- Senior QA Automation Engineer with 7+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), skilled in various programming and testing technologies using automation Tools like Selenium Web Driver, with Java on TestNG and JUnit library, SoapUI& current QA methodologies, serving various domains such as Ecommerce/Retail and Banking.
- Have good experience as Software Developer test engineer (SDET)
- Hands on Experience in preparing Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents
- Experience in various types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Unit Testing , Black box testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing .
- Proficient in Black Box Testing and White box Testing.
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining Automation frameworks - Hybrid, Page Object, Keyword Driven and Data Driven Frameworks for Smoke test and Regression test using TestNG
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments using Selenium Grid and Sauce Labs which is a cloud based cross browser testing
- Experienced with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL , to run the data integrity tests for Database testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries for data validation and JDBC connections to establish connectivity between the Java Programming language and a wide range of databases.
- Knowledge in Python scripting. Exposure to web automation testing using Selenium 2.0 Web Drivers.
- Performed Negative Scenario Testing on Point of Sale systems
- Experienced in using Test Management tools such as Rally, JIRA, HP QC(ALM) and Bugzilla bug reporting tools to track test progress, execution and deliverables
- Reviewed the Code prepared by other team mates and suggested improvements if required
- Generated test logs using Log4j for various log levels
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, Select for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse event, with different Locators like Xpath, CSS, id, Partial Link Text, Linktext , CSS
- Track defects by using a bug tracking system Quality Center and do tests for issues. Report defects to software developers in order to ensure compliance with standards
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider, Tags
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and FirePath to locate elements
- Experience in testing and handling different Frames (frameset, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every frame
- Excellent inter personal communication, Test to Break attitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Passionate about continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with development team
Test Methodologies: WATERFALL, AGILE(SCRUM), SDLC, STLC
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE,, Selenium GridSoapUI
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG, JUnit
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, ALM
Programming Languages: JAVA, SQL, C, C++
Utilities: Eclipse, FireBug, FirePath
Operating Systems: LINUX, Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Performed Data driven testing Selenium Web Driver using TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium Web Driver with TestNG.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Review test cases and test scripts for Functional, UI, and Regression testing.
- Used Python and Selenium Web Drivers to automated web applications.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Used Selenium Web Driver for automating of Cross Browser Testing/ compatibility on IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG using Git, Stash and Source Tree as VCS for a Java based Web application.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Used Selenium tool (selenium IDE is a plug-in to Firefox) to verify XPath in Firefox.
- Used XPath and CSS to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Executed Automation scripts parallel using Sauce labs.
- Used ALM for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Provided knowledge transfer and trained new hires on ongoing projects and supporting different applications.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Jbehave, Maven, Sauce labs, XPATH, Firebug, Fire path, XML, HTML, CSS, Eclipse IDE, ALM, SQL, Oracle, Windows, GIT, Open Source Tree, Stash.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Created and maintained automation test scripts using QTP for smoke and regression testing using data provided in EXCEL sheets.
- Prepared spend data of various modes and trend analysis to support the annual reports using MS Excel.
- Tracked the defects using Rational Clear Quest and generated defect summary reports.
- Monitored Test Cases Execution, published weekly Defect/Status Reports using Quality Center.
- Identified high priority test scripts from the functional test cases to develop automation scripts in QTP for the Regression Master Suite
- Inserted GUI checkpoints test scripts and performed the Data Driven Test that deals with different sets of data.
- Used Test Partner to recognize unexpected conditions in the target application, tested the events by the scripts, verified checks and logs.
- Written SQL Queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Performed Compatibility Testing on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox to verify browser Compatibility.
- Performed smoke testing in UAT and production environments for deployment verification
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Experience in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called SOAP UI, for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, and Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using agile methodologies.
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Responsible for analyzing the business and functional requirements of businesses and reviewing design document, code review and code changes
- Developing and Implementing the Test plans, Test cases and scenarios based on functional requirements in Acunote and managing the plan against the Project plan.
- Setup and maintain personal testing environment. Serve as QA pilot in releases.
- Work in Agile environment; attend project meetings and scrums.
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed Test driven Testing, data driven testing and GUI Check Points using Selenium and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Performed e2e testing on iOS applications.
- Utilize postgreSQL for database, ruby on rails for web application.
- Responsible for bug tracking, bug reporting and bug reproducing.
- Familiar with, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium commands and x-path.
- Worked with Data Warehousing developers to design mapping to move data from source to target database.
- Demo the project to business people and stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor all test activities (Test case creation / Test data set up / Environment set up) from project initiation through deployment
- Run selenium automation scripts on metrix and verify the results and report to the team.
