- Over 8 years of IT experience as a QA Analyst/ Tester applications using Manual and Automated testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile and Waterfall etc.
- Experienced in developing and executed Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test scripts for various applications.
- Excellent work experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, System, Compatibility, Performance, Acceptance, Smoke, Security, Stress, Black Box, GUI, Adhoc, Incident, Recovery, Cross Browserand User acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Expertise in working with Manual and Automated testing tools: SOAP Scope, SOAP UI, IBM RIT (GreenHat (GH) Tester), Clear Quest and Quality Center HP ALM11, CALT.
- Good experience in creating, modifying and enhancing both manual Test cases and Test Scripts created in Selenium Webdriver with Test NG and Junit frameworks.
- Working knowledge of SOA, Web Services, Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), SOAP, XML and XML Spy.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks TDD from starch like Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework in different projects
- Excellent skills in automated test tools like QTP, Selenium, Quality Center, Mercury Tools (Win Runner).
- Expertise in defining, creating, documenting, verifying and executing Test cases and work with development team to resolve product issues
- Involved in Testing in Agile Development Env. Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies including Develop, execute, maintain Test plans, Test suites, Test harness, Test final result documents and bug reports
- Worked with Agile team to develop scripts in cucumber.
- Experience in Automation, Integration (CIT/SIT/UAT), Installation, Smoke, Regression, System, GUI, Adhoc, Incident, Recovery, Cross Browser and Compatibility Testing.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts and experience in working with Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2 and MY SQL PL/SQL, SQL* Plus, Database triggers, Procedures, Functions.
- Good understanding of data formats such as XML or JSON .
- Experience in GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing, User Acceptance Testing and End - to-End Testing.
- Successfully served as a QA Analyst in testing Web applications, Client Server Applications and Database Systems.
- Expert in Manual Testing of GUI and functional aspects of Web based and Client-Server applications using Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) and Version one tools.
- In-depth knowledge in writing Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Hands-on experience in testing Web Services /XML/SOAP and RESTful services using SoapUI tool.
- Using Spring Framework written Java Coding for API Testing using Post. Performed Java Web Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Involved in Test designing by preparing High Level Scenarios & Test Cases by verifying BRD’s & HLD’s.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Worked on TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Work with Application team to connect and bring automation test cases within the continuous integration process ..
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience in ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, Transformations and Loading process.
- Thorough Understanding of Unix/Linux/Windows Environment.
- Knowledge on cloud technologies.
- Worked on multiple adhoc requests asked by other teams and vendors.
- Expert in preparing Traceability Matrix to map requirement coverage with test cases.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to learn new technologies.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills. Technically sound, Result-Oriented with strong Problem solving skills. Innovative & efficient. Capable of working as a Team Member or Individually with minimum supervision.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Quick Test Pro, HP Quality Center, Test Director, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Rational tools.
Defect Tracking Tools: Test Director, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rational ClearQuest.
Testing Methodologies: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Load/Performance, System and User Acceptance Testing.
Defect Management Tools: Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, PVCS, Bugzilla, Project Issues.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/9i, MySQL.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile.
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, VB Script, OOP, Java Script.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/2003/ XP/Vista/7, MAC OS X, UNIX.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. QA Engineer/Analyst
- Reviewing and analyzing business requirements and technical specifications to come up with Testing Scope.
- Responsible for Manual, Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Scrum and System Testing of the application at various stages
- Automated Web Application Testing using Java Selenium framework in an Agile environment
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Developed test cases using BDD (Behavior driven development).
- Worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies.
- Created and executed automated tests for functional, and regression testing using Quick Test Professional
- Created QTP scripts with reusable and external Actions and, called functions in Actions.
- Created, executed, maintained and enhanced automated test scripts using Cucumber.
- Escalation for unresolved bugs to the concerned developers and module leaders.
- Developed Test Cases to test Web Services and RESTful calls using SoapUI tool.
- Performed Smoke, System testing, system Integration Testing, User acceptance, Database & Regression testing.
- Developed bug report after manual testing, bugs encountered during testing and sent to developer by taking snapshot of it.
- Involved in manual testing for the product.
- Used HP Quality Center to perform Manual Testing and logging and tracking defect in Bugzilla until the bug was fixed.
- Created Manual Testing strategy and performed Database Testing using SQL Queries by retrieving data from Oracle Database
- Validated the connection and data between Admin web services and Insurance claims web services.
- Filed and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center Application Life Cycle Management (ALM).
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group by clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Prepared and executed scenarios for the Regression testing on new builds.
- Performed Regression testing by executing the scripts developed with QTP.
- Conducted User Acceptance Test (UAT) with users and customers and wrote issues log based on outcome of UAT.
- Develop test cases on various types of credit card applications.
