- Excellent experience in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) , Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) and Test Methodologies from project definition to post - deployment documentation.
- Experience in implementing different automation development efforts in Agile/Scrum & Waterfall development environments.
- Expertise in different types of testing like Automation testing, Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, JUnit Testing, Black box testing, Functional testing.
- Worked on User Acceptance Testing ( Alpha & Beta Testing).
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix to determine all functional requirements.
- Expertise and working knowledge of Core Java and Object-Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections) required for the Selenium Frameworks.
- Conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, and Page Object Model (POM) .
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, Testing, Junit, Jenkins, Cucumber, SoapUI, TDD, BDD, Maven.
- Configured application framework using Excel spreadsheets and processed the spreadsheets using Apache POI.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tools like Ant, MAVEN and Configuration management tools like SVN, GIT .
- Handled various Selenium Locators using Firebug, Fire Path to debug, edit and locate the objects based on like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS for identifying correct GUI elements in creating automation scripts.
- Validated various test scripts using Assert and Verify commands.
- Experienced in preparing test data for positive and negative testing, Boundary value Analysis, Equivalence partitioning and identified critical bugs in the product early test execution cycle.
- Extensively used Selenium APIs such as take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases, select for selecting multiple values from list, Actions for various keyboard and mouse events with different Locators ( XPath, CSS, id, Link text ).
- Possess the expert level of understanding of WSDL, WADL, XSD, Schema and XML documents for Web Services Testing using SoapUI.
- Experience in automating the restful services using Rest Assured .
- Good knowledge of API testing to ensure functionality, reliability, performance , and security of API's.
- Utilized SQL and PL/SQL for test setup and data validation on Oracle, SQL Server databases and also handled the tasks of designing, managing SQL Queries and performed Database testing.
- Strong understanding of TestNG Data Provider annotation for parameterization to implement Data Driven Testing in WebDriver.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver Automation Framework for Smoke test and Regression test using TestNG.
- Designed and used Automation Test Frameworks (Hybrid and Data Driven) and involved in the development of Singleton Design Pattern from scratch.
- Maintained the Selenium JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features and resolved conflicts while merging source code to trunk or with other branches in the same.
- Used SoapUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API . Added assertions to validate the XML or WSDL file.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) with Data Driven Test automation Framework using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Working experience in setting up and running tests in Sauce Labs for Selenium based scripts.
- Well acquainted with Selenium Synchronization Techniques like Implicit and Explicit Waits in the WebDriver.
- Worked Extensively with JUnit/TestNG Testing Frameworks and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites. .
- Thorough knowledge in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations.
- Experienced in Parallel Execution of Multiple Tests at a time in different environments.
- Experienced in performing Compatibility testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired with different browsers like Firefox, Chrome, IE and Safari and with different operating systems like Windows, Android, and Mac OS.
- Expertise in Defect Management/ Problem solving including tracking bugs, reporting using JIRA, Quality Center/ ALM and Rally.
- Used Log4j to maintain Log files and debugging of automation scripts and web applications.
- Reviewed Application and Test logs, program outputs and reports to identify program processing errors and defects.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time.
- Good Knowledge on automating mobile application using Appium.
- Strong exposure to Banking, Finance, Retail and Telecom domains.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, JUnit, Cucumber, Gherkin, SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
Test Build& Integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM),TestNG
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, HTML, XML, JSON
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server,DB2,PL/SQL
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, UNIX, LINUX
Defect Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Rally
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities: Eclipse, IntelliJ, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path..
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SDET/ QA Automation
- Actively involved in all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC), which includes requirement, analysis, design, development, testing and documentation.
- Participated in Agile iteration meetings and QA activities for all releases of the Project.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing & System Testing on using Selenium WebDriver.
- Designed, executed and maintained automation test scripts with JAVA, Selenium WebDriver and MAVEN with TestNG, Jenkins, Log4j and JDBC prior to release for regression and functional test cases.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Executed the test cases for Black box testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing.
- Developed feature files and test scripts through BDD (Behaviour driven development) in Cucumber using Gherkin. Created the Scenarios, Scenario Outlines and Step Definition files to execute features, scenarios in Cucumber.
- Experienced in designing customized Hybrid framework (Keyword Driven & Data Driven) using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG & apache POI.
- Wrote complex SQL queries by joining multiple tables according to business logic for data validation.
- Maintained continuous test integration and automatic build by using Jenkins and generated cucumber reports from JSON file after successful builds .
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries
- Performed end-to-end testing considering all interfaces and subsystem for functional and non-functional testing.
- Created a set of smoke tests designed to run on each supported browser and setup Selenium Grid for testing.
- Performed Keyboard Events and Mouse Events like Mouse Hover, DoubleClick, Drag and Drop using Selenium Actions builder and used selenium commands to upload file, images and pictures.
- Achieved Synchronization using Implicit Wait and Explicit Wait conditions through Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Web Services testing using SoapUI Tool. Validated request and response in XML, JSON Formats. Added assertions to validate response for SOAP and RESTFUL Web Services.
