- 6+ years of working experience in Software Quality Assurance (QA) analyst in mobile handset testing and web application testing.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Test Strategies and experience in preparing Test plan, Test procedures, Test cases and Test Status Reports.
- Experience in Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), negative & positive testing, browser compatibility testing, security testing, database testing, STB, network testing (wifi, 3G, offline mode).
- Logging of the defects and coordinated efforts with the development team using defect - tracking tools like Jira, Rally, HP QC/ALM, TestLink.
- Experience in Database testing using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Hands-on on methodology Agile Scrum, Waterfall, V-model, Spiral Model.
- Experience leading teams of 3-5 members.
- Worked closely with Customers during critical delivery stages
- Worked extensively on Black Box and Gray Box testing methodologies.
- Developing and Implementing test plans to verify Functionality, Acceptance, and Performance.
- Experience in GUI Testing of Web and Mobile applications on smart phone and tablets. (iOS/Android).
- Performed testing on mobile content.
- Ability to read and reviewing server logs and device XML logs from a troubleshooting perspective.
- Experience in Web based applications on various Platforms (Windows/Unix) and understanding of the components for common web based technology.
- Involved in Requirement analysis, Use-case analysis and change management.
- Extensive knowledge of HP- Mercury tools: UFT, See Test, Jenkins CI, Charles.
- Understanding of wireless and web standards.
- Experience in testing portal programs and modern knowledge management business solution for global organization.
- Ability to setup and maintain QA lab.
- Excellent experience in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, Macros) and access.
- Strong documentation skills, information gathering, business analysis, problem solving.
- Solid team player with very good interpersonal skills, decision making, well organized, resourceful and committed to quality.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve project goals.
SQA Testing & Methodologies: Regression & Negative Testing Testing AutomationTest plans, Cases & Processes UI & Compatibility Testing Defect/Bug Tracing
Functional Requirements: Data interface Testing Test Strategies & Coverage
Scripting & Documents: Performance/Load/Stress Testing Server TestingMobile application testing
Operating Systems: Windows
Software Testing: Black box & Manual testing and Automation Testing
Basic knowledge of Languages: C, PHP, VB Script, HTML
Basic knowledge of Database: SQL
Networking protocol: TCP/IP & UDP
Software and Tools: Crittercism, Flurry, SQLite Manager, Toad, HTML, HP Quality Center, UFT, iTrack / Jira, Charles Proxy, Pivotal Tracker, ADB, Rally, Test Link, Jmeter, SeeTest, Jenkins CI.
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android, Windows
WORK EXPERIENCEConfidential, New York, NY
Lead QA iOS Tester
- As a member of scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, planning meeting, backlog meeting as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews
- Actively participated Quarterly planning meeting.
- Run daily automation for iPhone and iPad using UFT.
- Analyzed various documents and prepared test cases covering all requirements of the application.
- Used testlink for manage test cases and Jira for tickets.
- Used manual testing technics for new features and automation technics for existing features using SeeTest and UFT.
- Discussed and update test cases for each new build for regression testing.
- Actively participated for creating bulletin for each sprint & RC build and estimate schedule for QA complete.
- Tested application by casting different devices like Android TV, Chromecast, and Samsung TV, Roku.
- Generate report for daily QA heartbeat automation and distribute across the company.
- Performed royalty testing, analysis report, Nielsen testing and discussed with developer for major issues.
- Capture Charles logs during automation run time to analyze HTTP and SSl traffic for each station and advertisement.
- Actively participated in Addwizz project for record add using Charles Proxy.
- Gain knowledge of Git, Github, Appium and Jmeter.
Environment: Ms-Office, Jira, TestLink, TestFlight, SQL, Crashlytics, SeeTest, UFT, Urban airship, Appboy, Agile.Confidential, Middletown, NJ
QA Mobile tester
- Analyzed various documents and prepared test cases covering all requirements of the application.
- Converted test cases for various test sets to organize the execution procedure to meet the project time line and timely deliverables.
- Performed functional, laboratory, performance, memory leakage, interrupt, usability, installation, certification, API testing and positive & negative ad-hoc testing, interruption, API, STB, VOD functionality, DVR, Provision testing (U100- U450), Master a/c as well as sub a/c on iOS and android platform (iPhone, iPad, tablet).
- Use Pivotal tracker for User stories.
- Used manual testing technics and SDLC methodology agile scrum, waterfall.
- Discussed test cases for regression testing with the quality engineers for each build.
- Performed compatibility testing on mobile application. (for iPad & Android operation system and universal iOS).
- Performed VOD functionality by downloading/Queuing shows and quality of downloaded show. Used XML to get the VOD catalog and QP catalogs.
- Used skill performance to run API’s to validate the functionality. Involved in backend database testing by writing SQL quires.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of the Mobile native applications.
- Tested application functionality, video and DVR functionality along with set top boxes.
