- An Experienced Software Quality Assurance (Automation/Development) Engineer with 8+ years proven background in Software Development, Software Quality Engineering, Agile(SCRUM), Test - Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and Automated Testing.
- Expertise in wide variety of platforms including Manual,ETL,ERP, SOA/Web Services, Web and Mobile based applications of various domains such as Telecom, Finance, Retail, E-Commerce, Healthcare, Insurance and Banking.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM/KANBAN and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience in various Agile Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective).
- Experienced in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testing and (UAT)User Acceptance Testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Experience with Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, data analysis and web applications utilizing Python .
- Extensively utilize JIRA (zephyr for Jira) for maintaining the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Execution, Defect Management, and Bug Reporting.
- Experience in configuring QA Process in Quality Center/ALM/Load Runner with Project/Site administration.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider
- Extensive experience in Databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL including NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience as a Web Application Developer and Software Engineer using Python, Django, Java, C++, and HTML.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool . Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Experience in using JMeter for performance Testing and API testing.
- Experience with test creation using scripting languages such as Groovy and Griddle .
- Professional in designing, developing and enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Java .
- Strong knowledge of working with Data Marts (Star Schema and Snowflake Schema) including Slow Changing Dimensions.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Teradata and Flat Files using SQL assistant.
- Well conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Behavioral Driven Framework (BDD) and Page Object Model (POM) using Selenium.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins for scheduling the jobs using Jenkins, GIT, TestNG and Maven.
- Used Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG .
- Proficient in handling Dropdown, Alerts, Cookies, Frames, Pop ups using Selenium WebDriver .
- Implemented cross browser testing using Selenium Grid and using @Parameters and @Data provider annotations.
- Used Auto-IT to handle OS pop-ups/applications, stimulate keyboard and mouse events and to upload/download files
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
- Good Knowledge of Python Web Framework Django.
- Developed utilities to handle issues with multiple frames in a dynamic environment and to perform operations on web elements.
- Proven ability to work with Behavior Driven Development using Cucumber which integrated feature files, Step Definition and Runner classes in Gherkins language
- Expertise in executing the test cases and raising the defects using the Defect Tracking Tool JIRA, TestRail,Rally, Bugzilla and Quality Center.
- Experienced in Mobile Testing using Appium and Perfecto Mobile.
- Experienced dealing with Ajax Requests in Selenium Web driver using Synchronization
- Ability to read an excel file using Apache POI (Page Object Index), and access the data from database using JDBC
- Scripted the test cases and managed the framework dependencies using Maven .
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN, GIT CVS version control tool.
- Tested the report generated by SSRS , verified and validated the report using SQL.
- Good Knowledge in ICD-9/ICD-10, HIPAA 4010 /5010, Claim Processing, Management Information Software and Finance Accounting Software .
- Very good team player in working with others on critical assignments .
- Knowledge on using python, C# programming language
- Strong verbal/written communication, leadership, project management, problem solving, customer service and interpersonal skills.
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum/Kanban, Waterfall,V-Model,SDLC, STLC
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, AutoIt6, Cucumber, SoapUI, Ready API, CA LISA/CA Dev Test, Appium, JMeter
Mobile Testing: Appium, Perfecto Mobile
Test Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG
Performance Testing: JMeter, Load Runner
Multi Browser Testing Tools: Sauce Labs, Browser Stack
Python Framework: Django, Webapp2, Flask
Unit Testing Tools: JUnit, NUnit, TestNG
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Test Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Utilities: Auto-IT, Firebug, Log4J, Fire Path and Putty.
Version Control Systems: GIT, SVN, CVS
API Testing Tools: Ready API, SoapUI-PRO, SOAP UI, Post-Man, Apiary
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, XML, WSDL, JSON
Behavior Driven Tools: Cucumber, Gherkin
Artifacts: Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Plan, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug Report
Bug Tracking Tools: Atlassian JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, Rally, TFS, Bugzilla, Confluence
Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Defect Management: JIRA, Rally,TestRail HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Bugzilla
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ.
Build and Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
MS Office Tools: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS, Linux, Unix
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort
- Responsible for working within a team to create, document and execute testing strategy, test plans, test cases and test scripts in support of a set of global tools, systems, and databases
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting
- Wrote and maintained test cases from specs in TestRail.
- Involved in building database Model, APIs and Views utilizing Python, in order to build an interactive web based solution.
- Performed the build and maven dependencies using Maven build tool
- Extensively worked in Regression testing, Parallel processing using Selenium Web driver in TestNG
- Developed test scripts for web elements by identifying the locators using Firebug and Firepath Firefox plugins
- Developed custom libraries for automation using JAVA & Selenium WebDriver
- Utilized AWS Cloud Watch to monitor the performance environment instances for operational andperformance metrics during load testing.
