- Over 6+ years of experiences in developing robust test automation framework using Selenium Java WebDriver Cucumber framework, Restful API framework, and Database Test framework .
- Proficient in back end testing using complex SQL script.
- Excellent working experience in all phases of SDLC: Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation (Production) and Maintenance Support (Post Production).
- Working knowledge of SOA, Web Services, Web Services Definition Language ( WSDL ) and RESTful API .
- Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual Test Cases and Test Scripts created in Selenium WebDriver with TestNG and JUnit frameworks .
- Experience in Automation, Integration (CIT/SIT/UAT), Installation, Smoke, Regression, System, GUI, Ad-Hoc, Cross Browser Compatibility Testing .
- Extensively Used HP ALM Mercury Quality Center, and JIRA to create Test cases and report Bugs in Defect Module .
- Hands-on experience using XPath and CSS Locator functions and Page Object Model .
- Experience with Jenkins & Bamboo integration for continuous integration.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for web based applications using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Maven and Jenkins .
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Experienced in Back-End Testing with SQL Queries using JDBC in MySQL and Oracle Database.
- Experienced in BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions . Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber .
- Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Programming in JAVA .
- Experience in Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development using parameterized options in TestNG, Junit, & Cucumber Framework .
- Hands on experiences setting up AWS windows & Linux instances; setting and configuring IIS and Apache Tomcat web servers.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt any new environment and work on any projects independently when needed.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in Scrum and Sprint Meetings .
- Participated in Sprint Grooming and Sprint Planning sessions to analyze the Sprint Backlog .
- Excellent team player with a good communication skill, provided mentoring sessions for manual team members.
- Proven self-starter, capable of working independently and motivating a team of professionals.
Testing Tools : Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, HTTP Get/Post/Delete/Put, Selenium IDE, HP ALM QC
Web Servers : IIS, Apache Tomcat
Unit Test Frameworks : TestNG, Junit, Cucumber Framework
Build Tools : Maven.
Continuous integration Tools : BitBucket, Bamboo .
RDBMS : MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
Servers : AWS Windows, AWS Linux
Confidential, Richardson, TX
Sr. Test Automation Engineer
- Automated business & residential customer portal for landline, internet, and video mobile subscriptions
- Develop automation framework for the Frontier - Verizon conversion projects
- Analyzed Business Requirements to develop test plan and test strategies, created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases and test data for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Utilized Selenium IDE tool to analyze how Selenium WebDriver locate the elements.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Java in IntelliJ IDE.
- Involved in identifying the E2E scenario for automation, creating reusable methods, generic methods and Page Object Pattern element definitions.
- Successfully built from scratch automation framework for web-based application using Java, Selenium, Cucumber, Maven, Junit and Bamboo.
- Designed and developed Cucumber feature files and created following step definitions in Java based on User Stories.
- Extensively used Cucumber BDD for developing User Stories.
- Used Junit framework to run automation tests and Maven to build the Project.
- Designed and implemented Apache JMeter performance test framework to test applications for concurrent user performance measurement.
- Tested RESTful API using Google Chrome Restful console clients manually. After the manual verification, automated API features using Cucumber API framework.
- Experienced in using Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platforms and various browser combinations in parallel.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium WebDriver to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Integrated the test suites to Bamboo to execute them automatically after every successful code check-in & deployment.
- Performed back-end testing on Oracle and SQL Server databases by writing SQL queries to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Sr. Test Automation Developer
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and developed detailed Test Scenarios and Test cases on the customer account, insurance claim, and benefit processing portal.
- Created, prepared and conducted quality assurance review meetings, developed checks list and other QA documentation like Defect Reports.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional, Regression, Integration test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated the regression test cases using the Selenium TestNG.
- Conducted smoke/sanity testing of the application based on user requirements.
- Planned and coordinated testing efforts for defining the Scope of Regression.
- Prepared Proof of Concept for test automation framework and provided demo to the upper management for further automation effort.
- Designed and Developed Test Automation Framework using Java language and management
- Participated in Code Review meeting and provided feedback for test automation scripts.
- Interacted with developers to discuss exiting software defects and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Coordinated between the automation testers, manual testers and system administrators for the precise scheduling of the test runs.
- Performed Back-End Testing by developing complex SQL Queries.
- Executed manual and automated test cases and logged defect in Jira.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Test Automation Engineer
- Automated E-Commerce platform for pricing model, customer credit application portal and transaction management portal.
- Performed Smoke test, Functional test, Regression test and User Acceptance test
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in gathering requirements and preparing High level design requirements, Test Plan reviews.
- Created manual test cases and test suites for different modules of the application.
- Performed manual testing by following STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) process.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to test the application for various order flows and order fulfillment activities.
- Worked with the development team to create a suite of test data including both input files and expected results that fully exercise data validation.
- Performed functional testing and smoke testing of various web based application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked on browser compatibility testing of the application using Selenium.
- Involved in Regression Testing for every changes in modules using TestNG along with Selenium.
- Developed milestones to ensure the project deadlines were met.
- Communicated with Development Team to resolve and retest defects.
Confidential, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
Test Automation Engineer
- Involved to improve processes and implemented best practices in SDLC of the project.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression and User Acceptance testing of the application.
- Involved in Test Coverage Matrix, Requirement analysis and Requirement Traceability.
- Prepared the Expected results for various reports to evaluate the functionality of the application.
- Involved in detailed Functional testing for various Modules like Registration, Cancellation and Billing for various plans and services.
- Tracked and documented the defects in ALM/Quality center and reported the defects to the developers through ALM/Quality Center.
- Prepared the Traceability Matrix reports to view the business rules coverage by using ALM/Quality Center.
- Worked with developers by updating the defects and resolving them and tracking the status using ALM/Quality Center.
- Maintained the test log defect reports and also monitored the resolution of defects using ALM/Quality Center.
- Involved in writing the High level and Detailed Test cases for Functional and Regression testing using QTP.
- Created database checkpoints and tested the backend data using QTP.
- Wrote the descriptive programming whenever required and updated the scripts in QTP.
- Automated Smoke tests, Core-Regression tests and Functional tests by using QTP.
- Developed Automation Object Model scripts for automate the QTP settings and options.
- Modified the automated QTP Scripts for regular release screen changes and to support regular functional changes.
- Developed Data driven Framework using QTP automated Script to execute the Batch Testing upon certain Interval.
- Creed and executed the End-to- End scenarios to test the thorough functionality of the application.
- Involved in User acceptance testing by providing the data to the business analysts.
- Shared responsibility for overall project objectives, goals and delivery of requirements.
- Worked extensively with developers to resolve the errors and bugs.
Environment: UFT, QTP, ALM/Quality Center, VB script, XML, Oracle, SQL, Windows, MS-office and Linux.