- Software QA Analyst with 6+ years of experience in both Manual and Automated testing of client/server and web based applications in the mobile/IT Industry on iOS and Android OS.
- Proficient in SDLC and STLC Testing Methodologies. Specialize in various aspects of Software QA methodologies including creation and maintenance of Test Plan, Test Case through analysis and understanding of user requirements. Perform bug reporting and bug - tracking using test management tools such as Quality center, TFS, BUGZILLA, JIRA and Rally.
- Proficient in Automated testing using Appium, Selenium WebDriver, RC (server), TestNG and Maven.
- Good Experience using UNIX and SQL. Proficient in defining Testing Strategies by creating Test Plans and Test Cases with Technical Team (IT Lead) and Line of Business Team (LOB Lead) to determine the Test Schedule and Test Environments.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC), STLC, Bug Life Cycle and software development methodologies, including Waterfall, Iterative Methodologies like AGILE.
- Followed Agile methodology and involved in scrum/sprint meetings with the team members.
- Reviewed Business Requirements Document and Design Specifications in detail.
- Experienced in creation of Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Bug/Defect Tracking, Test execution, logging the defects to the Test Matrix and Involved in each stages of test documentation.
- Skilled in creating test data including the Precondition Data, Test Input Data, and Regression Data for both positive and negative test cases.
- Understand Mobile Device Testing with iOS, Android and webOS
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Good experience with Defect or Bug Tracking tool like Jira.
- Performed Web based and Client / Server Black, Grey, and White box testing.
- Experienced in testing types such as System testing, Integration testing, Functional testing, Sanity testing/Smoke testing, Regression testing, System compatibility testing and Ad-hoc testing on web applications.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Experience testing SOA with RESTful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and SOAPUI.
- Used TFS (Team Foundation Server) for collaborating software development product
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills resulting in long lasting relationships with team members, stakeholders and end-users.
- Strong work ethic, taking ownership of all duties and responsibilities.
- Highly motivated team player with good Interpersonal skills and Goal oriented professional with superior analytical, communication, presentation & Leadership skills.
Automation tools: Appium, Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, RC, Grid and WebDriver), QTP, Junit, TestNG, SoapUI, JMeter.
Defect Tracking tools: JIRA,HP Quality Center, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Bugzilla
Development Environment: Eclipse IDE, Spring Tool Suite
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, TDD
Misc Tools: MS Office, EXCEL, ANT, Maven and SVN
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Travis
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MangoDB
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, LINUX
Software Quality Engineer - Automation
- Documenting Test Plan, Created Test Scenarios and Test Cases for assigned modules from systemspecification documents,
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG
- Planned and performed all testing activities mostly functional, data validation testing, front end back end testing and regression testing,
- Manually testing various functionalities like search with type ahead feature based on tags, partial matching,etc.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation acceptance test suite using Selenium, Ruby and Cucumber framework.
- Creating automated test scripts to check the functionality of applications using Selenium WebDriver
- Created test data and Executed TestNG data driven Test Cases using Eclipse IDE with Maven Commands.
- Using Apache POI jar files to read and write Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and used checkpoints andAssertions.
- Involved in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tools such as JBehave and Cucumber for writing web-based automated acceptance testing.
- Using Firebug and Firepath to find the Xpathsalso used by ID, by class name, by CSS selector, by nameto locate web elements during Selenium scripting,
- Automate cross browser tests on Firefox, Internet Explorer, Android and iOS using InternetExplorerDriver, FirefoxDriver,using SauceLabs
- Highly involved in REST and SOAP web services implementation and testing using various tools includingSOAPUI and web based add-ons. Used groovy scripting with JDBC drivers to connect and import fromDatabase
- Used different build and Configuration tools like oneOps, Teamcity, Jenkins etc
- Automated regression tests using Jenkin. Performing data driven tests with JXL jars to use excel files as data sources, XML to exchange information, and used assertions to verify the test cases results,
- Managed performance testing using JMeter and load generators, schedules and agents in LOADUI to run SOAPUI testCases.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Developed and executed SQL queries to verify the proper insertion, deletion and updates into the Oracle supporting tables and cubes.
