- Over 6 years of solid QA experience in development, maintenance, implementation of total Quality Assurance methodologies and process.
- Analyzed the requirements and developed testing scenarios, test cases, executed procedures and reported results.
- Experience in all phases of software testing life cycle (STLC), including evaluating requirements, test planning, test case design / development, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Exposure to various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Agile.
- Proficient in repetitive Manual, Automation Testing, Performance Testing and Performed end to end ETL testing by validating source and target data.
- Solid Experience in Ready API full stack (SoapUI Pro, ServiceV PRO, LoadUI Pro, TestServer)
- Experience in automation testing using QTP and Selenium and writing Java Scripts in QTP and Java/C# in Selenium.
- Involved in Regression Testing and Integration testing to testing mobile - based application.
- Designed Hybrid Appium Test automation framework, Page Object Model for mobile application (Android/iOS apps).
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL for backend testing of Oracle and MS SQL Server and mainframe DB2 databases.
- Proficient in working with testing tools and carrying out Functionality testing, Graphical User Interface testing, System testing, Integration testing, White Box testing, Black Box testing, Smoke testing, User Acceptance testing and Regression testing of client/server, Web based Applications and Web Portal Applications.
- Created Automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven framework to test Web Application.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Selenium Grid, JAVA, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins.
- Strong Automation testing experience using Selenium WebDriver, JMeter and LoadRunner.
- Design, develop and implemented Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Automation testing framework utilizing Java, Cucumber by using Gherkin language to write features and scenarios.
- Solid experience in implementing automation test scripts, record scripts using QTP and UFT.
- Experience in testing of Data Warehousing Data Conversion and ETL (Extract. Transform and Load), Backend testing in Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2 Mainframe Web and Desktop applications.
- Maintained detailed and comprehensive records on testing activities identified bugs and suggested fixes, created weekly bug reports for development team.
- Experience in various test management and Defect tracking tools like HP ALM, Bugzilla.
- Solid Experience with the Atlassian Tool Stack like JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye, Crucible.
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings, SSIS packages and SSRS reports and other ETL Processes Data Warehouse Testing.
- Interaction with development teams for smooth problem resolution and error free rollouts.
- Good Communication skills, Documentation Skills, Team problem solving ability, analytical and quality conscious.
- Coordinated with the clients to communicate the process test strategies and system enhancements.
- Strong analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. can quickly master and work on new concepts and applications with minimal supervision.
Development Methodology: Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, SDLC, STLC
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Appium
Testing Tools: Jmeter, LoadRunner Vugen, BlazeMeter, TestNG, JUnit, HP UFT, LoadUI, HP ALM
Unit Testing framework: JUnit, TestNG
Frameworks: Hybrid, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, BDD/ATDD, Page Object Model (POM)
Build /Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Bamboo
Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, HP Quality Centre, Bugzilla
Web Service Tools: Soap UI, Ready API, Rest Client
Programming Languages: Java, XML, HTML 5, C
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle
Development Environment: Eclipse, JDBC
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, TFS
Web Debugging Tools: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug
Protocols: HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 8, 10), Linux, Unix, Mac
Test Automation Engineer
Confidential, NORFOLK, VA
- Developed automated tests using Java (Selenium WebDriver) in partnership with developers for continuous regression testing.
- Created automation framework using Hybrid Framework - Data Driven and Keyword Driven Framework to test web application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Test-NG and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using Test-NG prior to next quarter release.
- Used Cucumber by creating the Feature and Step Definition files to execute test scripts.
- Identified the Correct Web-Elements using various element locators in Selenium like ID, Name, Link, Partial Link Text, Xpath, CSS, DOM in creating automation Scripts.
- Implemented Parameterization using XML and Data Providers for Data Driven Framework using Java, POI and TestNG.
- Used Xpath to identify the dynamic Web Elements on the application Web pages.
- Experienced in developing BDD and TDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for Gherkin based features.
- Validated the connection and data between various modules using the RESTful Web service in SOAPUI.
- Involved in creating and maintaining of the projects using HP Performance Center 11.52, Jmeter.
