- Over 3+ years of solid experience in Software Quality Assurance, Analysis and Testing of Web Applications.
- Expertise in viarious domains like Airways, Sales.
- Experienced with SCRUM and Agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Extensive experience in developing Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Traceability Matrix.
- Extensive experience in performing Software QA Testing on Client Server & Web applications, Backend Applications and Mainframe applications using manual testing methods.
- Mainframe testing skills which include modification of Production JCLs for running in the Test environment, creation of batch test files, Querying of DB2 and IMS tables to identify records that can satisfy the conditions needed for testing the application using SPUFI and QMF , strong debugging skill for fixing JCL abends and knowledgeable in execution of Mainframe Jobs using CA - 7 Schedule.
- Excellent experience in various testing which includes Functional testing, System integration testing, End-to-End testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Smoke testing, Usability testing, Black Box, Positive testing and Negative testing.
- Responsible for executing test scripts, identifying areas for correction, and reporting issues to development team.
- Extensively used HP ALM/Quality Center for Requirements, Test Plan, Test execution, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Expertise in Test management and Defect Tracking Tools like HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in HP ALM/Quality Center for Test Planning, test designing, test Analysis, test
- Good working knowledge of major operating systems and tested applications developed in wide variety of environments viz., Windows, UNIX.
- Good written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated with result oriented approach.
- Performing the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the Oracle database.
- Able to successfully handle multiple projects, priorities and assignments with varying complexity.
- Experienced in testing Client-Server and Web-Based Applications.
Testing Tools: UFT, TOAD
Test Management Tools: JIRA, HP ALM
Scripting Languages: Java, SQL
Database: Oracle, DB2
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Responsible for review of requirements from Business Functional Specifications and conducted code as well as application design walkthroughs with Business, dev team and test team members respectively to create Application Design Document.
- Create Test related documents such as Test Plan, Test Scenario, and Test Cases throughout the STLC.
- Documented and communicated test reports using Quality Center Dashboard
- Involved in Manual Testing, Setup maintenance and Bug reporting/closure activities.
- Involved in Regression Testing.
- Interacted with the business analysis and developers in requirements analysis, review design documents, testing and documents which are developed in to Agile, scrum environment.
- Actively participated Agile and scrum meetings, review and developed test scenarios.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Documented Test plans, Test Cases and decided schedules for Test Case execution.
- Developed and reviewed for positive and negative test scenarios.
- Performed UAT testing coordinating with BA, Developers, and SMEs and actively involved in Production phase testing.
- Participate in Weekly Review Meetings.
- Identify, Manage and Resolve the bugs/defects found during test execution through Defects module of Quality Center.
- Performed rigorous manual testing such Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Integration testing, UAT Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing, End to End Testing and System Testing.
Environment: Java, J2EE, HTML, MS SQL Server, Quality Center, Windows, UAT, Agile/Scrum
Junior QA Test Analyst/ Mainframe Tester
- Experienced in requirement gathering, effort estimation, root cause analysis, and onshore-offshore team coordination.
- XML Validation is the area of expertise.
- Worked on many Transformation projects, validating the Data transferred from old system to the new.
- Participated in stakeholder meetings, JAD sessions, and change request walk-throughs, understand the business, functional, technical needs and scope changes, test scenario walk-through sessions for software release cycles related to SSNRI efforts.
- Performed manual testing using batch mainframe jobs , analyzed and interpreted data needed, data seeding, batch elements, custom tailor jobs, using SQL queries as needed.
- Participated in CMS Readiness Reviews (VRR, IRR, ORR) and ad-hoc meetings as needed.
- Worked with project manager, BA Lead, Test Leads, and end users to ensure systems integration, end-to-end testing of on-cycle releases and application designs meet business requirements.
- Interacted with the clients during the walk-through to understand the requirements better.
- Experience in preparing Test Plan and Test cases.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases manually for different modules according to the Technical Specification, and Functional
- Design with all Use Case or User Story documents.
- Responsible for maintaining the test scripts, defect count and code coverage.
- Preparing Test sets, test cases, Defect logging, debugging and status of project all get to know by using ALM
- Strategized a road map to reduce the testing effort by developing excel macros to automate the test execution.
- Provided production support for the application after it is released into a real-time environment for the end users.
Environment: Black box Testing, MS office, windows, HTML, XML, Mainframe legacy platform - MVS, DB2, JCLs, ALM testing tool.