- Used MAVEN to build and run the Selenium automation framework.
- Executed test cases using TestNG parameters, data providers, suites, parallel suites and groups.
- Used ReportNG for generating reports in selenium Web Driver.
- Developed automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script and mailed the build outputs to the team members.
- Performed Cross Browser Compatibility testing using Firefox Driver, Chrome Driver, Internet Explorer Driver.
- Thorough experience in Defect Life Cycle by Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using JIRA.
- Preparation and review of Test Data, Test Scenarios, System Integration Testing (SIT), Test Cases, System Testing, Unit Test Cases and Reviews.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Used Apache POI to read and write data from Excel sheets and testing the test scenarios.
- Provide Daily and Weekly Status Reports on project.
- Used GitHub as a version control managements systems for the automation scripts and also used Git to update repository.
- Conducted backend testing using JDBC and SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, unexpected event handling.
- Coordinated with developers and other stakeholders and recorded defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) using excel sheet to keep track of Project's Schedule and status.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Jenkins, XML, JSON, Git, Maven, Oracle 11g, Cucumber, Gherkin, MS Excel, Jira, Eclipse, SoapUI, Soap, Restful, SQL.
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Interacted with Product Owner, Customers and Project team members in analysing the User stories and acceptance criteria.
- Involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using agile methodology.
- Created High level scenarios, Test case construction and Test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Developed Cucumber tests using BDD framework by writing Feature files and generating step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Designed and Implemented Page Object Model using JAVA and Selenium.
- Involved in Scratch implementation of BDD frame work, moved entire framework from hybrid to BDD by using POM, and creating Feature files, Step definitions, and Runner class. Using reports analyzed step by step fail and pass criteria.
- Wrote BDD UAT using Gherkin format and implemented the step definitions using Cucumber for User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, DOM Locators.
- Used to identify object locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium, Worked with Log4J, apache POI Library, J-unit.
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse.
- Performing End-to-End testing after bug fixes and modifications.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Tested web services by generating XML, SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML, SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD framework model.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Validated the application across different platforms (Mac, windows) and different browsers (Chrome, internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera) using SAUCELABS.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
- Implemented mobile automation frameworks using Appium.
- Implemented appium scripts to test IOS and Android platforms.
Environment: JIRA, Confluence, Java, SoapUI, XML, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, REST, SOAP, HTML, Cucumber, Gherkin,SauceLabs.
Confidential, Vernon Hills, IL
- Evaluated the functional requirements, understood the functionality of the application from a testing perspective and worked closely with Business user in understanding designing and documenting the Functional testing plan and then writing, executing, documenting the results and Logging
- Worked in Agile environment i.e. SCRUM framework.
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used JIRA as the defect-tracking tool. Updated JIRA with all the changes made to the test case and closed it when all the requirements were met as specified.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior Driven approach like Cucumber.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Responsible for Back-end API testing with SOAP UI.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Designed and developed test framework based on SOAP UI API, which can support data-driven test, switching test environment, running test case selected and automatically generating test report in CSV format.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Worked on REST API web services to pull client content and use SOAP UI testing for verify all requests.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
- Involved in preparing daily/weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Test NG, SOAPUI, JIRA, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Fire path, Firebug, XML, agile.
Confidential, Boston, MA
QA Automation Tester
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium RC and IDE.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium RC in Modular Framework model.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Integrated Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Participated in Daily Scrum meeting, Stand-up meeting, walkthrough meeting, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Attended, discussed and submitting work progress report of the week to Project Manager.
- Worked with source version control tool such as Subversion (SVN).
- Assigned, Monitored and Tracked Tasks of Team Members.
- Successful discussion with all members, Project manager and QA Lead to collect data for automation.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Uploaded test cases executed test cases and logged defects in Mercury Quality Center.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Rally, Apache-Subversion (SVN), SQL,Oracle.
- Create test cases, test scripts to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in
- Creation, review, and finalization of Agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Reviews and give value added input on the Product Requirement Documents created by Project Manager.
- Created scripts using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, GRID and setup with Jenkins to run after deployment is done.
- Configured Selenium and GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Attended daily defect status meetings and weekly team status meetings for reporting testing status and shared ideas for improved testing efforts.
- Generated Reports, Graphs and live analysis graphs in Quality center.
- Performed analysis, Assessment, Task distribution, Scheduling, Reporting, Meeting scheduling, etc. using MS Project, MS Power point, MS word, MS Excel.
- Distributed or assigned tasks among Managers, Testers, Team Members and Development related personnel.
- Performed Functional, System-Integration and Regression testing.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Java, JUnit, Maven, Quality center, Eclipse.
- Prepared Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyzed code to performed white box testing.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during gathering requirements for the product and documented test cases.
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents.
- Reviewed the test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases using test case design techniques(BVA and EP)
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, JAVA, XML, HTML, SQL, UNIX and Windows.