- Developed Python batch processors to consume and produce various feeds.
- Involved in web application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, and Eclipse
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed automated test scripts using TestNG annotations like Group, parameter, Data provider.
- Created test approach and test cases for logging module, reviewed and analyzed the existing test scripts.
- Developed HTML TestNG reports for analyzing the output of test using Extent Reports API.
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Developed synchronization using implicit and explicit wait conditions.
- Incorporated the test data in test scripts from Excel using Apache POI API.
- Created automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver and developed Data-Driven Development Framework from scratch.
- Developed Back-end testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
- Effectively employed continuous integration using Jenkins in-sync with Sauce Labs cloud automated testing platform to allow for constant monitoring of production application.
- Developing scripts for Mobile UI Testing using Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile app testing in IOS, Android using Appium Tool.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN source control repository tool.
- Involved in performance testing using JMeter.
- Automated web-services testing using Ready API and performed Restful web-services testing using get, post, put and delete methods.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA.
- Used Postman which is lightweight API testing tool which is used manually to test Web service testing, looking for quick answers during the testing phase
- Developed tools using Python, Shell scripting, XML to automate some of the menial tasks
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Used GIT as a central repository for version control. Worked with merge conflicts.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers (cross-browser testing) and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Developed features and test scripts using BDD (Behavior driven development) in Cucumber.
- Developed Cucumber HTML, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver,Python,Django,Appium, Sauce labs, TestNG, GIT, Apache POI, Firebug, Fire path, XML, XPATH, Cucumber, DOM, Quality Center, JMeter, Cucumber, Jira, Postman, SVN, Agile, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Jenkins
Confidential, Columbus, OH
ETL Tester/QAAutomation Engineer
- Understanding the Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, and Design documents.
- Test plan preparation, involved in the requirement discussion with business users.
- Prepared the Test data to mock up all the Test Scenarios and ETL Test Cases.
- Reviewing the Test cases and provides review comments to team members
- Involved in URS/SRS review calls with BA and Project Managers
- Wrote Python scripts to parse XML documents and load the data in database.
- Executing the Test Scenarios, helping the team member to prepare the test data.
- Responsible for testing and reviewing of ETL Mappings and the Transformations based on the business requirements from the end users and the business teams.
- Testing of the ETL jobs that are scheduled for file transfers from operational data sources to the designated file systems/directories.
- Developed Merge jobs in Python to extract and load data into MySQL database
- All work is done in ASP.NET using C#, SQL Server 2012, Dot Net Nuke and Team Foundation Server.
- Managed client machines running a customized version of Windows XP on proprietary hardware, and Ubuntu Linux workstations.
- Worked on power DNS on the AWS cloud and maintained it with MySQL database.
- Used SQL Developer for testing the ETL processes, and the Business Rules.
- Wrote complex SQL Queries by joining inner/outer multiple tables/views to validate the data stored by ETL processes.
- Ran Docker compatibility testing on various Linux distros, Amazon and Google cloud
- Responsible for validation of Target data in Data Warehouse and Data Marts which are transformed
- Tracking the testing status and reporting the same to client.
- Preparing the scenarios and data for the performance testing
- Responsible to prepare the metrics like Test summary reports, Build analysis
- Developed test scripts to Performed Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Back end testing of an application.
- Created test input requirements and prepared the test data for Data Driven Testing.
- Proficient in performing BI test cases and ETL test cases.
- Experience working with Visio, documenting and mapping process flows
- Involved in the error checking and testing of the ETL programs using Informatica session log and workflow logs
- Set up rules and policies with a Node.js/Python back end.
- Performs Capacity planning, Performance Tuning of Oracle & Mongo DB databases.
- Configure VM to host affinity rule for database servers
- Involved in analyzing test results & Identify bugs and reporting to the developers using HP ALM.
- Configured master and slave machines by matching Java and JMeter and setting up environment variables for running tests through JMeter.
- Performed Quality Assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle phases.
Environment:: Windows XP,Python, MySQL,TFS, Docker,AWS Services, Java, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium Grid, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse, SQL Server, GIT Hub and Cucumber, Auto IT, Apache POI, Extent Reports, Oracle, Appium, Jira, Informatica, SQL Server 2008, Teradata SQL Assistant, Teradata V2R6, Business Objects, Quality Center /ALM, Oracle 10g / 11g, Agile, UNIX, NoSQL, Mongo DB.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in developing Modular Driven Automation Framework from the scratch
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium with Java
- Developed ANT based build scripts to run Selenium Automation
- Handle the application response for positive and negative sets of data with data driven testing using HP QTP
- Involved in Developing Test plans and Test cases for GUI testing using QTP
- Expertise in working with checkpoints of QTP and developed QTP scripts for various reports.
