- Around 7 years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in testing on Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cycle and in all dimensions of Functionality, Usability & Reliability.
- Experience in developing end to end automation using Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Junit/TestNG, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Web Services (REST, SOAP).
- Good experience in using Java, Junit and TestNG test framework to write functional test.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit, Selenium WebDriver, IDE, Grid, ANT, Jenkins and TestNG.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using Junit/TestNG testing framework.
- Extensive work experience on JAVA, VB Scripts, Junit, DBUnit, Maven, ANT, Python, Hudson, and Jenkins.
- Experience of Quick Test Professional features like Descriptive programming, Exception handling, Object Repository & Checkpoint.
- Good experience in Web Services testing using SOAPUI, XML, & WSDL. Providing required input data to request XML & get the required data from response XML & use the response data from other request XML using SOAPUI.
- Experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Estimation, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Performance testing, Sanity testing, Exception testing, Compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web base Applications.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Data Driven Testing, Load Testing and Validating WSDL using SOAPUI.
- Proficient in analyzing system & functional specifications, UI wireframes, use cases, business requirements, business rules to prepare test cases/scenarios.
- Experienced using Web - debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, Jira, Test Director/Quality Center (QC).
- Good skills in implementing the test requirements, design test cases, test data and execute test runs.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Extensive experience in Black Box, Functional, Integration, Regression, Smoke and Backend Testing.
- Expert level experience in using test management tools like HP QC, Spiral test and bug tracking tool JIRA.
- Extensive experience with Visual Source Safe and Microsoft Office tools (Ms-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Experience in both Waterfall (Software Development Life Cycle -SDLC) and Agile Project Environment.
- Sound Experience in Backend testing by writing SQL queries in Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access databases.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Very good team player in working with others on time critical assignments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver/GRID, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Test Link, Test Manager, Jbehave, Cucumber
Languages: Java, C, SQL, PL/SQL
IDE: Eclipse, SQL Developer
Test Framework: Junit, TestNGWeb Debugging Tool: XPath, Firepath, Firebug, Webdebugger
SDLC Processes: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V Model
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), BugZilla
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8)
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Selenium Test Engineer
- Reviewing and analyzing business requirements and technical specifications to come up with Testing Scope
- Responsible for Manual, Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Scrum and System Testing of the application at various stages
- Automated Web Application Testing using Java Selenium framework in an Agile environment
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Created and executed automated tests for functional, and regression testing using Quick Test Professional
- Created QTP scripts with reusable and external Actions and, called functions in Actions
- Inserted various types of check points including text checkpoints, text area checkpoints and Image checkpoints.
- Escalation for unresolved bugs to the concerned developers and module leaders.
- Used Unix Commands to access and trouble shoot Errors by accessing the Error Log files.
- Participated in Design Phase, together with members of the Product team, developers, and DBAs.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, system Integration Testing, User acceptance, Database & Regression testing.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting bugs using Quality center
- Expert with Test documentation, such as Test Cases, Bug Reports, Use Cases etc.
- Designed various test Cases with different test conditions.
- Prepared and executed scenarios for the Regression testing on new builds.
- Performed Regression testing by executing the scripts developed with QTP.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
- Adopted Data Driven Methodology to the test application with different sets of data.
- Develop test cases on various types of credit card applications.
- Perform functional testing and regression testing on each field of credit card application pages.
- Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze & resolve issues that were encountered while testing application.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Actively involved with SCRUM and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Extensively used Selenium WebDriver 2 to test the web application.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java, Selenium WebDriver, and TestNG.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Selenium.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Extensively worked on selenium web Driver with the preferred Languages Java, C Sharp, Python, Ruby and Perl.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process by using WebDriver.
- Performed Data-Driven testing by developing Java based library to read test data from Excel & Properties files.
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Used Page Object Model, UI Mapping, Selenium Manager, Data Driven using CSV, CSS Selectors as a part of Framework.
- Performed SOA / web services testing using SoapUI; wrote adaptors to test / invoke web services.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Functional and Cross Browser testing of Defined Browser Stack of the site experience
- Defect Triaging and Release sign off for Continuous Delivery cycles.
- Writing complex SQL queries and update transaction and properties for accounts on stages for UI testing, Integration testing with different data points etc.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Participated in daily, weekly meetings and technical reviews. Prepared reports showing the testing efforts.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Soap UI, Rest, Cucumber, HTML, XML, XPath, Firebug, ClearCase, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/WebDriver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Boston, CA
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Identified test cases to automate and develop automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Involved in creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, used Git and Source Tree as VCS for a Java based Web application, used Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Configured and Installed Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build cycles.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team to ensure product testability while running E2E Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Designed the UI of the application, prototyping and wire framing in MS Visio for better illustration of the application.
- Involved in functional testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression testing.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Involved in Agile (Scrum Process) methodology based on Project Planning, Test Planning and Coordinating on all SDLC phases.
- Used Quality Center for bug-reporting, tracking and to create and execute various scenarios, generate graphs, overlaid graphs for comparison, and analyzed the results.
- Validated the data in the database by using SQL queries.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, Functional Requirements, supplemental Requirements, Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Performed extensive data modeling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL database.
- Responsible for the Team performance, and preparing & submitting the graphs and metrics to the higher management.
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Created Test plans, managed team members, assigned tasks and conducted meetings.
- Used the Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Tested mobile applications on physical Devices
- Involved in creating test set in Quality Center and exporting test cases in to Quality Center.
- Monitored and planned tests and test scripts using Quality Center, and also used its bug reporting capabilities to track document bugs.
- Created Test Cases, executed test cases, Logged Defects and created traceability between requirements and test cases using ALM/QC
- Linked defects to Test cases and requirement in QC/ALM
- Prepared Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Estimations and Test metrics documents
- Worked on SQL scripts to load data in the tables.
- Created Test cases for portal UI functionality.
- Actively involved in all stages of STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle).
- Mentored and trained junior QA team members.
- Created function libraries, Driver scripts and Automation frame work (Key word Driven Framework) to improve reusability and robustness.
- Utilized Jira as defect tracking tool on the project.
- Created SQL and TSQL Queries to validate Database Records.
- Tested mobile application on Android, iOS and Windows mobile platforms
- Escalated Defects while studying Project Requirements and writing Test Cases by using HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) and followed logged defects throughout its lifecycle in JIRA.
- Used HP Quality Center (QC/ALM) and JIRA for reserving, executing test cases, defect tracking, and the complete test management
- Identified test cases after going through the documents provided and developed systematic procedure for each test case and reviewed the test cases.
- Extensively involved in all phases of SDLC (Software development Life cycle) and follows Agile methodology.
- Created and maintained test plan, test cases and automation test documents.
- Involved in Functional and Regression testing.
- Created Test Scripts Using UFT/QTP tool.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Writing/Recording QTP scripts when necessary and customizing the recorded scripts, running the scripts on a new build.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing
- Open and Track defects using Quality Center/ALM. Also worked as Defect Co-coordinator.
- Performed manual testing for the GUI functionality of the application.
- Conducted functional requirement testing to test business scenarios, user actions, interfaces, data rules, user messages and error conditions.
Environment: QTP/UFT, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, J2EE/Java, SQL, TSQL, Oracle, Nunit, TestNG, Sunrise Clinical Management (SCM), QC/ALM, Windows.