- Created and performed webservices testing scenarios using SOAP UI Pro 4.01.
- Executed Load Runner/Jmeter scenarios based on complex business scenarios with different monitors for Stress testing, Scalability testing, Failover testing, and Load testing.
- Performed deployments to the performance server based upon performance needs using Jenkins.
- Jenkins was used for building and deploying for every release into the performance environment.
- Involved in the evaluation of Functional Performance testing tools and contributed to the evaluation report.
- Responsible for giving feedback to the development team with possible improvements and discovered performance issues/bottlenecks.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Used Maven build tool to implement the framework dependency jar files.
- Widely Used JIRA tool for defect reporting and tracking, and generated documents and reports for further analysis
- Participated in all testing activities to meet overall software release goals Test Planning, Test Case design, Test Execution, Test Reporting, Defect Tracking, Error Handling, Test Environment evolution and maintenance, etc.
- Performed mouse movements using Selenium Actions API. Implemented web element locators using Selenium API - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver 2.0, Eclipse, Cucumber, Java, JIRA, SOAPUI Pro, HP Quality Center, LoadRunner, Jmeter, BlazeMeter, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, ALM 11.0, TDD, BDD, GIT, Agile, HTML, XML, XPath, Firebug, SQL Server, PLSQL, Oracle, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, UNIX, Windows.
Test Automation Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked in Agile - Scrum environment, Understanding the Features and writing User Stories
- Attended Daily standup meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, Test Strategy meetings, Retrospective meetings, Refinement Backlog meetings, Defect review meetings interacting with Product and Business Analysts
- Developed and Executed Automation Test Cases as per Requirements using Selenium Web Driver using java.
- Refactoring and migrating already existing automation test cases to new framework using Hybrid framework, Page Object Model Pattern, Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG in IntelliJ IDE.
- Performed smoke testing, functional testing, regression testing, and Browser Compatibility testing supporting Sprint deliverables.
- Handled Capacity Planning activity for AWS migration from current production servers to AWS web, DB and SOLR servers.
- Configured new APM monitoring tools like Dynatrace, New relic in Preproduction & Production environment for AWS
- Implementing CICD pipeline activities for the web applications and web services in Cox AUTO
- Creating Environments in AWS for performance/automation/manual testing activities
- Implemented web & web services scripts using Load Runner
- Developed performance tests scripts using JMeter with Selenium-WebDriver plugins
- Used Selenium IDE to generate automated test scripts for functionality for lower environments & CICD
- Handled advance level scripting challenges in Load Runner & JMeter
- Deploying build/configurations to web/Solr servers through Jenkins and Github
- Part of the decision-making process for finalizing Performance & APM monitoring tools for AWS
- Conducted hands-on sessions to development/performance teams for Load Runner, JMeter & Splunk
- Integrate test project with build tool Maven to define project structure, configuring dependencies using pom.xml for building and testing code.
- Used Logger using Log4J to control logging behavior while executing Selenium test scripts.
- Used Python to launch QTP scripts from command line for continuous integration testing
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration and to run jobs on multiple machines and GitHub for source code management.
- Reviewing the Test Reports on daily basis using TestNG, Test Results Analyzer and continuously maintaining the Jenkins master regression test suite which includes excluding the test cases failing, fixing the broken tests, and raising high priority defects in QC found in automation.
- Performed WebServices (SOAP and REST) and API testing using SOAP UI for the local WSDL/with URL, created test cases and execute them.
- Tested the REST calls (POST, GET, PUT, DELETE methods) using SOAPUI Tool.
- Defect Tracking and Reporting, logged defects using HP ALM tool.
- Involved in querying using SQL and Apache Solr for data and validating as expected.
- Work Collaboratively with Offshore Team and multiple teams at Onsite
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using HP ALM.
- Worked on AWS, Selenium Grid, Browser stack for testing and running automation test cases.
Environment: Java, HP ALM, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, AWS, IntelliJ IDE, Sonar Lint, Jalopy, Rally, Box, Fuel, Jenkins, GitHub, Python, SOAP UI, GearBox, JSON, XML, PL/SQL Developer, Apache Solr, JMeter, Browser stack.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in documentation, implementation, monitoring and enforcing all processes and procedures for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Involved in Test planning and Test execution and performed Functionality Testing and Regression Testing.
