- Over 8+ years of professional experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer, defining testing methodologies, designing test plans and test cases, verifying and validating web based applications and documentation.
- Expertise in Software Testing (Automation and Manual) for Web based application - using tools like Selenium Web driver.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with a strong understanding of analysis, development and testing of applications in the project.
- Excellent understanding of Software Testing Life Cycle and Test Methodologies from project definition to post-deployment documentation.
- Experience in Quality Assurance Testing of both Web based and Windows based applications.
- Involved in different phases of testing like functional testing, GUI testing, regression testing, database testing and user acceptance testing.
- Ability to track and manage requirements through RTM.
- Participated in creating test plans, test data, writing and reviewing TCDs.
- Experience in automated testing using Selenium, including WebDriver 2.0.
- Experience in use of Java Programming & Java Scripting for designing automated Scripts.
- Experience in cross browser testing using Selenium to check the AUT's compatibility with different browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, and IE.
- Skilled with test automation for web applications and web services using SOAP UI.
- Proficient in all cycles of test life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect lifecycle.
- Expertise in using project management tools such as JIRA for reviewing epics and creating sub-tasks when required to report a defect.
- Experience in bug and defect tracking using HP Quality Center.
- Experience in writing SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Good at multi-tasking and works well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills. Strong reporting and analytical skills.
- Ability Identify, Isolate and Track Bugs Throughout Testing
- Ability to Work Independently and in Team Based Environment
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG
ID Environments: Eclipse IDE, Selenium IDE
Document Management: SharePoint
Documentation: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS Office, Microsoft outlook, PowerPoint
Defect management Tools: JIRA, QC
Languages: Java, Groovy, HTML,XML
Database: Microsoft SQL Server,DB2
Software Methodologies: SDLC,Agile, Waterfall
Confidential, Solon, OH
- Maintained the requirements as per the BRD, helped in writing test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test steps.
- Developed RTM to track the fulfillment of business requirements during the testing phase.
- Performed functional testing, UAT, End-to-End testing and regression testing and collaborating with the requirements and application development teams to ensure the success of the testing process.
- Developed the code snippets for Selenium for locating the web elements by locator values for the Web based application.
- Execution of the test steps for crosschecking the actual and expected results.
- Implemented automation using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, and Selenium RC for record and playback.
- Writing and executing test scripts using Selenium Web Driver in Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Reported and maintained bugs in JIRA and preparing the Bug Summary Report.
- Tracked defects and efficiently coordinated with the developers for the rectification and implementation through Regression testing.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Ability to work both independently and in team environment.
- Good interaction with Business Analysts, Developers, Project Managers and other team members to coordinate day to day activities.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), MS Office, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Data Driven, SQL, JIRA, QC Explorer, HP ALM.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Setup Selenium RC/Web Driver using Eclipse IDE, created Jar files for automating the functional test of web applications in Eclipse IDE.
- Tested Enterprise SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI tool
- Involved in performing Smoke, Functional, System and Regression and backend Testing
- Performed testing to include database conversion readiness; resolved defects and documented results.
- Wrote SQL queries to verify data in the database and verify consistency with the application.
- Created test data for interfaces in XML format to run through the test application
- Develop requirements list, traceability matrix and test strategies, to include test cases and plans, for Interface based software test project.
- Performed manual testing and defect management; tracked, retested and documented results for web based Reports and interfaces.
- Validate data and data mappings identified and rectified defects.
- Documented all software support provided and tests carried on the applications.
- Compiled all test data and automated the process.
- Selected and procured defect management and tracking software for test use.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, Jenkins,, SOAP UI, Agile, Eclipse, Firebug, HTML, XML, xPath,, SQL, , JIRA, SOAPUI, MYSQL
Jr QA Engineer
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Developed test code for testing locally in Java using Eclipse, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG, Junit framework.
- Involved in Preparation of Regression and Smoke test cases for new sites.
- Reported the issues in bug tracking tool, followed up with the development team and verified them.
- Communicated with the product team for clarifying requirements and business rules.
- Involved in developing QA Test Plan and QA Test Strategy.
- Analyzed business requirements, Software requirement specifications to create test plan and test cases for manual and automated testing.
- Responsible for verification of Defects Manually using different scenarios.
- Evaluate Manual Test cases that can be automated.
- Performed Compatibility testing of applications for dynamic and static content of browsers using HTML Ids and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed and executed tests that ensure application meets business requirements and system goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify existing or potential issues.
- Developed automated front-end tests using Selenium with Java
- Responsible for Creating, Executing and Reviewing Functional&Integration test cases based on the Business and functional requirements.
- Performed end to end database testing, wrote SQL queries in toad.
- Experience in using the Jira defect tracking tool to track, plan and analyze the stories.
- Followed Agile Methodology (SCRUM) for this project.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the database.
- Participated in sprint planning and daily standup meetings.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, SQL, BDD, xpath, TestNG, UNIX, SQL Server, SCRUM Methodology, Jira, SoapUI Tool, Java.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Developed detailed Testing Strategy for the entire application and developed test plans and test cases based on technical specifications and Requirements in Quality center.
- Actively participated in all phases of testing life cycle including document reviews, inspections, and project status meetings
- Prepared complete Test Result Reports (TRR) in the MS-Word format for each build of the application
- Manually did the Functional and Regression testing by executing the Program files from the command line using UNIX commands.
- Manually executed Test Cases for batch programs. This testing involved running the shell scripts and executables at the command line and involved in partial UNIT testing.
- Extensively used SQL and wrote complex SQL Queries for manual backend testing.
- Used Mercury Quality center for updating the status of all the test cases & test scripts that are executed during testing process
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Mercury Quality center and Clear Quest.
- Performed End-to-End testing after bug fixes and modifications.
- Participated in weekly status meeting, Coordinated with the developers and testers to resolve the defects and close them
Environment: SQL Server, UNIX, and Windows XP, Quality Center, SQL
- Involved in writing the test modules to cover system requirements, functional specifications.
- Used Excel to write Manual Test Cases and Status Report. Created and maintained tests and test records.
- End to end testing on validating the claims functionality including data validation from source to destination tables.
- Used JIRA bug tracking tool to track, maintain and analyze the issues in agile methodology.
- Involved in verification of fixed bugs and generated weekly quality progress reports
- Analyzed and gathered business requirements and functional specifications.
- Performed functional testing of the product using black box testing.
- Planned and executed regression test cycles and UAT with end-users.
- Prepared weekly status reports, held follow-up meetings on complex outstanding issues and QA dashboards.
- Involved in internal and external auditing.
- My major responsibility is to understand the documents like BRS, FRS and create test plan.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Writing test cases and executing test cases.
- Prepared test reports and submitted the bug finding to the developer.
- Submitting weekly status reports of all activities to Management.
Environment: Quality Center, MS Office, Microsoft Excel, MS Word, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, SQL, Windows XP, JIRA