- Seasoned IT professional with 7 years of intensive experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in writing master test plan, developing test scenarios, designing test scripts, test execution and defect management.
- Very good experience with test management tools such as ALM, Quality Center, Rally, TDP and JIRA.
- Worked on projects involving different platforms and technologies including Web based applications, Web Services, Mobile application, Database applications and Windows Desktop applications.
- Extensive experience in QA methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Worked closely with cross functional teams, Onshore and Offshore teams as per the need of the project.
- Provided testing support to UAT team. Intensive experience with functional testing, regression testing, web based testing, backend testing, browser compatibility testing, cross platform testing and mobile testing.
- Good working knowledge of Test Automation Process. Assisted test Automation team with identifying test cases that are good candidate for Automation.
- Worked closely with off shore automation team to provide feedback on the scripts, test execution and result analysis using QTP and UFT tools from HP.
- Hands on experience in Database Testing and executing SQL queries.
- Received accolades from senior managers, project stakeholders and cross - functional team for delivering excellent testing services on the project assigned.
- Hands on experience in End to End testing. Working experience in Telecom, Banking and Mortgage industry.
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Hard worker, Quick Learner, Team Player, always ready and willing to go an extra mile to make customers delighted.
- Self-Starter with good understanding and goal oriented approach to problem solving issues. Attention to detail and ability to work in tighter schedules.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management, multi-tasking and mentoring skills.
- Thorough experience in Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in working remotely with Onshore & Offshore teams in different time zones.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing in creating, writing, reviewing and executing test scripts using HP/ALM.
- Expertise in designing, developing, automating, monitoring and maintaining functional and automated tests.
- Working experience with Global team and directed and reviewed test planning and execution work efforts of an offshore team.
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends to support production releases as needed.
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix, Linux, MAC, IOS
Languages: HTML, XML, Java, Java Script, SQL, VB Script
Databases: Oracle 11, SQL Server, MySQL, Query Express
Software Applications: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Visio, Humming Bird, HP Screen Recorder, WebEx
Test Management Tools: Quality Center 10, ALM 11, Rally, Jira, Toad, Zephyr, QTP, UFT, TDP (IBM Tool)
Software Testing Skills: Writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Execution, Defect Reporting and Defect tracking, Defect Review, Test Metrics, Regression Testing, System Testing, Web Testing, Web Services, RESTful web services, SOAP UI, SQL Queries, Batch Runs, UAT, IST, ETE Testing, Negative Testing, Mobile Testing, Browser Compatibility Testing, black box testing, white box testing, Cross Platform testing, Sprint planning, Scrum Methodology, Agile, Waterfall model of SDLC.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
End to End QA Test Specialist
- Gathered and reviewed Business Requirements/User Stories and performed Gap Analysis to ensure that the requirements/user stories are complete.
- Attended Grooming calls for User Stories. Worked on HLTC’s (High level Test Cases) & DTC’s (Detailed Test Cases).
- Wrote ETE test steps for Ordering & Billing & reviewed with Clients.
- Created Mapping sheet to map scenarios/business requirements with the Test Cases.
- Involved in Functional testing, Integrated System Testing, Negative Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Created and executed test strategies, test plans and test/use cases based on User Stories and Requirements in support of Integrated System Testing/End to End testing for Billing Department.
- Involved in Test Data preparation for Test Execution and Inventory Build.
- Participated in the daily status calls for both offshore/onshore and discussed about status, issues, concerns related to project.
- Successfully tested Confidential stability and functionality changes as per work requirements for the various system using Amdocs applications like OMX, OCX.
- Performed key roles in the integration system testing and quality assurance on AT&T network provisioning applications.
- Executed Test Cases and logged defects in QC/ALM.
- Reported testing results to various levels of IBM and AT&T management.
- Involved in end to end life cycle of testing starting from requirements analysis till UAT/PVT/Production support.
- Worked with Business Partners to develop comprehensive End to End Test Scenarios and plan ensuring new features operate as stated in the requirements.
- Actively participated in agile testing, completed tasks on time for each sprint to meet the deadlines.
- Performed End to End testing to identify and resolve code defects before production delivery.
- Successfully tested some production defects in UAT environment.
- Communicated to Business Partners code related issues, as well as code resolution timing associated with failed End to End Test Cases.
