- IT Professional with 12+ Years of experience in Software Testing (Manual & Automation), QA Management & Stakeholder Management.
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Backend Testing, Black - Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing & Boundary Value Testing.
- Experienced in Software Quality Assurance (SQA) including Manual & Automation testing in various domains (i.e. Telecom, GAS, Electrical, Property Management, Financial, Cargo and various Managerial Portals/Applications with tools such as Cucumber, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, HP QTP/UFT, SOAP UI, JIRA & Quality Center/ALM.
- Good understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) techniques and complete knowledge on SDLC & STLC.
- Strong leadership qualities with proven record of accomplishment of inspiring teams (onsite / offsite) to deliver high quality software and achieve strategic business goals and customer delight.
- Experience in defining overall Test Strategy/Methodologies, Test Plans, Execution Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking, Entry and Exit criteria, setting up Test Environments, Test Data for various test Phases/Environments.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Played key role for understanding of business & IT requirements to streamline administration and internal processes, resulting in enhanced automation and operational efficiency.
Testing Tools: Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT/QTP & SOAP UI
Test Framework: TestNG
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, HP Quality Center, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Packages: MS-Office Suite(Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project and MS-Visual Studio
Databases: Oracle, DB, SQL Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX, Linux
Dashboards/Portals: Share Point Portal, STASH (Bitbucket), OneConfluence, Test Automation Portal, Release Management System, Resource Management System, Quality Management System, Project Information Management System, Inspa & Control Checker
QA Analyst/Automation Engineer
- Participated Functionality demo sessions, reviewed Product Specifications document and worked closely with BA/QA execution Team for creating Automation Test Scenarios / Test Cases before start the Test Development of each Module.
- Developed and Implemented Web Application Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Creation of Feature Files and Automation Step Definitions using Cucumber and Java. Used IntelliJ IDEA to develop & debug the code.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like “XPath” and “CSS” to run WebDriver Scripts in stable condition for all Phases / Environments.
- Experience in managing / delivering projects working in an onsite / offsite delivery model.
- Automated Data Driven testing using Automation Portal Data Source and XML utilities.
- Performed Web Application Functional, GUI testing, Navigational testing of the application and set up required test data for all test cases for all modules.
- Manage and drive continuous improvement, releases and test automation efforts.
- Used SQL to generate the test metrics after executing the respective test cases of the Module/Functionality.
- Responsible to review Manual Test Cases in QC, Identify automation test cases and updated respected flags in QC for each module.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve the defects.
- Supported for Enterprise Releases (ERs) & Maintenance Releases (MRs) and Manage defects during execution to help ensure that the defects are addressed in Priority order.
- Updated/Created for existing test Scripts /New test scripts per new enhancements for each release.
- Schedule Kick of Meetings, FRD and BRD Walk through sessions with Business and project team.
- Identify and adopt new testing methodologies, tools, technologies and best practices from appropriate sources, to improve the test coverage and test strategies to strive for process improvements.
- Re-tested and Closed defects in QC after resolved/fixed the defects by developers.
- Good with creating daily QA Activity documents (QA Dashboards for Management, Status Reports, Metrics, Traceability Matrixes, Release Notes, Check Lists, Validated Test Results, Defect Tracking Report and required supporting documents.
- Participated weekly status meetings with management to provide work status for assigned work and if any issues/risks.
- Created Regression Test document to track and report testing activities during each release of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources & logged defects.
- Interacted with other external teams for environment/license issues, external services availability and work towards resolution.
- Reviewed Product Specifications and Interacted with SME/BA and Development Team for understanding the requirements and functionality to create Test Scenarios/ Test Cases.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Web Application automation test script using HP QTP / UFT with VB Script.
- Good Experience in all Phases of Software Testing & Software Development Life Cycle.
- Conducted analysis and validation the test results with the help of post-test reports and updated to Management.
- Updated Test Scenarios / Test Cases per new enhancements for each release.
- Created Regression Test document to track and report testing activities during each release of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, logged defects.
- Involved in Defect Triage Meetings with BA and Development Teams to resolve the defects.
- Participated in Daily/Weekly Status review meetings and provided status updates.
- Streamlined the existing QA Process in the Department by discussing with Sr.Management and Team.
- Responsible for Release Management System (RMS) for every release as per the release calendar/time lines.
- Prepared Lessons Learnt document and reviewed with the team for every release.
- Responsible for Product/Domain Knowledge Transfer to new joiners and cross trainings to existing team members.
- Responsible for assigning tasks to team members. Prepared Resources Vs Efforts Report for every quarter.
- Implemented and developed various automated systems in the Company and its improved efficiency and accuracy and allowing me to downsize the operation by 20 employees and reduce the yearly budget $300,000.
- Updated Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all requirements are covered in testing.
- Interacted with other departments as needed, for external services and work towards resolution.
- Participated in Web Application Functional Spec/Business Requirement review meetings with BA and Development Team to better understanding of the application functionality and business rules.
- Responsible for Web Application-Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Boundary Value Testing of the Application.
- Test for XML files by Sending/Receiving XML requests using SOAP UI.
- Worked as Application Administrator for IKC & IT GSD Services Portal.
- Developed Test Schedules for Functional Test Modules.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Reported application defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve the defects/technical issues.
- Participated in Weekly status meetings and Defect Triage Meeting with Developers & BAs.
- Created Regression Document to track and report testing activities during each phase of testing, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, logged defects and their status, performance baselines.
- Prepared of Lessons Learnt doc during Testing Release for what worked and what did not work.
- Reviewed Test Scenarios & Test Cases and provided feedback to the Team.
- Responsible for updating the Project Status details on Project Management Information System (PMIS) for every week.
- Interacted with other teams/departments as needed, for external services and work towards resolution.
- Participated Monthly Corporate Quality Review Meetings (CQRMs) and Sr.Management Review Meetings (MRMs).
- Responsible for updating the review meeting notes in Quality Management System (QMS) for every month.
- Involved in Department Quality Audits & Corporate Quality Audits in the Organization.
- Coach and advise the team on process improvements.
- Worked on various managerial applications / portals and stream lined the existing QA / Work flow processes which is very helpful to the organization and reduced staff by 10 positions and saved revenue approx. $250,000.
- Worked as Interview Panel Member for new resource recruitment in the Organization.
- Reviewed Business & Functional Requirements.
- Created of Test Scenarios & Test Cases for all the requirements.
- Responsible for test case execution as per the test plan.
- Prepared Test Execution Schedules & Reports.
- Participated in Weekly defect triage & Status Meetings.
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Created understanding document for the module and provided knowledge transfer to team members.
- Performed System, Functional, Regression and Navigational Testing of the application.
- Prepared Test data for interpreting the Positive/Negative/Regression results.
- Co-ordinated with Developers to fix application defects.