- QA Automation Engineer with over 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in, Manual Testing, Automated Testing, Database Testing, Web base application and Client/Server based applications.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC). And QA methodologies including Waterfall and Agile methodologies to ensure appropriate Quality Control.
- Excellent working experience in all phases of SDLC: Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation (Production) and Maintenance Support (Post Production).
- Experience in preparing Test plan, Test cases, Traceability matrix, Test documentation and reports.
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools: SOAP Scope, SOAP UI, IBM RIT (GreenHat (GH) Tester), Clear Quest and Quality Center HP ALM11, CALT, Load Runner.
- Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual Test cases and Test Scripts created in Selenium Webdriver with Test NG and Junit frameworks.
- Working knowledge of SOA, Web Services, Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), SOAP, XML and XML Spy.
- Experience in Automation, Integration (CIT/SIT/UAT), Installation, Smoke, Regression, System, GUI, Adhoc, Incident, Recovery, Cross Browser and Compatibility Testing.
- Very good experience in Mobile Application Testing in IOS and Android Platforms.
- Have excellent knowledge on HP ALM 12.01, HP QC 10.00.
- Created documentation on Web Applications (Includes REST API and API), Web Services and Mobile Applications.
- Testing the Functionalities using Black Box testing technique. Excellent knowledge and working experience in test execution and test results analysis.
- Extensively Used Mercury Quality Center and JIRA to create Test cases and report Bugs in Defect Module.
- Having good knowledge in basic XML, SQL and VBS commands. And has complete knowledge of Defect Life Cycle.
- Fair Hands - on experience using Xpath functions and page object model. Experience with Jenkins integration for continuous integration.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Using Spring Framework written Java Coding for API Testing using Post. Performed Java Web Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Written coding in Perl to perform file upload, mail trigger, file download and report generation.
- Worked with Unix/shell scripting for caching data from Oracle database to MySQL database.
- Using JMeter performed Unit Level Validation like special characters, uniqueness, invalid input, specified data range, boundary values for account creation and experience with TFS.
- Worked on multiple adhoc requests asked by other teams and vendors.
- Involved in Test designing by preparing High Level Scenarios & Test Cases by verifying BRD’s & HLD’s.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Backend testing using SQL Queries. Involved in creating the Scenarios for single and multi-user test. Expertise in Data driven testing, Back-End testing.
- Thorough Understanding of Unix/Linux/Windows Environment.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt any new environment and work on any projects independently when needed.
- Mentored new team members for knowing the process and leading them in various situations to meet the deliverables on time. Zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver/ID /RC/Grid, JUnit & JMeter TestNG, Quality Center/Test Director.
Mobile Testing Tools: Xcode, perfecto
Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android OS
Web & App Server: Apache Tomcat 3.0, JBoss 4.0, WebLogic 6.0, WebSphere, Sun Iplanet Web and Messaging Server 4.1
Integration Tools: IBM RIT, Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, TDD.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access.
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
Defect Tracking System: JIRA, Quality Center, DETS, GNATS 4.1, BugZilla 2.22
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings
- Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Selenium Grid, Cucumber and Maven.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing test cases, test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA and JUnit.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Used SOAP UI and Postman for testing SOAPUI and Restful Web services.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports.
- Performed Defect Tracking, ALM & Management in HP QC.
- Writing test plan and analyzing user stories and epics.
- Executed test run using cloud-based interactive mobile devices.
- Involved in Data warehouse system testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and integration testing.
- Organized Defect Reviews and coordinated with QA team and development teams to ensure timely resolution of defects using
E nvironment: JAVA, SQL, UNIX, Web Logic Sever, QTP 10.0, MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), QC, IP SWITCH, PGP desktop, Oracle SQL.
Confidential, Sanjose, CA
- Used Selenium WebDriver used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Responsible for creating test plans, test cases, test scenarios and mapping business requirements to test cases.
- Designed the test cases and developed test scripts using Java and Selenium RC/IDE.
- Developed automation framework for Selenium RC in Modular Framework model.
- Performed manual and gray-box testing of Android, iOS MAM & MDM (Mobile Application.
- Responsible for development HP QTP and Perfecto Mobile automation strategy across multiple projects .
- Perform integration, regression, acceptance, performance, functional, UI, compatibility testing (interruption and connectivity for Mobile Devices) to ensure product quality.
- Developed Test Plan, Test Cases and executed various test scripts functional testing.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Junit framework for test cases Performed Black Box and Unit testing using Equivalence Partitioning analysis.
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Worked actively with developers in expediting the code as against the specs and performing Unit Testing.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Performed SOA testing for Payments API's using SoapUI and Java framework for Web Services testing.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- Wrote and executed SQL’s and PL/SQL’s to do the backend testing.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Quality Center for reporting and logging the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC/IDE, Eclipse, Junit, Ant, SoapUI, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Quality center, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Windows and UNIX.
- Involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application: Requirement gathering, Design Analysis and Code development.
- Implemented Struts framework based on the Model View Controller design paradigm.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Strut MVC.
- Components were consumed by web application utilizing SQL Server 2008 and stored procedures to perform logical business transactions.
- Interact with database team and also wrote Stored Procedures using T-SQL for implementing complex logic.
- Struts-Config XML file was created and Action mappings were done.
- Designed the application by implementing Struts based on MVC Architecture, simple Java Beans as a Model, JSP UI Components as View and Action Servlet as a Controller
- Designed and developed business components using Session and Entity Beans in EJB.
- Used JDBC for data access from Oracle tables.
- Worked on triggers and stored procedures on Oracle database.
- Worked on Eclipse IDE to write the code and integrate the application.
- Application was deployed on Web Sphere Application Server.
- Coordinated with testing team for timely release of product.