Sr. Software Test Analyst Resume
- An innovative Quality Assurance Lead/Analyst with systems software and applications testing experience.
- 15 plus years of QA experience working in Waterfall and Agile environments.
- QA experience spans web, client server, mainframe, Unix and Windows environments.
- A fast learner who is capable of understanding the big picture while diving into the details.
- Deep understanding of the development life cycle.
- Experience working with test automation tools as well as developing manual tests.
- Highly skilled in writing and implementing test procedures and reporting test findings with utmost precision.
- Utilizes keen judgment to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business domain experience includes financial services, health care, government and communications.
Test Automation Tools: Microsoft Test Management, Confidential Rational Test Suite, HP ALM, HP UFT, ReqPro, Manual Tester, Test Manager, Functional Tester and Clear Quest, Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Quality Center.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, PVCS Tracker, Rational Clear Quest, Remedy, ALM
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, RUP, SDLC Methodology
Mainframe Tools: TSO/ISPF, Endevor, File - AID, File Manager, Confidential Data Facility Storage
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, TSO/ISPF, ENDEVOR, ABEND-AID, FILE-AID, SPUFI, Confidential UTILITIES, CICS, TSO
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Oracle 11g, Informatica 8.6.1, DB2, IMS, DATACOM, Teradata
Other: SQL, HTML, JavaScipt, XML, Unix
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
Software QA Methodology System Workflow Test Cycles Cross Platform Testing Migration Projects using Virtual Machines Backend & Frontend Testing SDLC Life Cycle Defect Tracking Test Metric Creation SQL Queries SQL Server 2012, SharePoint 2013 Testing Business/Functional Specification Result Analysis Business Specification Analysis
Sr. Software Test Analyst
- My main duty was to configure a Virtual Machine from scratch to reflect the old software environment. Also created a second Virtual Machine for the new environment using SharePoint 2013 and SQL Server 2012. Tested both in parallel to ensure quality of new Confidential software.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment implementing different components with every release
- Configuring both VM’s to reflect the old and new Sharepoint Solutions using Visual Studio to connect to Foundation Servers.
- Microsoft Test Management was used to enter test cases and track defects.
- Created Logins, configured Administrators and Managed Roles within SharePoint Farm and SVC accounts on both Virtual Machines with Application Server and Site on localhost.
- Created test cases to test every function. Wrote test plan, test scenarios and well over 1400 test cases were added using MTM Tool.
- Tested the Installers created with every scheduled build.
- Maintained Regression Test suite.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Performed the role of QA Lead for Web UI, and Mainframe testing. The role includes resource planning and work distribution among the onsite and offshore teams, 8 offshore 3 onshore.
- Preparation of master test strategy, master test plan, test scenarios and test cases.
- Ensured manual and automated test cases were uploaded according to standards.
- Design the naming convention used for entire project.
- Involved in test data preparation for all test cases working closely with business research in Production environment being conscious that all data is de identified.
- Used various techniques within the test suite to assure cross browser and cross platform requirements were correctly met.
- Executed SQL queries in DB2 to massage data in the different regions.
- Preparation of positive, negative, boundary and equivalence testing,.
- Performed all phases of end-to-end testing which includes User Acceptance, Functional, Regression, negative, System, Smoke testing of the Application and its interfaces.
- Liaison between Testing and Development team for defect resolutions.
- Prepared weekly status reports of entire team progress.
- Function as a Test Lead for Planning and allocating resources making sure all requirements had coverage..
- Documented and tracked test scripts, test results, test analysis, and reported the defects using HP ALM.
- Tested in all environments QA, INT, UAT, CERT, Assisted business users for signoff.
- Some cross functional testing was performed on MQ Series to other applications
- Using Unix commands to turn on queues or listener, while doing cross functional testing.
Sr. Lead QA Analyst
- Responsible for full project life cycle testing of the MATRX project for the State of NJ DMV system. Tested the integration of various components of the MATRX system including driver licensing, driver history, business licensing, vehicle, title and registration information. Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing of the system.