- Wrote and executed TDD (Test Driven Development), managed test data and utilized test data management techniques.
- Perform functional testing and regression testing on each field of credit card application pages.
- Involved in Database testing to verify data integrity tests.
- Extensively interacted with developers to analyze & resolve issues that were encountered while testing application.
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Sr. Quality Analyst/Lead
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/WebDriver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP UI, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, Agile Methodology, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Participated in planning and developing test strategies and plans for Functional and Performance tests
- Designed and developed automation frame work using Java, Selenium web driver, JUnit, Maven, Ant, SVN.
- Performed backend testing by writing complex SQL Queries using Oracle TOAD.
- Performed Web Services testing using SoapUI.
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium junit framework.
- Created scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, GRID and setup with Jenkins to run after deployment is done.
- Participate in documenting Automated Test Strategy and assist the Testing Team with on-going Automated Test Execution.
- Build feature files for Cucumber steps using ATDD framework in Selenium.
- Used Agile programming techniques, such as test-driven development, continuous integration and testing, and story-based iterative development to build better software
- Interpret application architectures and identify areas for automation.
- Work with Application team to connect and bring automation test cases within the continuous integration process .
- Creation of Test Data needed for testing.
- Develop and execute application software testing such as functional, integration, and regression testing to ensure the quality of the features.
- Create test plan, test cases, test scripts to support specific software testing objectives, and assist team in creation, review, and finalization of agile stories and story acceptance criteria.
- Reviews and give value added input on the Product Requirement Documents created by project Manager.
- Configured Selenium and GRID scripts on Virtual machines.
- Created common methods useful for different customers testing using Hybrid framework.
- Performed multi browser testing to check application can work on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Prepare TestNG XML, build XML to work for automation scripts and run them in remote systems.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status using JIRA defect tracking system.
- Create and maintain the Selenium scripts for automation.
- Perform Integration testing functional testing regression testing and End to End testing of the new releases in Workplace Engagement.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Analyzed business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Identified test cases to automate and develop automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Involved in creating the functional testing framework using TestNG and using Selenium WebDriver for writing Automated Scripts with Java.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, used Git and Source Tree as VCS for a Java based Web application, used Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create and run deployment jobs.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Configured and Installed Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Maven and Jenkins for Continuous build cycles.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team to ensure product testability while running E2E Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Worked on performance and load testing using Jmeter. Involved in testing and quality assurance
- Involved in developing Test automation Framework for the application using Selenium WebDriver with Maven.
- Reviewed the automation scripts and created Continuous Integration Jobs in Jenkins.
- Involved in functional testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression testing.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (TDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Involved in Agile (Scrum Process) methodology based on Project Planning, Test Planning and Coordinating on all SDLC phases.
- Used Quality Center for bug-reporting, tracking and to create and execute various scenarios, generate graphs, overlaid graphs for comparison, and analyzed the results.
- Validated the data in the database by using SQL queries.
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL database.
- Responsible for the Team performance, and preparing & submitting the graphs and metrics to the higher management.
- Participated in low level design and requirement understanding with functional team.
- Used OOAD and OOP's concept like Abstraction, Polymorphism, Inheritance, Encapsulation.
- Extensively used Java Collections and Reflection API.
- Implemented multithreading concepts for caching application data.
- Used design patterns like Business Delegate, Singleton, Session Facade, MVC, Service Locator.
- Implemented MVC architecture using spring and Struts frameworks combined with EJB 3.0 JPA for database persistence.
- Created Single page application using Backbone.JS and Node.JS to handle data flow.
- Used Struts Tiles Framework to structure core application webpage layouts and to assemble the JSPs.
- Also created various common tags that are reused for handling common functionalities like data element filtering, Parent/Child dropdowns etc.
- Used Spring Dependency Injection feature and configured Function Action classes as Spring Beans for redirecting the user request to the appropriate class which implements corresponding business functionality.
- Used SQL/PLSQL to perform complex database operations and generated various stored procedures, functions for DML operations.
- Developed JUnit test cases.
- Involved in various internal releases of the application and supported the application modules during testing and pre-production phases.
- Interactions with the business team to gather the requirements review the specifications and monitor the work.
- Involves analysis, design, development, and junit, jmeter performance testing of web applications
- Developed the front-end web presentation layer on Spring MVC framework.
- Used J2EE design patterns like MVC, Singleton and DAO Factory to provide a consistent, easily manageable and maintainable application.
- Developed Servlets, Java beans and Java helper classes responsible for delivering web component.
- Responsible for quality assurance of all web design projects, including web usability, accessibility, testing and debugging.
- Consumed Web services for retrieving the revenue analysis data. Involved in the Data Access Object layer for storing, updating and loading the data using Hibernate.
- Interacting with team members to understand the business domain and helping them for solving the technical problems.