- Multifaceted, efficient and reliable Software Quality Assurance Engineer having several years of experience in enterprise environment; familiar with latest technologies and programming concepts as well.
- Diversified skill set covers exceptional analytical skills, knowledge of various applications, proficient in hardware and software technologies and ready to take on new challenges.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Mobile and Web QA Engineer
- Leading the quality efforts from the beginning till launch of this corporate communication system designed for the mobile platforms.
- Designed and implemented automation UI / Instrumentation tests for both platforms using Appium, XCUITest and Espresso from framework development to maintenance of existing test infrastructure.
- Designed test plan, test suite and test runs for the Confidential Messenger native apps for both Android and iOS platforms for manual test runs.
- Feature testing during development and certified the releases with rigorous testing before publishing to the stores.
- Conducted release go/no - go meetings with EM and PM prior to releases to bring forth the current state of application to help make the release decision easier.
- Monitored health checks on builds over continuous integration system and crash reporting on Crashlytics for issues faced by users of the released product and followed up with bug reporting on JIRA
- Contributed in design meetings, sprint planning and sprint retrospects.
- Coordinated and participated actively in the sales of the product to the SMB customers
- Provided guidance and support to other QA's on the team and within company. Helped the team recruit a new QA and oversaw the training and guidance for the new hire.
- Completed the PCI compliance training course for better awareness of security flaws within the code.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Lead QA Engineer
- Worked as lead QA for the Data and Application QA teams providing the services to this FinTech organization.
- Planning and managing Sprints, Release meetings, Sprint statuses and testing activity around features
- Performed manual, automated, load and performance tests
- Reported bugs and followed on JIRA to successful close
- Maintaining SOC compliance for infrastructure and code
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
Software Quality Engineer
- Worked with the build/release management teams to validate the system setup and configurations at pre-deployment stage.
- Testing web services using the SOAPUI and GOOGLE Advanced Rest Client.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Specifications working with the Development teams and Business Analysts to analyze the test scenarios and ensure that test requirements are correct and complete.
- Automated test cases utilizing the Magellan framework for end to end integration test for desktop and devices.
- Planning and managing all phases of the quality assurance process for the Item Page / UGC team such as sprint planning, story point estimation, risk analysis.
- Creating use cases from stories, test cases, test suites and test runs for each sprint.
- Analyzing requirement documents, wireframes and design comps outlining layout for new features.
- Testing the responsive web design on various devices and OS's such as iOS and Android.
- Provided product support for the biggest annual events of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales from UGC team. This included round the clock 24/7 support that included real time monitoring of the Kibana servers during peak loads.
- Initiated and saw through the entire bug life cycle.
- Provided documentation for new features or implementations in the form of confluence wiki by Altassian.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Systems QA Engineer
- Extensive experience in reviewing and analyzing complex Business Requirements and writing detailed Test Plans, Test Cases, and Expectations derived from these requirements.
- In Depth knowledge in the software domain of Payroll and HR, Employee benefits, Regulatory Agencies, Retail industries and Call centers.
- Fluency in creating POC, Automation test plan, Creating test scripts and Review Checklists.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant deliverables to stake holders during ongoing projects.
- Created, executed and maintained test plans expanding to teams across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Knowledgeable in performing Load and Performance Testing using Load Runner, JMeter on the AUT.
- Automating test cases using Selenium Web Driver with Java.
- Maintaining an open knowledge sharing platform across teams using Atlassian Confluence.
- Creating, managing and deploying the AUT on various stacks for stack certification for myself and other teams and members. Utilizing platforms such as; JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Oracle and Db2. Effectively introduced cross browser testing to this mix.
Confidential, Pflugerville, TX
Quality Assurance Tester
- Requirements review and design discussions. Preparation of use cases and test cases and test data. Automation development utilizing Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Junit and Selenium GRID. Updating and maintaining of existing selenium scripts.
Environment: Selenium Web driver /RC/ IDE, JUnit, Quality Center, Java, Win XP, Firefox/IE.
Confidential, Keller, TX
Quality Assurance Tester
- Performed data-driven testing by developing data-driven tests to validate
- Created and maintained automated tests using Selenium with java.
- Developed a comprehensive Automation Regression Suite that is executed at the end of each sprint.
- Perform responsibilities of building testing environment and testing scripts by referring the technical specifications.
- Handle the tasks of preparing test cases and test scripts of various modules.
- Involved in Tool Evaluation Process.
- Used Excel to create data driven and keyword driven scripts.
- Experience in developing business based Functional Test Scenarios.
- Writing automation scripts using Eclipse for the functional test teams.
Confidential, Daly City, CA
IT Compliance Tester/Auditor
- Performed QA regulatory and contract testing on corporate payroll systems from KRONOS, SAP to proprietary applications.
- Performed Ad-hoc/Exploratory testing on various applications.
- Actively participated in writing Test Plan and Test cases.
- Participated in peer reviews of all the documents and Test Cases.
- Scheduled and conducted compliance field tests on corporate IS to assure adherence to contracts.
- Designed simple to complex test cases, scenarios and suites with complete matrix for processes.
- Conducted pre audit meetings as a Business Analyst with new clients on business requirements.
Network Engineer/Web Developer
- Worked under direct supervision of the IT Manager in maintaining a network of client computers running Multiple OS's. Maintained network devices like printers, hubs, routers and switches. Provided desktop and printer support to users.