- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance, manual and automation testing of ETL and Data Warehousing applications.
- Experienced with all aspects of software life cycle development cycles including planning, estimating effort for testing and requirements gathering
- Expert in writing complex SQL queries for all databases including Oracle and SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in executing master test plans, test scenarios and QA methodology, Quality standards, Procedures, Test strategy, Test execution, Traceability matrix based on business requirements
- Expertise in tools using win runner, load runner, Test Director, Quality Center, QTP, team track and rational tools.
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and developing TEST PLAN.
- Expertise in functional, system, regression, user acceptance (UAT), integration and stress/load testing.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Experience in testing Business Report developed in Business Objects XIR2
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to perform data driven tests and involved in front - end and back-end testing. Strong knowledge of RDBMS concepts. Developed SQL queries in Oracle databases to conduct DB testing.
- Experience in testing Data Marts, Data Warehouse/ETL Applications developed in Informatica, and Ab Initio using Oracle, SQL Server and UNIX.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Ab Initio & Informatica
- Very strong in writing UNIX shell scripts and configuring Cron jobs for ETL processes scheduling
- Expertise in using TOAD, SQL developer and Developing PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures/Functions, triggers and SQL*Loader.
- Ability to quickly adapt to different project environments, work in teams and accomplish difficult tasks independently within timeframe.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced working with Customer Information Data Mart for business reporting thru MDM and Reference Data
- Strong Data Querying/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripting skills. Possess excellent skills in Manual Testing and automated testing.
- Writing and Executing Test cases & defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Extensively involved in smoke testing, user acceptance testing, functional testing, integration testing, database testing and regression testing.
- Experience working with different automation tools like QTP, Selenium, Java and Load Runner.
- Experience in processing and validating data in flat files as well as in DB tables.
- Compatible to work in Agile environment. Excellent concept of ETL, Data warehousing and BI applications integration.
- Proficient in SQL, PERL, Shell Scripting and PL/SQL coding and experience in Performance Tuning of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experienced in DW projects ETL testing against DW testing with Informatica, Ab Initio and data stage tools.
- Experience with Agile/ Scrum Methodology.
- Good Knowledge on Business intelligence, OLAP, Dimensional modeling, Star and Snowflake schema, extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) process
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Robot Manager, Quick Test Professional (QTP), HP Quality Center/ALM, Jira, Bugzilla
Reporting Tools: Business Objects6.5, XIR2, Cognos 8.0 Suite
Programming: UNIX Shell Scripting, Korn Shell, C Shell, Bourne Shell, Bash, SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, TOAD, C++, PERL Scripting, VB, Java
Environment: UNIX, MVS, HP-UX, IBM AIX 4.2/4.3, Novell NetWare, Win NT 4.0
Scripting Languages: XML, HTML, Visual basics, Shell, Kron, UNIX, LINUX
ETL Tools: Informatica, DVO, IDQ, Ab Initio (GDE), SSIS, Data Stage, Maiframe
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access, Teradata, Hadoop, MDM, MongoDB, Casandra, Talend
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. QA Tester
- Worked with Business Analyst and QA Lead in reviewing and analyzing the business requirements Documents and functional requirements.
- Tuned ETL jobs in QA environment for better performance by creating Lookup files for
- Transformation of the data and lookups.
- Tested all HIPAA transactions for multi version support (4010 and 5010) and validating the database to file elements.
- Design and analysis the data warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Worked in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with UI Interface (front end), Services Interface (Middle Tier) and Database Interface (backend).
- Analyzed test results, identified issues and reported it to the developers and project manager through Jira.
- Developed clear user manual and training guides for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) deployment for end - clients with step-by-step instructions and created appropriate GUI screenshots.
- Build a customer data centric data warehouse to analyze transactions across finance, marketing, risk collections and consumer relations for the credit card division.
- Clean customer data warehouse successfully implemented on Oracle target, the data warehouse is growing in its analytical richness.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business.
- Maintaining knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations pertaining to the Facets configuration and evaluating the impact of proposed changes in rules and regulations.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module.
- Performed Black Box testing including Smoke, Functional and Regression testing.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Tested user interface and navigation controls of the application using QTP.
- Executed test cases found errors reported defects, determined repair priorities, did regression testing and closed by using Mercury Quality Center.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and UNIX Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database.
- Worked with BA Lead, Development Lead, QA Manger and Release Manger on Daily basis, and provide weekly status reports of QA team to Product Manager.
Environment: Oracle, HIPPA, Linux, Rest, EDI 5010, XML, QTP, SOA, Data warehouse, Mercury Quality Center, Jira, SQL, Unix, Black Box testing, UTA, GUI.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. QA Tester
- Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with good working knowledge of testing methodologies, disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling
- Experience in creation and execution of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases using both Manual and Automated testing techniques.
- Expertise in QA Testing in distributed Unix/Windows Environment and Oracle databases as back end, Performed end - to-end testing.
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Good in writing SQL scripts for data warehouse validation tests.
- Extensively strong on databases including Oracle 11g/10g, Teradata and MS SQL Server
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills having worked on VB, SQL, PL/SQL
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Written several PL/SQL stored procedures. Tested the output of Stored Procedures vs. ETL output.
