- Around 7+ years of experience in Software development and testing which includes Automation and Manual testing using Selenium and QTP.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Spiral and QA Methodologies like CMM and RUP.
- Expertise in creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Manual testing based on the functional specification for the Functional, System, Integration, Incremental, Regression, compatibility, end - to-end testing, GUI, UAT, Database, Smoke/Sanity, Usability testing.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid), Soap UI, Cucumber, JIRA and Eclipse.
- Experience in testing Web Applications (Java, Ruby, .Net based applications), Mobile Applications Testing (Native App, Hybrid app, Web and SMS), Web services/message testing, Client-server applications, ETL Data warehouse & Database data testing for various client domains.
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Defect Tracking system and preparing project reports for end-to-end testing using tools like QC/ALM and JIRA.
- Involved in performance testing in creating virtual users and testing load, stress, database tests using Load Runner tool.
- Performed Web services and Message testing tasks using SOAP UI tool.
- Performed Automation testing using Selenium IDE, Web driver API's, Java scripting.
- Used Grid to run parallel tests and Managed test suites using TestNG. Used Jenkins, GIT Hub to maintain full test repository (tests, changes, version controlling).
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Proficient knowledge in SDLC processes and methodology by training, and supporting disciplines (workflows), activities, and artifacts (deliverables) as defined by CMM, Six Sigma and RUP.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP Protractor to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Used SQL Queries for data validation/verification Back-End testing in Oracle, SQL server databases.
Languages: Java, .Net, HTML5, CSS3
Automation Tools: Selenium, JMeter, Maven, QTP.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, UFT formerly QTP
Test Framework: Junit, Testing
Project Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla
Test Management Tools: HP ALM /Quality Centre.
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word), MS-Project
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Software QA Analyst
- Involved in All types of Testing and Analyzing the system testing, Functionality testing and Integration Testing.
- Developed Test Cases/Test Scripts, write test data and prepare defect profile for testing the functionality of Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Performed UI testing and front-end testing using Selenium.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Performed Manual and Automation Testing of the application, reported defects in Jira and was responsible to keep track of them. Also interacted with developers to resolve the bugs.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Developed the automation framework using Selenium and TestNG for functional testing.
- Involved in BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Worked on Agile Automation Tool Selenium Web driver using C#/Cucumber/NUNIT/TestNG BDD framework.
- Used Quality Center for Bug tracking and for maintaining the test documentation.
- Wrote SQL queries to extract the data from Database and to validate the updates done in the front end.
- Worked on Selenium Web driver to write automation scripts for functional and regression testing.
Software QA Tester
- Involved in Analyzing the Business/Functional Requirements and Technical Requirements documents.
- Performed manual and automated testing. Involved in automation of the test cases for regression testing and Functional testing using Quick Test Professional(QTP) / Selenium Tools (Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID).
- Created Templates for test plans, test cases, test data, test scenarios and Defect profiles for different application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Performed functional testing with Selenium, defined various checkpoints to verify results and performed tests using test driven data.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative testing to identify the defects and report them to the Development team using Quality Center.
- Used SOAPUI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads test data from database and stored in property and XML files.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records in MySQL database.
- Configured selenium grid to execute the parallel script.
- Performed defect reporting and bug tracking using JIRA and followed up with development team to verify bug fixes and update bug status.
- Performed Back-end testing and Prepare test data by executing SQL queries and Joins to make sure the contents displayed on the UI correct as per requirements specifications.