- More than 16 years of dedication to quality assurance and development of QA standards.
- Proven experience establishing a QA group and training and mentoring new hires.
- Expertise in proprietary and open source automation tools.
- Expertise in cross browser (browser compatibility) testing on desktop, tablets and mobile devices with Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience with employee reviews, feedback, promotions, etc.
- Experience working with PMs and business stakeholders to prioritize testing needs.
- Desktop browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari on Mac OS X) automation with Selenium WebDriver, WatiN and Telerik Testing Framework on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Mobile Safari automation with Appium on iOS Simulators as well as real/physical Apple iOS devices (iPhones and iPads).
- Android browsers (Chrome and native/built - in Browser) automation with Appium on Android Virtual Devices (AVD) and physical/real devices.
- Experience setting up Selenium Grid (test lab) with mix of various browsers, operating systems and devices using real/physical and virtual machines.
- Load testing with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate and LoadUI.
- API (SOAP and REST) testing with SoapUI.
- Network traffic capture and review with Fiddler.
Confidential, Chico, CA
- Based on Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture data, acquired most popular mobile devices for programmers and QA team to use and test with.
- Discontinued practice of using Chrome emulator to do mobile testing and implemented use of iOS simulators, Android Virtual Devices and some physical devices. Eliminated 1 extra step/phase in testing process. Outcome being reduction in testing time and better testing methodology and increased confidence in released software.
- Moved entire QA team to use MacBook Pros, so everyone in QA can use iOS Simulators and support/help each other with mobile testing efforts and to support mobile initiatives on a larger scale. Used VirtualBox with Windows VMs provided by Microsoft to support testing of Internet Explorer 11 and Edge browsers. This also allowed any testers to test any task in QA queue, whether it be desktop, tablet or mobile, resulting in flexible and adaptable QA team, resulting in a more agile QA team, while allowing QA team members to learn new set of skills and leading to job satisfaction.
- Implemented Easy Bug Submission initiative that allowed internal users to submit bugs very easily. This resulted in increased bug submissions from internal users in production environment.
- Implemented Canary/UAT/Release Certification concept and testing process.
- Created Software Quality Survey to get feedback from internal users and fix quality and perception issues.
- Data mined and examined/reviewed customer feedback to find problem areas of our site for customers.
- Tracked, examined and published bug submission trends and statistics. Focused QA efforts in high bug count area of software.
- Reduced, both, average wait time for QA and average test time in QA, by 50%.
- Worked with automation engineer to support diverse set of browsers in automation framework. Goal reached to 92% so far. With inclusion of Microsoft Edge on Windows 10, the supported percentage will be up to 96%.
- Learned to do expense reports for team building events…finally
Confidential, Chatsworth, CA
- Started as 1st and solo software tester.
- Built a QA team from scratch, comprising of manual testers and automation engineers.
- Trained automation engineers on programming logic and automation tools.
- Implemented and encouraged best coding and automation practices for automation engineers.
- Advocated breaking up large projects into smaller tasks, for better development, testing and deployment.
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Automated functional and regression testing using QuickTest Pro.
- Created custom VBScript procedures and functions for use with QuickTest Pro.
- Provided training on the automated testing process for new employees.
- Developed automated testing scripts and procedures for the web application.
Lead QA Analyst
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Performed regression and functional testing using QuickTest Pro.
- Created data driven tests and performance testing using WinRunner.
- Code reviewed WinRunner scripts written by other automation engineers.
- Trained and mentored testers and end users on testing methodologies and testing tools and other custom developed applications.
Basic Web Site Developer
Confidential, Calabasas, CA
- Administered existing online store as well as designed, built, and deployed new web pages.
- Performed maintenance and update work. Determined the look and feel for these pages.
- Scanned and prepared (modifying, cleaning up, ETC.) images for web using Adobe Photoshop.