- Over 7 years of experience in Software testing life Cycle and with proven expertise in different skills and implementation of test strategies, test plans, test cases, and test procedures on complex Web based, Client/server, using manual and automated testing tools.
- Clear understanding of QA methodologies in line with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in the use of AGILE approaches, including Extreme Programming, Test - Driven Development and Scrum.
- Expertise in analyzing and reviewing business requirements for the preparation of Test strategies, Test plans, Test cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in multiple design and review sessions interacting with the business analysts, developers and the users.
- Expertise in managing defects using defect management tools like HP Quality Center
- An excellent team member with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, strong communication skills, hardworking and high level of motivation. A quick learner with an aptitude for taking responsibilities.
- Excellent experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Testing of Client/Server Applications, Web based Applications and Mobile Applications.
- Excellent experience in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Data.
- Review requirements documentation in order to clearly identify priority and impact of test cases.
- Strong skills in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
- Excellent experience in manual testing
- Extensive experience in running various kinds of tests such as Unit, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, End to End, Performance, Load, Stress, Backend, Black Box, User Acceptance Test (UAT) and Mobile Applications.
- Excellent experience in working with various databases like Oracle and SQL SERVER.
- Very good experience in using bug tracking tools like JIRA
- Possess knowledge about various Internet Protocols like HTTP, FTP and SMTP.
- Expertise in Analysis of Requirement documents, Design documents & Business Rules.
- Excellent written and Verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player with very good communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Great presentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationship with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in high-stress situations.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, ScrumDefect Tracking Tools: Quality Center/Test Director, JIRA, TFC, Bugzilla
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000-2008, MS Access, Oracle
Language: VB Script, C, HTML, XML, Java, shell scripting
Other Applications: MS Office, MS Project
Browsers: Netscape, I Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
Operating System: Window, UNIX
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implement Agile - Scrum Methodology for frequent changes to client requirements and following parallel development and testing.
- Effectively participate in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participate in retrospective meetings.
- Implement short sprint cycles of agile Estimation method of Testing, including the need for fast feedback, high visibility and alignment with customer need.
- Design and execute test cases, test scripts, to check the data validity for various applications, tracking software and specification defects and resolution using Quality Center, documenting all phases of QA life cycle, analyze functional requirements, mapping documents.
- Analyze Business Requirements, use cases AGILE (SDLC) PROCESS, high level designing and detail technical design of JAVA application.
- Create business process test plans and test cases using Quality Center
- Perform functional, Integration, regression System Testing
- Perform End to End Testing of the application against cross platforms UNIX & WINDOWS and IOS
- Setup and validation of jobs, verify core system tests, document findings, and work with development and testing team for problem correction and re-test.
- Responsible for all types of tests like Business Functionality, Load Testing, Documentation testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), browser compatibility testing, Integration testing and maintain technical design documentation in Oracle and Windows environments.
- Attend Daily Defect/Issue Discussion Meetings.
- Coordination between offsite and offshore test activities, guiding the resource according to timeline and high prioritize requirements.
- Involve in manual and automation testing of application under test (AUT) using Quality Center
- Review computer logs and reports to identify application processing errors and possible improvements.
- Interact with the team members and participated in review meeting with developers and Business Analyst's for understanding the requirements.
- Performed the System and Acceptance testing of the application based on the Customer Environment.
Environment: Window Server 2003/2008, Window XP/7, UNIX, QC 11, MS Office 2007, MS IE, Oracle, UNIX, SDLC, Java, MS Office, Access, EXCEL, SQLQA Analyst
Confidential, Burr Ridge, IL
- Writing the test cases, executing the test scripts, logging the defects.
- Developed and Executed Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application and reporting the status on the projects.
- Performed manual testing of the application for GUI and functional validation.
- Formulated requirement traceability matrix using Quality Center.
- Maintained accurate tracking list of issues and enhancements and defect management using Quality Center.
- Experience in automating the functional & Regression scripts
- Escalated defects to programmers/developers to resolve the issue in order to provide bug free product to the client.
- Posting payments and transactions using XML.
- Prepared deliverables for the project like Functional Test Plan, Test Scripts, and End of Test Reports.
- Effective coordination between development team and testing team.
- Creation, enhancing and execution of test scripts using selenium IDE and Selenium RC (Java).
- Executed of Selenium Test Cases and Reporting Defects.
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium.
- Responsible for assisting senior engineers in developing test estimation, scope and test plan for UAT.
- Perform the tasks of designing and developing test procedures to meet business requirements.
- Used the scheduler for composing and executing the jobs to simulate the production environment in QA.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team.
- Involved in Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, System testing, Usability Testing.
- Performed End to End testing to make sure that data is flowing properly from one application to another application.
- Executed all the test cases as per the priority. Reported defects with Severity and Priority against each defect.
- Participated in Defect Review Meetings, Walkthrough of testing procedures on daily basis.
- Performed Back End testing of the database by using SQL queries to make sure that the SQL Server database reflects the updates/change, to verify the database Integrity.
- Responsible for performing all phases of Quality Assurance software testing during development and prior to the application being launched and continuing during the product life cycle.
- Executed Regression test cases for each release to check the existing Functionality of the application. Provided continuous support and training to other team members.
- Managed requirements, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center.
- Status reports included total number of test cases planned, number of test cases executed, total number of defect raised, total number of defect closed, number of deferred defects, number of cancelled defects, risks, road blockers issues etc.
- Executed the Test Scripts and worked with development team for investigating the bugs.
- Performed compatibility testing to make sure that application is working fine on other external resources or interfaces such as OS, Mobile devices, Network, browser etc.
- Perform database testing by using SQL server to check the data integrity and data correctness.
Environment: Selenium, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Rational Manual Tester, Legacy System, XML, SoapUI, SQL, JUnit, Java, Bugzilla, Ant ALM, HP QC, Agile model, integration, UAT, SDLC, Black Box testing.