- Ensured that the existing functionality is working properly by performing regression testing with QTP Scripts.
- Used Python based GUI components for the front end functionality such as selection criteria.
- Extensively used QTP integrated environment like Data Table, Actions, and Recovery scenarios.
- Performed manual functional testing with QC and Regression Testing with QTP.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL Navigator. Conducted Regression testing using QTP after the bugs have been fixed by the development team
- Performed Integration Testing and batch testing in QTP
- Handled performance testing for analyzing and measuring the performance of a variety of services using JMeter, with a focus on the application
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver
- Rewrite existing Java application in Python module to deliver certain format of data
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object's id, Name, XPath, link in the application
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases on multiple platforms
- Handled dropdown, alerts, cookies, frames, pop ups using QTP
- Used Cucumber which is a tool based on Behavior Driven Development (BDD) framework which is used to write acceptance tests for web application.
- Achieved Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) implementation with Cucumber, Gherkin and Jenkins Continuous Integration, expanded test scenarios tracked Cucumber reports.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Performed testing on web services using SOAPUI with XML web services and SOAP.
- Created Feature file using Behavior Driven Development Using cucumber Gherkin.
- Performed Data Driven testing using SOAPUI.
- Reported defects through Jira and performing regression to resolve bug fixes.
- Extensively involved in resolving bug fixes with Development Team.
- Involved in migrating QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule and run the automated test scripts.
- Used SVN for Build Management for each release, QA, Integration and staging environments.
- Actively participated in daily Scrum meetings and involved in bi-weekly Sprint releases.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
QA Engineer/Functional Analyst
- Responsible for Planning, Design, Configuration and Testing changes for various modules for upgrading from 12.1.3 to 12.2.5
- Setup related Changes for Oracle R12 Financials(AP,AR,GL,FA,CM and iExpense),Supply chain Management(P2P,O2C) and Oracle Project(PA and PC),Fixed Assets suite of products
- Created Test cases from scratch by using Business Functional Requirement Specs, and also responsible for developing, reviewing, coordinating and delivering the Test Strategy and System Test Plan documents and also responsible for creating the test specifications, including test plan and test cases
- Designed automation framework compatible with QTP and QC
- Customization of Quality Center projects based on Application team requests.
- Delivered the Automation Testing scripts as per scheduled dates with high quality
- Analyzing Test Report generated by automated test scripts. Presented test results to the developers and the management
- Involved in implementing error-handling mechanism for handling run-time errors while running Automation script
- Communication with design and development teams (direct discussion or conference)
- Automated more than thousand scripts in Oracle ERP
- Creating and executing System andFunctional test scripts
- Involved actively in creation of Regression Testing suite of automated QTP scripts to do the Regression Testing and build Acceptance Testing. QA tested customization of the Forms, Reports, Concurrent programs, Customized PL/SQL code, nightly batch jobs/interfaces that bring the data from legacy systems to Oracle ERP Apps
- Reported, tracked the bugs and errors through the Quality Center (HP-QC). Participated in bugs and enhancement review meetings. Assigning the bugs and enhancement request to the submitters and follow up
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users.
Environment:: Oracle Apps 11i, R12; Load Runner 8.x, HP QC 10/11, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL
Java Developer/QA Analyst
- Plan and execute the Test plan for project.
- Implemented and followed Waterfall methodology
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in Quality Center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Involved in Project Planning and co-ordination.
- Worked in HTML, JSP and Java Script for creating the presentation layer.
- Developed JSP and Servlet as controllers for dispatching the request to the business logic layer.
- Implemented the business logic using Java POJO.
- Created data access objects using JavaBeans and implemented persistence using JDBC.
- Portal designing and testing with populated data.
- Performed the code reviews and refractor the code to improve the performance.
- Used AJAX to modify small portions of the web pages.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with systematic procedure and expected results and maintained the Test Logs, Test Reports, Test Issues, and Defect Tracking using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Created test coverage matrix for Regression and Smoke Testing of the product.
- Hands on experience in java Interface, Collection Framework, Java.
- Used Oracle as the backend database.
- Reported using QA status Reports, Defect Log Reports, Traceability Reports and Test Execution and Results Reports.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Interacted with manual and automation testing team to come up with best ways to improve data