- Accomplished Senior Quality Manager/Director who leverages strong management, interpersonal skills, flexibility and teamwork to achieve business objectives. Known for defining and implementing a shared vision of quality concepts that enhance the software development processes. Recognized for achievements:
- Strategic decision making in program setup, educations, and resource planning
- Team building; from ground - up to a highly competent and disciplined QA/Dev group
- Significant increase in QA productivity ; increased volume of successful projects with relatively low increase in headcount.
- 18+ years of management experience, managing a wide range of Development and QA resources, from analysts to high-level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDETs) and Software Development Engineers (SDEs), onshore and offshore resources.
- 18+ years of experience of various types of software development/testing/release processes
- Supporting all phases of Agile Product Development, certified Scrum Master. Experienced in working with Test Driven Development and Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Extensive experience defining SDLC, STLC, QA policies and procedures for multiple, diverse projects
- Established levels of Continuous Integration in Agile teams.
- Lead the creation of automation framework for a wide variety of projects: web applications, mobile applications, web services, and enterprise systems
- Implementation of full automation within each Iteration of Sprints.
- Implementation of Quality Metrics such as Bug Introduction Rate and Code Coverage
- Development of redundancy through cross-training, continuous knowledge transfer and documentation
- Actively involved in defining products and designing architecture for risk assessments
- Focus on efficiency
- Focus on automation architecture and continuous integration
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Manage day-to-day activities of 2 onsite and offshore QA teams conducting front end, middleware, backend testing in addition to full automated testing. Teams consisted of highly technical software QA engineers, in-house and directly managed off-shore.
- Lead the adoption of Agile Scrum for the company. Comprehensive tool evaluation for Agile Scrum. Conducted training cross department on the principles of Agile Scrum. First ScrumMaster for the entire company and trained new ScrumMaster’s.
- Implemented framework for automation testing tool to facilitate the automation of End-to-End and the functionality testing on front-end, API, and database layers.
- Involved in the inception phase for planning and risk assessment followed by setting up QA strategies suit for each project.
- Actively participating in designing/architecting the workflows of features/components.
- Have all the automated test projects integrated with continuous integration environment
- Have all the automated test projects version controlled.
- Own and create documentation that communicates the standards and procedures of a large QA Team. Created test suites to manage all tests in a test case management system.
- Manage all QA and DEV environments, coordinate release schedule with release team.
- Plan, develop, and implement the research of new or improved testing methods, best practices, processes, tools, and systems.
- Analyze software defects; conduct bug triage meetings with development and PM.
- Building a high performance Agile QA team by hiring, coaching and mentoring QA engineers.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics through strong analytical skills and experience with the implementation of those QA metrics.
- Own the formal & informal communication of testing progress, impact, and risk to stakeholders.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Senior QA Manager
- Manage distributed team of 24 Senior and Staff Quality Assurance Engineers responsible for successful product rollout of Confidential 's Mobile Wallet and Payments Solutions.
- Agile Scrum champion for Confidential transformation. Implementation of Continuous Integration and full automation within each Sprint Iterations.
- Measured effectiveness of testing suites by implementing code coverage and filling in gap after each analysis.
- Led key QA teams in Confidential to enable Open Source Developers create applications using Confidential as their main Payments Solution.
- Work with software development team to strengthen their ability to continually test code through the development process. Assist in developing automated tests in partnership with developers and QA for continuous regression testing.
- Contributed to next generation automation tools and frameworks. An advocate for change
- Review overall development, execution and maintenance of manual and automated test procedures. Led development and maintenance of thorough and accurate documentation of work and communicated technical issues to Product/Project Managers, Tech Leads, Project Managers and business stakeholders.
- Analyzed, evaluated, and executed methods of approach to solve problems central to an assigned research or programming project and the estimated resources for completion.
- Collaborated with cross functional QA teams to 'front load' test case development and execution of those test cases as early as possible in the Sprint. Participated throughout the design and development process, analyzing features to point out weaknesses or inconsistencies
- Provides leadership to other members of the team, provides guidance on QA best practices and to be the advocate for a structured and well-designed QA approach to software development
- Determined the readiness of each Release in coordination with QA based on release criteria including management of the approvals process and assessing potential impacts of releases.
