- Over 8 years of Progressive experience in both manual and automation testing.
- Diverse experience includes successful projects in the areas of Test case authoring, Execution and creating the test summary reports.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Test Methodologies from project definition to post - deployment documentation
- Experience in developing manual and automated Test scripts and test cases based on the client provided BRD, FRS and SRS.
- Extensive work experience on Functionality Testing, GUI, Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Black Box Testing, Ad-Hoc and End to End testing.
- Experience in using Mercury Quality Center for writing the test cases, executing the test cases and defect reporting.
- Strong Experience in J-Unit, Test NG, Cucumber test frameworks on building
- Excellent skills in automated test tool Quick Test Professional (QTP), QA Wizard.
- Data driven and hybrid model Test scripts
- Expertise in Set up of Selenium RC using Eclipse IDE as well as through command line.
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT Test Suites, Creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the selenese scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT.
- Good knowledge on designing and executing Automated Tests for Data Driven Testing.
- Experience in using Selenium IDE, RC and Grid using Java.
- Expert in JIRA, QC, Remedy tracking tools and Share point Confluence on creating project-testing documentation.
- Backed by strong credentials including a computer science degree, SQL certification
- Firm knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Agile Methodology and Waterfall.
- Design of multiple web APIs.
- Performed manual and automated testing using HP-Mercury tool like Quality Center, Quick Test Professional.
- Experience mobile testing using emulators and devices.
- Strong Experience in J-Unit, Test NG, Cucumber test frameworks on building
- Excellent communication, analytical and inter personal skills and ability to learn new concepts and supported 24/7 on call in production and development environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills and Presentation Skills, Comprehensive problem solving abilities
QA with Ruby Automation: Selenium, JMeter, Load Runner, QTP, xUnit
Functional Testing Tools: QTP11.0, Rational Robot, Selenium
Performance Testing Tools: Load Runner (Web Test)
Defect Tracking Tools: QualityCenter, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
Languages: VB.NET, VBScript, C#, SQA Basic, C/C++, Java, Data Structure, HTML, XML
RDBMS/Database: SQL Server 2005/2008 and Toad
Technologies/Domain: .Net, Java, Banking, Finance, Pharmacy, E-Commerce, Payroll
Methodologies: Agile, RAD, WATERFALL, SPIRAL
Testing: Manual, Automated, White Box, Black Box, Modular Testing, Grey Box, System Testing, Integration, Unit, API, Regression, Test Plan, Test Cases, Matrix Preparation, API Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Localization testing and Internationalization testing.
Other Skills: Writing functional specs, design and documents, unit test documents. Knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), QA methodologies and Different Quality standards
Confidential, Fresno, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Data Requirements and Design documents. Involved in developing the QA Test Plan and QA Test Strategy.
- Used AGILE methodology and participated in SCRUM meetings. Interacted with Business Analysts for constant upgrade of the Functional Requirements.
- Ensured process compliance in the QA team throughout the SDLC implementation.
- Developed and executed tests that ensure application meets business requirements and system goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify existing or potential issues.
- Performed automation testing and authored test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Involved in preparing Data driven framework for automating the application.
- Created Object repository and reusable functions in the framework.
- Implemented automated execution of tests using Maven and Jenkins.
- Implemented assertions, error collector functionalities for validation using TestNG.
- Performed Database testing using SQL queries.
- Used Jira for bug tracking. Developed weekly reports and shared with QA management.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, MySQL Server.
Confidential, Clifton, NJ
QA Automation Engineer
- Wrote automation and regression tests in Quote management, Underwriting, Payment and Checkout modules of esurance application.
- Played an active role in developing the UI Automation framework from ground-up using Selenium, TestNG in Java and implemented the same in esurance portal application.
- Developed test cases and scripts for GUI, functional and regression testing based on User Stories (SCRUM).
- Used the Firebug Tool to identify the Object id’s, Name, xPath in the application to automate the UI testing.
- Extensively used data driven (excel and database) framework to simulate the production load.
- Converted JUnit based test scripts to support parameterized testing and parallel testing in TestNG.
- Performed Cross Browser testing using Selenium GRID to validate the Browser-compatibility e.g. - Safari, Chrome, IE, Firefox browser and saved the QA execute times.
- Hands-on exposure in Postman and SOAP UI to validate REST APIs.