- Extensively used Linux commands to communicate with file system.
- Ensuring system is ready for System and User acceptance testing
- Performed Confidential (Test driven data development), Functional black box, Unit,/ Integration / White-box Testing/ System / Regression /User acceptance Testing.
- Working with business partners to develop implementation schedules for and coordinate/Manage user acceptance testing Collecting & Analyzing the Metrics data for the project and initiating the defect prevention actions
Environment: Linux, SQL, JIRA, CSS, IIS, Selenium Web driver, Quality Center, Web services, SoapUI.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Assessed requirements and specifications to determine test objectives and design and execute test cases.
- Evaluated and optimized test cases employing the TestRail management tool.
- Used diverse methodologies such as Functional, Regression, Sanity, Exploratory, Black Box, Load, and Smoke testing techniques to validate software.
- Defined and maintained test plans and specifications delivering reports to QA management upon completion.
- Conducted cross browser and platform testing (Windows, Mac, Safari, Chrome, Firefox) to validate consistency of performance and quality.
- Performed manual testing of mobile applications to improve the testing and maintenance of cross-platform web mobile applications.
- Defined and measured software loading time utilizing developer tools in Google Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
- Documented software bugs through diagnosis and reproduction of errors.
- Reviewed manual scripts created by peers and suggested appropriate changes for code optimization.
- Authored concise and descriptive bug and defect status reports identifying issues, adding attached data, and updating into the JIRA bug tracking system.
- Conducted bug scrubbing to eliminate duplicate and invalid bug reports.
- Collaborated with internal technical teams to validate application readiness during the staging and release processes.
- Participate in scrum agile team meetings and release activities.
- Designed, shared, and managed a traceability matrix (Excel, Google Spreadsheets) to track project progress, bug resolution, and for allocation of tester assignments.
- Acquired and shared knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Built proficiency in such areas as documentation, applications under test, test plans, time dependencies, scope, and approach through participation in multiple development projects.
- Reviewed requirements together with QA Manager, Vice President of Human Resources & Business Analyst .
- Facilitated four-hour long round table discussion with most HR directors, managers and analysts along with QA manager to get their input ad-hoc UAT in the project .
- Reviewed Technical Specs together with the team of two developers
- Wrote Test Plans in MS Word for Manual Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing & reviewed their consistency with the business requirements .
- Wrote Test Cases in MS Excel for user registration, access to training material, and activity log-in, reviewed the test cases and finalized.
- Attended Sprint Planning and Review Meetings, Daily Scrum meetings, Retrospective meetings on a regular basis for two weeks of sprint.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Junit and created selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Converted QTP scripts into Selenium scripts. Used Java as Language and Eclipse as IDE,, Jenkins as CI tools.
- Prepared PowerPoint slides of all the outcomes with the focus on defects and presented to the team of Business Analyst, VP of Human Resources, and the Developers .
- Confidential the end of the project period, a few defects with open status were sent back to the developers through VP and BA .
QA Analyst (Trainee)
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
- Actively Participated in Scrum meetings, reviews and developed test scenarios .
- Reviewed functional specification documents, design documents, requirements traceability matrix and involved in developing test plan document .
- Wrote Test cases by using test case design technique.
- Involved in regression and end-to-end testing of application by manual testing.
- Responsible for entire QA Life Cycle , which includes Requirement Analysis, Designing, Developing and Execution of the entire QA process and documentation of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Procedures.
- Developed manual/Functional Test conditions and Scripts based on the requirement documents.
- Involved in user acceptance testing & general site validations of web page objects such as HTML links & images.
- Work with release management for regular releases, smoke-testing each release.
- Identify, analyze and communicate any defects discovered during testing, documenting defects and ways of recreating defect in ticketing system.
Environment: Manual Testing, HTML, DHTML, Oracle and Windows.
QA Manual testing
- Created and executed test cases in UAT environments.
- Defined testing methodologies, designed test cases, verified and validated the system and documentation based on standards for software development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Performed Backend and frontend testing.
- Developed Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows for Quality Assurance.
- Involved in all aspects of QA process Includes reviewing the Business Requirement Documentation and Functional Specifications to develop the Test Scripts.
- Involved in Regression testing, functional testing, System Integration Testing and Black Box testing.
- Manually testing functionality and security of the application.
- Executed System and Integration Test Cases and test Scripts.
- Performed manual testing.
Environment: Oracle, MS Excel, MS Visio, Edit Plus, SQL, Bugzilla, Manual Testing