- 8+ Years of professional experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance and Automation Testing Life cycle.
- Extensively proficient in Functional testing, Integration testing, GUI testing, Regression testing, and API testing.
- Experience in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test Case Review, Test Case Execution, Test Scripts based on User Requirements Specification (URS) and System Requirements documents, Testing Tools Usage, Defect management, and in preparing Test reports.
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies and involved in Analysis, Design and Quality Assurance of Web applications.
- Excellent debugging skills for web based technologies using Firebug, Web developer tools.
- Co - ordinate with QA team in Offshore and Onsite.
- Good understanding and working exposure of Core Java concepts such as Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Collections, JDBC Programming and Interfaces.
- Experience of working in an automation framework consisting of S elenium, TestNG, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Fisheye.
- Experience in web applications automation testing with TestNG, JUnit, ANT, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Selenium IDE.
- Work experience in configuration management/version control system tool Perforce, GIT.
- Experience in working with HTML, XML, XPATH and CSS .
- Experience in Web services testing using SOAP UI tool and also programming using Java.
- Experience in JIRA, Bugzilla for bug tracking and reporting and follow up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with strong analytical mind-set.
Functional Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid ANT, Maven, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, FireBug, FirePath
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, TestRail, HP ALM, FishEye
Version Control: Perforce, GIT
Languages: Java, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
IDEs: Eclipse, Visual Studio
Web Technologies: JDBC, XML, XPath, HTML, CSS, Apache Tomcat
Databases: ORACLE 11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access 2000/2005Operating Systems: Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX (7,8,9,10), RHEL 6.8, 7.1, CentOS 7.X
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android
Virtualization: VMware Player
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Software QA Engineer
- Develop, maintain, execute and analyze “ArcSight Logger’s” automated tests and test results.
- Provide feedback on automation design and development for the automation team
- Maintain and troubleshoot issue with test infrastructure.
- Responsible for enabling cross browser testing of Logger and ESM applications.
- Design, Plan, Write Automated Tests using WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG and Java.
- Actively participate in Agile/Scrum meetings, sprint planning and demos with Product management, User experience, Engineering along with QA Team
- Triage and analyze the regression builds and generate reports.
- Report bugs clearly in Jira defect tracking system.
- Co-ordinate with off shore team on weekly basis to keep the project on track.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Software QA Consultant
- Perform various tests including Sanity, Functional, Integration, Usability, Compatibility, Performance, UAT, Cross Functional and Regression testing
- Review PRD and execute product validation testing to uncover missing product requirements
- Develop manual & automation test cases based on functional specifications and business requirements
- Maintain ownership of testing areas and provide final 'sign off' when ready for production
- Analyze report and track defects from discovery through resolution
- Interact with development & product management team to identify and resolve issues
- Automate test cases using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Java (Data Driven framework creation) for the web version.
- Manual testing for Android and iOS Devices
- Perform both white box testing and black box testing.
- Use of Maven for the automated test runs to support sanity/smoke/regression test suites
- Generate test data, upload and download different file types to cloud file system and test the data for its integrity
- Set different bandwidth and test network activity
- Provide support for replicating and resolving production issues
- Collect test metrics and report them regularly
- Communicate and work with an off-shore team of testers
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Software QA Engineer
- Involved in developing Test Plan for the applications testing on Android and iOS platforms.
- Created and executed Test Cases for the entire application
- Wrote Requirement traceability matrix.
- Performed acceptance testing for new builds.
- Conducted Bug fixes and regression testing on new builds.
- Validated application functionality on Android and iOS platforms
- Tested application behavior under various interruptions: different battery strength level, incoming calls, SMS, video calls and alerts.
- Analyzed software failures, reported issues
- Participated in regular project team meetings to discuss testing procedure and assignments
- Involved in keeping track of bugs and generating report on bugs to management on weekly basis
- Used X Code to emulate devices for mid release testing
- Used Bugzilla to report bugs.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, JIRA - bug tracking tool, JDBC, Selenium Grid.
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Used Selenium WebDriver along with TestNG and Java to automate test.
- Developed detailed test plans and test cases, as well as an Entrance and Exit criteria for the application being tested ensured along with standards for documentation to be followed.
- Involved in execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Submitted defects detected in the application and tracked the progress of defect fixes and track bugs using Jira.
- Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used Maven for build and execution.
- Performed Functionality Testing and Regression testing using Selenium and Jenkins.
- Attend the daily standup meetings for status reporting.
Environment: Eclipse, Java, Selenium, HTML, MS Word 2007, and MS Excel.
Software Automation Engineer
- Wrote test cases based on the requirements document.
- Performed automated testing using Selenium RC, Java, and TestNG on various applications like Enrollment, Billing and claim Management.
- Wrote test cases for the application and discussed with the team to identify the P1, P2, and P3 test cases.
- Participated in reviews of Test Scenarios to ensure the requirement coverage.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium RC on different module of corporate web site.
- Responsible for performing sanity testing of new builds.
- Participated in automating the regressions test cases.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, HTML, SQL, AJAX, ANT.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Consultant
- Test full life cycle development of new web applications and modification of existing applications to add new components and features.
- Helped define and implement automated and manual testing standards and practices that include testing and documentation.
- Delivered detailed technical specifications for each new feature added.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Used Selenium Grid to test the compatibility of the tests across multiple servers to save time.
- Used Hudson to schedule the test jobs and email the test report.
- Ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment.
Environment: Selenium-RC, JIRA - bug tracking tool, JDBC, Selenium Grid, Maven, Hudson.
- Understanding the Business Requirements and Functional Specifications of the web application.
- Extensively worked on handling application response for Positive &Negative sets of data using Data Driven Testing.
- Involved in Executing Test Cases for Functional Testing and Prepared Bug report.
- Performed System Testing, Functional Testing, Black Box testing, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and Regression Testing.
- Prepared Test cases, procedures, Bug Tracking, Logging and reporting bugs using Bugzilla.
- Conducted system testing for applications to ensure requirements are met and defects are managed.
- Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Attended team meetings to discuss about the test strategy and defect resolution with various teams which include Development, Business, Deployment and Offshore teams
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze and resolve the issues that were encountered while testing the application.
- Bugs were reported to Developers using Test Director and after rectification from Developers regression testing was performed.
- Interacted with Technical team in providing clear solutions to requirements.
- Consolidated Test Results and Prepared Test Reports.
Network Test Engineer
- Performed firmware testing on the Linksys devices.
- Setup, test beds and troubleshot different test configuration.
- Acted as Escalation Lead for Linksys networking product, coordinating a staff of 5.
- Subject matter expert for Linksys network products configuration and troubleshooting
- Handled Priority 1 critical problems.
- Coached and mentored junior engineers on configuring and troubleshooting Linksys networking products (Wi-Fi routers, Range extenders, network switches, network adapters and networking accessories)