- Used Maven for continuous build integration,Was responsible for entering, tracking bugs in Rally and working closely with QAs and developers for Change Request tracking and reports compilation,
- Performed content validation of supporting documents stored in the repository and made sure new features were implemented as define in the system specification and statement of work documents.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Mobile Automation Engineer
- UsedAppium and successfully automate the XFINITY Application in Confidential on both iOS & Android.
- Extensively worked on Agile/ Agile Scrum methodology throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Lead and Coordinated the Test Planning, Test Strategy and Test Execution Effort for Automation, Functional, Integration, System, Regression and End-to-End Workflow testing with the Business and Technical team.
- Extensively involved in identifying test cases to automate. Automate those test cases using Appium with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Developed BDD Automation Framework using Cucumber and JBehave developed Feature files which include Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Responsible creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android.
- Used Selenium WebDriver, Appium to perform Mobile App testing and Wrote the Test Cases for Mobile Testing.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Managed coordinated with all stakeholders as required agreeing on testing scope, strategy and resources to be employed for the project.
- Documented, Managed and Communicated any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and test plan to the clients/users and all vendor partners.
- Worked with the team of 3 onsite people and scheduled daily review meetings with Team members and clarified testing issues.
- Participated in Scrum meetings with developers, Analyst, product manager to discuss about the Planning, Prioritization of the Iterations, Testability of the product and Sprint Backlog, schedules and estimations.
- Experience in solutions architecture and architectural Quality Assurance / Testing frameworks and Web Service/Integration tier testing.
Environment: Appium, JAVA, Selenium WebDriver,BDD, Cucumber,Ruby, iOS OS, XCODE, Android OS, Android Studio, Eclipse, Python, JIRA, UNIX, J2EE, HTML, XML, Quality Center, Oracle,JCL,TESTNG, Maven/POM, ANT, Node Js, DDMS(PDanet Software), Jenkins, GitHub, SQL Server, agile, TDD, SVN.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and Junit framework
- Created and executed test cases for testing the application on Android and iOS.
- Execution of automated tests on iOS and Android mobiles using Appium.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Wrote Automation code for Mobile Smoke testing in Java using Appium
- Performed automation testing using Selenium and Appium for regression testing
- Designed and Developed UFT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Executed Test Cases recorded in Jira manually to test the application for its functionality, system integration and verify the Exit Criteria.
Environment: s:Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Xcode, SOAP UI, JMeter, Ant, Junit, Quality Center, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, agile, GIT, SQL, Android, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, New York, NY
QA Automation Engineer
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Developers in requirement analysis, design document analysis and for bug reviews in agile environment.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites and Involved in developing Selenium automation framework using TestNG.
- Configured and Installed Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build cycles.
- Responsible for maintaining Selenium WebDriver Scripts for regression and functional testing using TestNG Framework.
- Implemented the script deployment in TestNG framework through command line and also integrated tests in Jenkins (Continuous Integration tool).
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber.
- Developed Frameworks most of them Hybrid Frameworks using data driven framework and Keyword driven Framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment. Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concept and Java Language.
- Responsible for Setting up Web Services project using WSDL in SOAPUI and provided setup help to other team members.
- Used Property Transfer test step when needed in SOAP UI and Validated SOAP response using SOAPUI assertions.
- Involved in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium. Executed test scripts, analyzed test results, and report identified problems/bugs using Quality Center.
- Follow up on defects, closely interacted with development team to resolve bug fixes, and retested bugs with new builds.
- Coded scripts for testing the Test cases and made enhancements for modified scripts in TFS.
- Writing and Executing the SQL queries and analyzing stored procedures as part of the backend testing.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, SOAPUI, MVC, Quality Center, TFS, XML, SQL, Windows.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyzed code to perform white box testing.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stakeholders during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents.
- Reviewed project specs and worked closely with BA and Development for creating Test Cases.
- Executed scripts from Test Lab and Test Cases in Quality Center (QC), verified testing results against expected results and tracked defects
- Reviewed and updated Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) that satisfy all required project’s test conditions.
- Linked requirements to tests and defects as well as analyzed and tested defects in Quality Center (QC).
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Mobile Testing, Quality Center, JAVA, XML, HTML, PeopleSoft HRMS, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL, Android, UNIX and Windows.