- Seven (7) Years of Experience in IT with Quality Assurance and Software Testing Specialized in Web based and Client server application on both Windows and UNIX platform, seeking for a Software Test Engineer/QA Analyst position to utilize diversified skills in manual and automation testing.
- Experience in Software Testing, Quality Assurance, and development of various business applications in Web based Client/Server environments and well versed in all stages of testing aimed at providing complete business solutions.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its methodology such as Waterfall, Iterative and Agile Scrum and STLC, QA and QC.
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirements and Specifications and assess Design documents.
- Exceptional Documentation, Evaluation and Reporting Skills.
- Strong experienced in writing test documentation: Test plans, Test strategy, Test cases, Test scripts, Functional Test Cases, Requirement Analysis Report, Test Analysis Report, Level of Effort and RTM.
- Experienced on creating Testing Progress Report to evaluate Testing Status.
- Ensure the Quality Assurance maintained and progress through within agreed upon standard.
- Ensure the correctness of the documentations and review Requirement documents, Design documents, Test Plan, Test Cases, Execution of Test Cases with BA, PM, Developers and QA team and verify the user requirements are met.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration, System, Performance, Security, Scalability, Ad - hoc, Black Box, GUI, Backend/ Database testing, End to End testing, Compatibility testing, and UAT Testing.
- Experience on creating Low Level Test Cases, High level Test Cases and User Manual to help performing UAT.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center for develop Test cases, Test Execution, Defect tracking and Test Evaluation.
- Extensive knowledge of Complete Defect Life Cycle.
- Experienced in using the Defect module in Clear Quest, QC and JIRA to log defect and submit defect and report defect.
- Using simple and complex SQL Queries with number and string manipulating functions.
- Expert in software Test Automation, test tools like Quick Test Pro and Quality Center.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with exceptional analytical, critical thinking skills and strong team work orientation.
Testing Tools: Test Director/Quality Center 10.0ALM, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner, Doors, Star Team, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Rational Test Manager, IBM Rational Jazz.
Operating System: UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, AIX) and Windows XP/2000/NT
Database: MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server 2000
Languages: SQL, HTML, XML.Verilog HDL, ModelSim, C/C++, Visual Basic.
Softwares: Xilinx ISE, Agilent Logic Analyzer, AutoCAD, PCAD, MikroC PRO, MATLAB, Docklite, Proteus, Circuit Maker, AutoCADPackages: MS Office, Lotus Notes, JIRA, SharePoint PCAD, Office 2003/2007/2010/2013.
Methodologies: Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Iterative, Agile.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Software Test Engineer
- Testing the application in Agile, Scrum and sprint development and process.
- Performed manual testing to ensure code base is working at its peak performance.
- Tested systems to ensure proper functions and prepare for implementation.
- Reported and documented defects and escalate to the appropriate developer.
- Kept records of any defects and progress on defect resolution.
- Supported testing of all enterprise wide applications (.Net, Java, Web, etc)
- Trained with senior staff on the fundamentals and complexities of software QA testing and associated tools & technologies.
- Participated in all SDLC phases of the IT Project Delivery Process for each assigned project.
- Developed deep application content knowledge in system functionality and system operational processes/procedures.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements (Including manual and automated testing environments).
- Developed and executed test scripts utilizing ALM.
- Tracked testing risks and develop mitigation action plans.
- Assisted QA Leads in planning/developing a test plan which includes regression testing.
- Conditioned and/or acquired test data to create required test scenarios.
- Coordinated the execution of test scripts with QA Leads, Project Managers, Development Managers, and internal testers.
- Assisted Application Developers and technical support staff in identifying and resolving defects.
- Provided the resolution and communication of application defects.
- Assessed and revised test sequence and scope based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
- Ensured QA methodologies are followed and are compliant with BOA's standards.
- Confirmed all project documentation is up to date and is compliant with BOA standards.
- Initiated the lead in assisting team associates when resource constraints existed, which curtailed the department's obligation to hire new employees.
- Managed offshore associates by identifying project requirements and reviewing previous testing status, while also providing necessary training to complete testing deadlines.