- Participated in the Agile development environment with sprint meetings and story grooming sessions.
- Created functional automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Developed Selenium scripts to find, verify, select, edit and perform various operations on web elements. Used Select class to perform operations on the dropdown list.
- Designed Data Driven framework and read the data from excel sheets using Apache POI API.
- Worked with Development and QA teams to establish a build schedule.
- Running batch execution and sending status report to higher management.
- Parallel, Cross Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Used Several TestNG Annotations like @BeforeTest, @DataProvider to take advantage of test lifecycle.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources using GIT for Source Control Management.
- Performed Selenium synchronization methods on the application using implicit, explicit and fluent wait methods.
- Used SOAPUI for testing the web services involved in the project and written SOAPUI assertions for SOAP and RESTFUL web services.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Cucumber hooks, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkin format.
- Used Firebug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial, Attributes and Tags.
- Used Appium for Android mobile application testing for the AAA mobile app.
- Created Maven project and configured dependencies using pom.xml
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins.
- Used Log4j debugging framework for debugging the test cases in the project and reported the errors through JIRA.
- Coordinated with developers discussed the issues for quick results.
- Giving the estimations for the Failure Analysis and fixing of the test scripts.
- Recorded and managed defects.
- Scripted the Test cases and managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Used Maven to perform build from Jenkins Continuous Integration.
- Provided back end testing for data validation using SQL.
- Defect reporting, verifying their fixes and closing them on planned closing versions
- Have used Java to write test cases to some extent while testing the application.
- Extensively executed SQL Queries and JDBC on database tables to verify the database.
- Used MVC framework to support the use of dependency Injection to inject objects into class, instead of relying on the class to create objects.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Review of test fixes done by team members.
- Communicating daily status to the client.
Environment: /Tools: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, Oracle, Agile, JIRA, GIT, Maven, SoapUI, Jenkins, SQL, Firebug, FirePath, Xpath, XML, Hybrid/Data Driven Framework, Appium, SOAP, RESTFUL.
ETL Tester/ QTP
- Understanding of Functional Requirement Specifications and System Requirement Specifications.
- Developed Test Plans based on Test Strategies and Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required to execute Test Plans.
- Implemented SDLC, QA methodologies and concepts in the Project. Involved with ETL test data creation/Identified for all the ETL mapping rules.
- Preparation of test scenario's and test cases based on mapping documents.
- Involved in BA walkthroughs and ETL Specification Document.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP for functional, integration and regression testing.
- Validated the data against staging tables and warehouse.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries to verify report data with the source and target system (data warehouse).
- Performed End - to-End testing for the entire ETL.
- Conducted Functionality and GUI testing manually and recorded scripts.
- Designed a QTP script from scratch to extract text data from a Java web application and uploaded it to an excel spreadsheet for use by testers.
- Executed Test scripts from a custom QTP framework that required the updating of environment variables, configuration files, and data files.
- Created QTP object repositories for applications that would be used to design a new custom automation framework.
- Developed test scripts and test cases using QTP, Quality Center, and Load Runner.
- Experienced in developing Data driven, Key word driven and Hybrid Framework using QTP.
- Prepared test data for Positive and Negative Testing used in Data Driven Test.
- Working with Fact and Dimension tables and Surrogate keys and version numbers.
- Developed a testing strategy for all upcoming data feeds. led a team of 3 people at offshore
- Performed Manual Functional testing with QC and Regression Testing with QTP.
- Validated the Summary and detail reports with drill down option.
- Experience on Data validation, Data merging and Data aggregation activities.
- Monitor Testing Activities within the team and report regular progress to the Test Manager.
- Worked with UNIX scripts in executing and validating logs for the issues.
Environment: Informatica Powercenter, Oracle, SQL Developer, Hadoop, ETL Validator, UNIX, WinSCP, HP Quality Center, QTP, HP Load Runner.