Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX, Linux
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Analyzed requirements and developed test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Executed test cases for functional, validation, end-to-end, regression testing, and Smoke testing for web Application.
- Analyzed applications and errors, escalated issues to developers, and verified fixes.
- Developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Created Test cases using element locators and WebDriver methods.
- Conducted Functional testing with Valid and Invalid inputs for positive and negative testing.
- Organize and develop automation code and user interface locators using the Page Object Model.
- Organize and document automated test cases to cover the defined manual tests.
- Collaborate with existing GE Digital team that will adopt the final automated test deliverables via code reviews and demos.
- Identify and implement common function for reuse and better maintainability across test cases.
- Working with Source control like git and GitHub.
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in all stages of Quality Assurance Life cycle. Extensively followed agile Methodologies for Quality Analysis.
- Extensively used Selenium WebDriver to test the web application.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in designing of the modules and testing JAVA classes that controlled the whole flow of the module as per specifications.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Extensively involved in writing and testing the test cases using TestNG.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Developed automated tests in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing and reducing manual testing using Selenium, TestNG, and Maven .
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber .
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Jenkins.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Conducted test on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, batch payments and Account transfers sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using SOAP UI.
- Coordinated the development, updating, and maintenance of test cases.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using Soap UI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Writing complex SQL queries and update transaction and properties for accounts on stages for UI testing, Integration testing with different data points etc.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Gathered requirements documents such as business requirements and design document and other related documents.
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Identified test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Junit and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Written and executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web application using Selenium IDE and Web Driver.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing on different platforms and data validations for all reports using Selenium.
- Converted QTP scripts into Selenium scripts. Used Java as Language and Eclipse as IDE, ANT as build tool, Jenkins as CI tools.
- Used Java as client library for Selenium and WebDriver to design and developed Automation Test Framework using Junit.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BBD.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAP UI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Performed functional testing of SOAP and RESTFULL Web Services using SOAP UI Tool.
- Involved in SOAP & REST based web services testing using SOAPUIPRO web services testing tool.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL Queries on SQL Server database.
- Traceability document update and Test management tool (Quality Center).
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Extensively Involved in writing white-box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Worked on Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in defining test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium RC.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Worked on White-Box server-side System level test cases using JUNIT.
- Extensively involved in creating Junit scripts for one agile project.
- Performed System level integration, load and performance testing of the application.
- Verified the application on difference web browser such as IE, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- Tested web-based application on different operating systems such as Windows XP, Vista and UNIX. Also, tested the application for different Java versions.
- Worked on JIRA for ticket management.
- Database Change Verification testing using Oracle-TOAD and PL/SQL queries/procedures.
- Developed and documented complete testing process with well-written test cases.
- Involved in project meetings to meet project deliverables and goals.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC/IDE/WebDriver, JIRA, Junit, XPath, CSS, PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows.
- Developed Test Plan and Test cases based on the user stories (Functional requirements).
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects.
- Designed and executed Manual test cases.
- Presented test cases to business for peer review and ensure completeness.
- Provided the Test status reports, Testing activities and documented issues to the QA Test lead and QA manager.
- Involved in the Regression Testing after each modification and enhancement.
- Performed defect logging and tracking.
- Documented the raised defects and followed up with development team for defect fixes.
- Involved in Functional and performance testing of the web-based application.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for accessing data from the MySQL database.
- Executed SQL queries to validate the data in target database and familiarity with fact tables, dimension tables, star schema and snow flake schema.
- Wrote test cases in MS Excel and as well as directly in HP ALM's Test Plan section.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and defect report meetings periodically.
- Extensive used HP UFT to generate automated test scripts for functional and regression testing purpose.
- Involved in End to End testing of business rules on the Web based application.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle.
- Provided weekly test status and defect Matrix reports to the management.
- Interacted with developers to raise change requests for fixing errors with the maps; coordinated with Sybase to ensure timely bug fixing.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Cases based on the function specifications.
- Involved in the review of Requirements with business analysts and technical specialists.
- Analyzed the application and performed Black Box Testing.
- Performed end-to-end manual testing.
- Planned, coordinated and monitored project levels of performance and activities to ensure project completion on time.
- Checked for the Database Integrity using the SQL Queries.
- Used TestDirector as the test repository and used it for executing the test cases and scripts and logging and generating various reports and graphs for further analysis.
- Used TestDirector for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Documented Software Test Report.
Environment: WinRunner, LOAD RUNNER, VB Script, XML, ORACLE.