- Attended planning/grooming sessions with our Agile team along with the Product Owner and BA to avoid gap analysis before the design begins.
- Arranged all necessary access for QAs that were requested and documented when a new project was being slotted.
- Recognized for producing scripts in ALM as a checklist for internal audits.
- Performed Business Requirements Documents analysis and the Technical Specification.
- Analyzed functional module from Epics and Stories, Attended periodic meeting for changes in the application and documents, implemented procedures for test changes.
- Involve in generating Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog using Epic and Stories.
- Attended Sprint planning meeting, Daily Sprint meeting, and Sprint review meeting in agile environment.
- Interpreted system specifications into a system Test Plan as well as for Test Cases.
- Responsible for design, development, maintenance, testing and quality and performance assurance of system software products.
- Managed the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) between requirements and test cases.
- Creating Requirement Analysis report, Design Assessment report, Gap Analysis report and attend on Requirement Review meeting.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional testing, System Integration testing, Regression testing, System Acceptance testing, Black box testing, UAT testing, GUI testing and Backend/Database testing at various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Created Low level test Cases and User Manual to help performing UAT.
- Stored Requirements in Requirement module, Developed Test Cases in Test Plan module, Performed Requirement Coverage, Create test set Test Lab module, Execute and Run test under Test Lab, Log defect and submit defect in Defect Module by using Quality Center.
- Enhanced the scripts by Reusable Actions, Checkpoints, Synchronization points, parameterization and modular test in QTP.
- Performed Data Validation and Data Integration for Back End Testing using SQL Queries manually.
- Interacted with developers & Business Analysts to resolve application defects.
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
Confidential - McLean, VA
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed various Documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plan.
- Worked with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the life cycle of the project.
- Developed detailed Test cases, Entrance and Exit criteria for the application being tested and ensured that standards for documentation were followed.
- Involved in Automation Scripts development, debugging, reviews, batch scripts execution, analyzing results and reporting defects.
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix and Test Matrix.
- Ensured that System integration test results are documented and reviewed with business analyst.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, User Acceptance testing.
- Involved in writing Test Plan, Test Scenarios and Test Scripts as per functional, Business requirements using Quality Center.
- Tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Managed the testing process using Quality Center to manage the requirements and test cases.
- Used Quality Center for defect reporting and tracking and prioritizing defects.
- Worked with SQL Queries to query the database to test the back end process of the application.
- Developed VB scripts in Quick Test Pro (QTP) to perform end to end testing.
- Developed Test scripts using QTP to perform functional and regression testing.
- Developed Descriptive Programming and Maintained Local and Shared Object Repository in QTP.
- Developed Data Driven Automation Framework in QTP.
- Developed Functional, Navigational, and User Acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Generated Weekly Status Reports to the team manager.
- Participated in weekly status meeting.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, VBScript, Java, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Web Services, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Analyzed the Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Functional specs, Design Specs and User Requirements Specification (URS).
- Performed integration testing, regression testing, and performance testing. Delivered, within short time frames under tight deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Involved in developing Integration Test Plans, System Test Plans and Performance Test Plans for the applications.
- Test plans, scripts and test cases were designed in accordance with business functional requirements and technical designs as defined via an AGILE method (story boards, modeling, and team design sessions).
- Participated in preparing a smoke test plan for the application under test, which included the basic test cases, to ensure that the application is stable enough in the QA environment to start functional testing.
- Identified the Test Cases to be automated and generated the automated scripts using QTP.
- Performed data driven testing and Regression testing using QTP. Eliminated redundant pop up messages to cut down script run times using recovery scenarios in QTP.
- Used extensive SQL queries from the front end using database checkpoints in QTP to perform backend database testing.
- Used Quality Center for test management and defect reports.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings to present status of testing. Interacted with the developers for bug fixes and problem resolution.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed using Quality Center.
- Configuration management and version control was done using Star Team.
- Used SQL and PL/SQL queries to verify the data from the backend Oracle database basis.
Environment: JAVA, HTML, DHTML, XML, Java Servlet, Web Logic, web sphere, Oracle, SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL, HP QTP, Quality Center, UNIX and Windows XP