Director of Quality Assurance
- Developed Quality Assurance Organization staff of 16 quality professionals supporting the Agile Scrum Product Development Teams.
- Ensured high quality for the company’s three major business lines: Retail Software, Wholesale Software and Public Network Products.
- Retail and Wholesale Software Products included Mobile and Windows clients for the iPhone, iPad, Motorola, BlackBerry and Symbian Products.
- Drove the quality assurance process, helped define priorities, establish timelines, allocate resources, and achieve team goals.
- Communicated with internal and external stakeholders, end users and partners requirements validity, test progress, project schedule impacts, defect rate and product/service readiness.
- Designed and established overall QA strategy and goals in alignment with the company's vision.
- Managed test case development and execution. Developed automation strategy and identified areas that are candidates for automation.
- Directed and controlled the activities of QA offshore staff. Overall responsible for the direction of assigned projects and tasks.
- Tested an evolving product line that included software clients, web applications and backend infrastructure.
- Mentored QA Leads and Senior QA staff with overall QA methodologies, internal QA and Development training and team issues.
Confidential, San Mateo, CA
Director of Quality Assurance
- Developed Quality Assurance Organization staff of 6 quality professionals supporting
- Phases of testing and release management.
- Planned all resources and schedules for functional and performance QA work for new and existing travel clients.
- Managed test case development and execution. Identified areas that are candidates for automation.
- Established Product Requirements Template and Test Plan Template to be used by Business Analysts and QA Engineers.
- Worked closely with other project team members including Tech Support Staff to identify and resolve client generated Tracker Issues. Provided detailed information for the Development Team to isolate and fix the defect/issue.
- Led Bug Review Meetings which included all project team members and key Stakeholders.
- Managed resource contention between ongoing development projects and urgent defects reported in production.
- Provided frequent testing statuses to project team members on all projects under test.
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
Senior Manager of Quality Engineering
- Developed Quality Assurance Organization staff of 30+ quality professionals supporting phases of the defined Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Implemented the Segue and Rational test suites, including SilkPerformer for stress testing, Rational Robot and SilkTest for backend automation.
- Instructed quality professionals and project team members on quality practices and principles used to support the defined SDLC processes.
- Mentored quality professionals on career development. Coaching the QE staff on career plans; identifying training and education required meeting professional goals.
- Established several test labs in multiple office sites. Managed all QE Labs, which required purchases, upgrades, security and maintenance.
- Led multiple Quality Engineering teams to support the Sarbanes Oxley project initiatives. Assured Confidential is in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Implemented a new billing system for Confidential . Led a large group of Quality Engineers that tested all projects, work requests and production break/fix on this new billing system.
- Established QE team for testing the new SAP/CRM solution for Confidential . Attended training courses and led the creation of the master test plan for this project.
- Coordinated and spearheaded all QE outsourcing initiatives. Assessed areas needed to be outsourced, wrote an RFI and RFP, and negotiated with outsource vendors.
- Led QA team in testing Confidential ’s Web Set Top Box and CDMA projects.
- Managed the QA team responsible for testing the mobile devices such as Blackberry, Treo and Palm.
- Established testing organization for Mobile/Wireless type projects at Confidential .
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Manager - Web Services Quality Engineering
- Implemented Software Quality Engineer team of 12 to provide the support for testing in the software and portal project teams in the development and implementation of the SDLC.
- Assigned Software Quality Engineers to software development projects. Responsible for testing execution both manual and automated utilizing Segue SilkTest testing tools.
- Developed and assisted in the implementation of the project (SDLC) Software Development Lifecycle throughout the organization processes included Planning, Design, Testing and Construction, phases.
- Mentored the SQE and development staff on quality concepts and methodologies to provide continuous improvement for building and certifying software to meet requirement specifications.
- Led the testing efforts for the Client Software Project. Worked with multiple departments within the organization towards completion.
- Implemented a new bug-tracking database for the company. Established both client and web-based PVCS Tracker across the company. Enforced the Change Request Management Process to all users.
- Managed the Quality Engineering Lab. Ensured the test lab contained all of the different mix of operating systems and hardware.
- Led the testing efforts for the first web-based email software called SpringMail. Worked with multiple departments within the organization towards completion.