- Interacted with the development team to report bugs and discuss the status of bugs with open status or hold status.
- Actively participated in weekly UAT sessions and generated the Action Item Documents and prioritize them in the weekly Iteration Cycles.
- Tested the application under different networks and Internet speeds including while on EDGE, 3G, 4G, LTE, and Wi-Fi.
- Used command line prompt in ADB for android devices to get logs and analyzed it.
- Involved in various documentation tasks such as daily status reports- scrum call, weekly progress reports, Requirement traceability Metrics and defect logs, user stories.
- Extensively used Rally, Pivotal Tracker for test planning and for bug tracking & reporting.
- Responsible for creating test bed for the application with valid and invalid data covering all positive and negative test scenarios.
- Actively participated in enhancement meeting, project review meetings, weekly status meetings, triaged call and various other meetings which were focused on making the application more effective.
- Performed functional, smoke, regression, integration, system, ad-hoc testing on iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iTouch, iPad mini, android devices like Samsung mega, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Samsung note, LG, wearable smart (watch), pointing to SIT, UAT and PROD environments.
- Performed server testing.
- Verify flurry analytics in flurry to get the deep understanding of everything what users are doing and app performance.
- Involved in monitored, prioritized, troubleshoot and trend of mobile app performance using Crittercism.
- Actively worked with Onshore-Offshore resource model.
- Verify HTTP and SSL traffic between client and server using Charles Proxy and analyzed request, response and HTTP header for user account.
- Gained knowledge with the PHP language and test automation logic using Selenium IDE and Selenium RC automation tool to develop automation scripts for a portion of our test plan.
Environment: MS Office, iOS, Android, Windows, Rally, Pivotal Tracker, Jira, SQLite Manager, SQL, Flurry, Crittercism, Charles Proxy, SharePoint, Oracle, Waterfall, iOS and android, ADB,Confidential, Edison, NJ
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed test strategy document and test cases based on software requirement statement/URD.
- Developed and maintain test cases for each release/version of web application.
- Performed functional testing for web based user authentication GUI and document access control application.
- Conduct Regression testing and system interface testing for each release.
- Execute test plan and format results and communicate to user.
- Analyzed the final Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) for discrepancies and entered test data results
- Queried databases with SQL to obtain sample data for billing verification
- Defining defects and carried out test reports using HPQC, as Defect tracking system
- Documented the Problem Reports (PRs) for all the bugs detected and tracked the bug fixing process until they were closed.
- Managed other tests including User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Involved in generation of automation scripts on QTP
- Execution of automated test scripts on QTP 11.0 on different environments.
- Working knowledge of using QTP Scripts with Standard, Text, Bitmap, Table Checkpoints and Synchronization Points.
- Involved in maintaining and uploading the QTP Scripts to Quality Center.
Environment: MS Office, Windows, Toad, SQL, QTP 11.0, QC, PHP, Wire Shark.Confidential, Naperville, IL
Quality Assurance tester
- Worked closely with development team, QA team, BA team as well as stakeholders and member of management.
- As a member of scrum team participated in daily standup meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Tested content Management System including user roles, workflows and privileges, format management, search, web-based publishing, revision control, indexing and also experienced on creating portals and add content to the entire various component on web pages.
- Identified, analyzed and documented defects utilizing team foundation server as defect tracking system.
- Analyzed Business Requirement documents, High level Documents and low level documents.
- Took an active role in static testing such as design review and requirements inspections to identify ambiguity and inconsistency in requirements as well as improve UI/UX design of company software products.
- Tested application compatibility on different platforms ( for iPhone 3G, HTC Dream, HTC Magic)
- Developed SQL queries during End-to-End testing stage.
- Created tractability matrices, test and bug reports and other test related documents.
- Involved in system integration and user acceptance testing on later stage of SDLC.
Environment: iOS, Android, Windows, Java, SQL, Toad, Agile, QC.Confidential, NY
- Responsible for manual testing and test automation for web based application.
- Took a leading role in static testing of functional requirements and business specifications of the projects as well as performed dynamic smoke, functional and regression testing.
- Created and executed test plan, test cases and test reports.
- Utilized Quality center as a defect tracking tool.
- Developed regression suit using QTP.
- Implemented all the standards and involved in the review of QTP scripts.
- Defect tracking meetings are conducted until QA sign off to make sure all the defects are in appropriate status.
- Used SharePoint to share all the project related information.
Environment: Windows, Linux, Java, QC, QTP, SQL, Oracle.Confidential
Junior QA Tester
- Interacted with Business Analysts to get the business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Performed manual testing.
- Conducted functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application.
- Tested application for different types of telecom applications like GSM mobile.
- Performed GUI testing and regression testing.
- Reviewed Manual testing methods and developed and executed automated scripts.
- Developed use cases, test cases and execute test cases.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend testing.
Environment: MS office, One Note, Excel, world, QC, SQL, .Net, Waterfall.