- Observed the Extract, Transform, Load process with Ab Initio and tested the data load process using the Ab Initio ETL tool
- Experienced in data modeling including data validation/scrubbing, data masking, data archiving and operational assumptions Interacted with Users to understand the bugs in Business Reports generated from OBIEE
- Worked as a Mental Health Counselor offering family and individual therapy to support individuals and families in crisis in a multicultural context
- Provided analysis and verification of functionality for the State of Georgia Health care Data Warehouse utilizing software Development Life Cycle approach
- As part of Data Masking performed the Reverse engineering on the Data Model to identifying the Schemas based on requirements
- Tested the reports like Drilldown, Drill Up and Pivot reports generated from OBIEE.
- Good experience in data sources, data profiling, data validation, developing low level design patterns based on the business and functional requirements.
- Good understanding of Software development and technical Networking systems.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Environment: HIPPA, OBIEE, EDI, Agile, Web service testing, Oracle, PeopleSoft, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Transact-SQL, XML Files, Java, Selenium, SDLC, VSAM Files, Ab Intio, UNIX, TOAD, Ms PowerPoint, WinSQL, Teradata.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Develop test plans based on test strategy. Created and executed test cases based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL Mapping document.
- Involved in understanding the ETL mapping document and Source to Target mappings.
- Prepared the test plans and test cases for different functionalities involved in the application.
- Performed the Smoke, Functional testing, Ad Hoc testing and Regression testing of the application.
- Involved in Testing Cubes for Data warehouse
- Involved in testing Web services with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, created Test cases and executed them.
- Performed Regression Testing of the affected test cases to confirm that the defect has been resolved when defect corrections are delivered in a build.
- Tested different detail, summary reports and on demand reports.
- Coordination of Confidential / Confidential for new diagnosed diseases
- Written several PL/SQL stored procedures. Tested the output of Stored Procedures vs. ETL output.
- Involved in backend testing for the front end of the application using SQL Queries in SQL Server data base.
- Handling the daily status meetings with QA team and business people in prioritizing the defects as per the business need.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front - end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security.
- Conducted mental health assessments, biopsychosocial assessments, made diagnostic impressions, and developed treatment plans for children and adolescents
- Provided assistance in educating family about mental health issues
- Solid testing experience in working with SQL Stored Procedures, triggers, views and worked with performance tuning of complex SQL queries.
- Tested reports developed by Business Objects Universes for both Adhoc & Canned Reporting users of Business Objects XI R2
- Optimizing/Tuning several complex SQL queries for better performance and efficiency.
- Created various PL/SQL stored procedures for dropping and recreating indexes on target tables.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- Tested UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process, automate the process of loading, pulling the data.
Environment: Facets, HIPPA, SQL Server, Ab Initio, Business Objects XIR2, Flat Files, SQL *Loader, Quality Center 9.0, Oracle, TOAD, Shell Scripting, PERL, TOAD, WinSQL SDLC, SQL Plus, XSD, XML.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in Scrum meetings, Story boarding, daily stand up meetings. Worked as part of Scrum team to test, automate and maintain the automation frameworks.
- Designed structured User Interface (UI) automated Test cases using Selenium WebDriver in Java for web base software products used to perform software testing.
- Based on page library, developed Selenium test cases in JAVA using TestNG framework
- Wrote Data driven, Cross Browser automation test cases using TestNG framework.
- Created Test Automation Framework using TestNG, Java, WebDriver, Apache Commons, Log4J, JExcel API, Selenium Grid, Jackson API to test web applications and REST API's,
- Used Page Object Pattern, UI Mapping, Data Driven, Base Classes, Dynamic Configuration, Dependency Injection, and Singleton to make the framework.
- Created own wrappers for Configuration, WebDriver, WebElementr to make code reusable for future.
- Created logging and reporting mechanism using TestNG and Log4J.
- Used CSS Selectors including CSS3 Selectors and used Dynamic locator file - UI Mapper.
- Write and execute automated functional test cases using SOAPUI Pro to test Web service API using both REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Wrote Groovy scripts in SOAPUI, Shell script and batch file to automate the testing.
- Used Firebug to select CSS selectors and XPath to identify UI elements.
- Created framework to execute test cases using CI - Jenkin Jobs using Maven, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Performed Stress and Load testing using JMeter - used Thread Groups, Samplers, Plans and Proxy recording with listeners to calculate the average response time.
- Experience in using automation tools such as Appium and Selenium Web Driver
- Created own wrappers for Configuration, WebDriver, WebElement to make code reusable for future.
- Worked on GIT Repository and developed maven build java test scripts, and executed them in Jenkins build Production Environment
- Used Rally for Scrum Management, Task Management, Test Cases and Bugs.
- Expertise in Back End Testing and use of UNIX Utilities like awk, grep, sed, vi, network, process, file level, directory level, etc.), automation with Shell Scripting in data file validation testing. (Unix Log File Testing, Process validation, running process in background, etc.)
- Utilized UNIX commands to test the requirements given and to write UNIX scripts.
- Integrated automated tests into the continuous integration environment (Jenkins).
- Experience in debugging the issues by analyzing the SQL queries.
- Used Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GIT and Maven as well as in testing.