- Involved in Defect tracking and Reporting using JIRA defect tracking tool
- Actively participated in SCRUM planning, daily stand-ups and Retrospective meetings. Assisted Engineering in prioritization of critical bugs.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Junit,MySQL Server, SCRUM, Jira, Postman, Selenium GRID, Firebug
Confidential, Simi Valley, CA
- Developed Test plans, Test Cases for checkout and Search modules.
- Wrote test cases in Selenium/Java with TestNG framework to automate the UI testing.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Documents and provided feedback to the Team Leads/QA manager.
- Developed load testing scripts using Apache JMeter to test RESTful services.
- Implemented Data Driven Frameworks to create parameterized test scripts and generated Excel reports using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG framework.
- Used SVN Repository for test case check-ins and automated the build process from Jenkins CI.
- Filed quality bugs with reproducible test scenarios for engineering’s immediate attention.
- Integrated maven, TestNG, Selenium and to automate the build and deploy process.
- Provided trainings to the fellow team members on automation/build tools.
- Did a POC to convert existing framework to Cucumber (BDD)
- Performed manual testing to validate the front end modules (images, Forms & pages).
- Developed test case in Selenium Database using Java/JDBC/Oracle.
- Actively interacted with cross functional teams and raised the show stopper in daily stand up (SCRUM) meetings.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, MySQL Server, SVN,Jenkins, JMeter
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Analyzed business requirement documents and functional requirement documents and was involved in all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Updated the Test Plans and added automation Test Cases for every Sprint release.
- Pioneered the TestNG framework in the group for parallel, group and data driven and prioritized testing.
- Actively used proprietary software to file quality bugs thereby saved development’s time in reviewing the bugs.
- Conducted Functional, Integration, System, Regression, UAT, Smoke and Operational Testing.
- Mapped the test cases to the requirements using requirement coverage function in Quality Center.
- Configured Data driven framework with Apache POI to read and write to Excel file, Parameterized tests using JUnit.
- Developed Java based test scripts to automate testing process in Selenium WebDriver.
- Developing data driven framework using TestNG.
- Integration of automation batch run job with Jenkins.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated Web Based testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Used JIRA for Bug reporting, Tracking and defect Management.
- Developed reusable and well commented Selenium functions using Java.
- Tested web services, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of Web Services.
- Extensive knowledge in MYSQL, Oracle DB and Oracle Linux.
- RESTful web service testing using JMeter.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Junit, TestNG,MySQL Server, QTP, SOAPUI,Jenkins
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Developed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver in Java
- Re-used and enhanced Maven based build scripts to run Selenium Automation with TestNG.
- Developed new scripts for the regression, gray and white box testing.
- Performed Data Driven and Keyboard driven testing framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used selenium Grid to run the test suite across different browsers, machines, and operating systems thereby reduced the test execution time.
- Created high quality bugs with Engg and reduced the lag time by 15%
- Reported Bugs through JIRA bug tracking system and prioritized the issues with engineering in daily standup meetings.
- Significant experience with test automation scripts, MAVEN based build scripts and Jenkins CI server.
- Collaborated with cross functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve the show stopper issues.
- Knowledge sharing with team members after identifying the critical bugs.
- Extensively used firebug and selenium IDE to identify elements.
- Attended the project review meetings, daily standup meetings with Project managers and Team leads.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, MySQL Server,Maven,Jira
QA Test Engineer
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and created the Test Plans.
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed and enhanced Automated Test scripts for Regression testing using Selenium IDE/WebDriver in Java
- Heavily used headless browsers like PhantomJS to speed up the test suite execution times.
- Performed manual and regression testing for each major and minor releases.
- Performed Multi-browser testing and distributed the test execution to multiple machines using Selenium GRID.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool to schedule the automated builds by monitoring the version control system.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, MySQL Server.Jenkins
- Involved in manual QA testing of the 3 key modules of Confidential deals website.
- Enhanced the existing test plan and test cases and increased the QA coverage per the requirements document.
- Performed Gray, Regression, Unit Testing, Black/White box and GUI testing of the deals website.
- Involved in a POC to automate the manual tests using Selenium/JUnit
- Filed quality defects with engineering for timely resolution of critical bugs. Documented bugs in BugZilla bug tracking tool.
- Generated Reports and Communicated the test results on a daily basis.
- Wrote SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity.
Environment: Java (J2EE), Linux Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, MySQL Server,Bugzilla.