- Identified and supported Data creation for executing End to End Test cases. Created Inventory & requested Data Scrub for Test Data. Prepared DRS (Data Requirement Sheet) to keep track on data for each test cases.
- Provided daily status to end client. Prepared Quick Glance (QG) Report/Status Report everyday & sent it internally to the testing team.
- Prepared Cycle-Wise plan & reviewed internally with IST/ETE Team.
- Attended the Daily and Weekly status call with Clients and updated Project status with PTM’s (Onsite and Offshore) and Clients.
- Attended Sprint planning meetings & discussed testing issues.
- Worked closely with end client, Business Partners and 3rd Party vendors to finalize test scope and communicate status/issues as well as testing results.
- Interfaced with application leads for defect resolution, coordinating triage and escalated whenever required to appropriate management team.
- Setup Defect demo whenever required with developers & testing team.
- Prepared test cases result reports after completion of testing, uploaded in T-Space with all necessary test case information, screenshots & shared that T-Space link with the business owners/clients for review & approval.
Environment: Siebel CRM, Oracle, UAT, IST, Amdocs Tools/Applications-OCX/OMX, Windows XP, Mainframes, Quality Center- ALM 11.0, Rally, Data Warehouse, SOAP UI, Technology Delivery Platform (TDP) as software delivery platform AT&T supported Applications, IBM Applications, Agile, Waterfall, Web Services, IE, Chrome.
Sr. QA Test Analyst
- Reviewed BRD and functional design document and prepared test cases and test scripts for the functionality within scope of QA.
- Created User defined fields in Quality Center and upload test scripts and test cases in QC.
- Reviewed Test Scripts with BA and update the scripts as per feedback from BA.
- Executed test scripts and logged defects when found.
- Attended defect review calls and explain defects to application stakeholders, developers in the defect review call. Provided additional information to developers on defects logged to help developer in understanding the defect.
- Worked closely with business analyst, business subject matter experts and development teams to clarify and resolve testing issues.
- Identified manual test cases that are good candidate for test automation, discussed the scripts with the team and performed regression testing using automation tools. .
- Created and executed SQL queries for data testing. Involved in functional testing, negative testing, regression testing, system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing.
- Performed Cross Browser compatibility testing with IE, Chrome, Safari.
- Performed Cross-Platform testing to identify issues that may vary with platforms or configurations like user interface, consistency, usability and performance issue.
- Provided daily status update on the progress of the assigned tasks to QA team lead.
- Re-tested fixed defects and updated their Status. Triage meetings in order to communicate and prioritize the defects.
- Generated Test Metrics and Test result reports using QC as per the requirements.
- Involved in daily and weekly status meetings with clients.
Environment: Windows 2003 R, IE, UAT, Chrome, Safari, Oracle 8i, TIBCO Hawk (R), TIBCO-BPM, QTP, QC, MS Project, SQL.
Confidential, Hauppauge, NY
- Participated in requirement walk-through and KT sessions organized for QA team.
- Contributed to Master Test Plan. Provided feedback on requirements to business analysts to detect any requirement gaps and improved it.
- Analyzed User Stories, Acceptance Criteria, Workflow Documents, Business requirements and Functional documents to create detailed test plans, test scenarios, test steps and test data for projects.
- Uploaded test cases and test scripts to Quality Center in preparation for test execution.
- Provided statuses for the work assigned to IT PM and to Test Lead.
- Verified that QA Environment is ready for testing after code is deployed into the environment.
- Executed test scripts and logged defects when found. Attended defect review calls and explained defects to application stakeholders, developers and business analysts.
- Identified manual test cases that are good candidate for test automation and discussed the scripts with the team and worked with them closely in creating Automation Regression suit.
- Prepared and ran SQL Queries on source and target databases.
- Performed Cross Browser compatibility testing to check web applications working correctly across different web browsers.
- Performed Cross Platform testing to test applications on different platforms.
- Prepared test result report and complete QA Sign off process.
- Re-tested fixed defects and updated their Status.
- Managed and Analyzed Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure complete test coverage and to understand the status of functionalities as per requirements.
- Provided QC support to UAT team members as and when needed.
- Executed test cases for functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, regression testing, end to end testing and integration testing for each build of the application and communicated the results with Software Development Team.