- MATRX is a web-based and client server system that replaced an old legacy system. Tested forward and backward data flow between the legacy and the new system as per test plan requirements.
- Extensive testing was performed to ensure that Informatica handled the input feeds and updated the target Oracle database correctly.
- Attended all meetings with Development, BA’s, and QA team
- Analyzed Use Cases and Requirements to develop Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts using Excel and imported tests to Rational RequisitePro, linking and tracing back to Requirements
- Worked with Performance group to test that system performance meets requirements
- Designed, developed and created Scenarios from Use Cases and developed Test Cases from Scenarios
- Developed Scripts from Test Cases and Functional Test Scripts from User Interfaces
- Ensured that all test plans and test cases/scripts were approved by the business users
- Tested in all environments QA, INT, UAT, CERT, Assisted all business users with execution
- Performed defect and test case tracking using Rational Clear Quest.
Sr. QA Analyst
- Responsible for testing the Confidential Claims Processing system. System uses a CICS Transaction Server for front-end data entry and back-end processing, utilizing, MQ series, DB2, COBOL for MVS, VSAM, TSO, CA7TP
- Provided user acceptance and integration testing in mirror image of production environment
- Created macros in database and tested in various CICS regions
- Worked closely with the offshore team in India
- Modified JCL procedures as needed for testing in different regions.
- Certification testing performed on a mirror image of the production environment.
Lead QA Analyst
- Tested entire life cycle for ActivePHR websites, supporting new Functionality releases
- Created all test plans and test cases from Functional Requirements and conducted internal audits to reflect QA had complete coverage of all new functionality, prior to signoff
- Conducted QA reports to reflect deliverables and served as Lead on QA implementation of Automation scripts
- Created all documentation, writing Standard Process to be used with Quality Test Professional and Automation
- Created functional and regression automating in VBScript/Visual Basic in expert view using Mercury QTP
- Created Manual and Automated test scripts to cover functional, regression, integration, stress and performance testing, Usability, Installation, Security, Ad-hoc and Beta testing
Lead QA Analyst
- Worked on several web-based applications including FNX 2.0, Savility InstaMed Portal and EnterPrice
- Served as the Lead QA for multiple projects involving Portal, Web testing and Data validation
- Conducted quality assurance activities on Confidential Software products and automated test plans, test cases and test scripts within automated testing tool HP QTP utilizing VBScript
- Performed SQL queries for backend testing using Quest TOAD in Oracle Database and UNIX environment
- Tested Oracle Forms using OpenScript, submitted EDI Claims and tested 271, 277, 837, 835 EDI files
- Submitted Insurance Claims through automated process and performed end-end testing for Confidential ’s Fee Negotiation and Savility Portal projects
- Worked in Agile/Scrum environment and conducted Functional, Integration, Regression and UAT testing
- Tested and certified software defect fixes and new functionality and reviewed test summary reports with QA, development, business and UAT teams
- Managed testing schedule and assisted Product Support with analysis and verification of software defects reported to determine validity and clarification
- Gathered and analyzed project metrics in support of business cases, planned projects and requirements and communicated findings to Project Management
- Reviewed and revised policies, procedures, standards for Quality Assurance department
- Assisted with coaching personnel in the operation of the process-based quality system
EPL Senior QA Analyst
- Tested the rewriting of APL system to be replaced with Microsoft .Net, C#, BizTalk 2004 and SQL Server 2005
- Performed automated functional testing using Mercury QuickTest Pro 9.1 and TestDirector interface to Telelogic Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System
- Created automating suites in VBScript/Visual Basic in the expert view within Quick Test Professional
- Tested the end to end system capabilities, including Portfolio Accounting, Performance Reporting, Reconciliation Unified Managed Accounts/Multiple Strategy Portfolios Support and Gain-Loss Trade Modeling
- Responsible for test data preparation, data migration, integration and user acceptance testing
- Tested 250 person development projects, domestically and internationally
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked on multiple projects for a nationally and internationally deployed Web application
- Developed test plans and test scripts and created SQL statement using SQL Server to test back end
- Tracked software anomalies on Borland Starteam reports on QA environment, Stage environment, Live Planning and Risk Assessment
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of SDLC process using Agile, distributed SiteWise/WebTrends reports
- Provided end to end testing and suggested the initial use for Automation QuickTest Professional
- Wrote all automated test scripts using QTP on all environments and kept QTP Library for Admission Services
- Developed Acceptance Tests and solely responsible for release migrations every two weeks
- Provided software test results analysis and determination as well as all software environment documentation
- Copied all files, ran SQL Scripts/Store procedures and added constants to configure the entire QA environment
Lead QA Analyst
- Worked on Vector, the interactive system that guided Confidential through audits and taxes, which the firm now terms the ‘Business Measurement Process’
- Extensively worked on the migration of the Resource Management System to the ‘eStars’ Application
- Worked with Windows 2000/xp, dot.Net, Java, Visual Basic, Html, SQL, Rational Clear Quest and Project Trak
- Manually tested the Tax & Audit and application Vector, while testing different workflows of Vector application
- Tested Accounting disclosure checklist and performed Functional testing, Positive & Negative testing, Cross browser testing and Reports testing according to business rules and user requirements
- Tested reports designed on .Net environment and checked Data consistency with eStars and Novient
- Performed Integration and User Acceptance Testing according to the Test Plan
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking and interacted with team and developers to clear defects
- Lead triage for all Defect meeting, reporting and test Execution status for all phases
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Served as Team Lead, managing a web-based, client server software testing for a Client Network Order Management and provisioning system in charge of all testers
- Provided test plans and test scripts for web-based applications and client/server
- Used RUP rational tools for end to end testing for releases and Rational Test Lab Manager for updates in QA lab
- Prepared QA Audit Reports and created Manual, Automated Test Sets for scheduled regression runs
- Utilized SQL Analyzer to verify database and provided SQL server testing of stored procedures, triggers, scripts and middleware components
- Deployed customer Voice and Data Network VoIP, ATM, Frame Relay and DSL services
- Migrated from test bed to production and provided Tier 1 application support
- Used Automated tool Test Director, Quick Test Professional and Win Runner Functions for Web/Client Server platform with ClearQuest as the bug tracking entry and tracking tool
- Updated and ran scripts for Synchronization and checkpoints internal and external sites for every release
- Kept reports for every release of incident reports using Track Gear reporting tool and wrote release contents
Software Quality Assurance Engineer/Business Analyst
- Responsible for Order Management Warehouse Implementation using Confidential AS/400
- Converted Windows environment to SIEBEL Web application for 10 national call center computer networks
- Provided requirements gathering for Illustration and Administration Systems
- Provided backend AS/400 development supporting SIEBEL application and wrote application requirements
- Wrote Master SIEBEL test plan for SIEBEL client application and wrote test cases for SIEBEL end user application and AS/400 client side application
- Used Rational ClearQuest for software incident reporting and Rational software RUP for all releases
- Wrote Call Center Process and Procedure documents for all call center users
- Served as the data warehouse application requirements writer for AS/400 inventory system
Software Quality Assurance Engineer/Deployment Engineer
- Provided client server testing on a UNIX platform/HP11.0 with ORACLE for Bell South (TMM/NI)
- Responsible for integration and regression test scripts using Perl and provided Tier 3 level support
- Wrote automated scripts using Perl, VBScript,
- Worked on Several Application across the board like Ncon, Lfacs, PICS and multiple Cross Functional testing.
- Provided Journal Entry testing on Mainframe Rumba, using COBOL for MVS, VSAM, TSO, CA7TP
- Wrote Methods and Procedures, Customer Acceptance Test Plan, Operation Manuals and Release Content Letters
- Converted TOPCOM to MQSeries and automated test plan 70% using SILK, X-Runner, WinRunner and MYNAH4
- Installed and tested major subsystem for entire Telecom network and deployed network provisioning software
- Provided CLEC/ILEC testing for Certification Process of Local Service Request and Asynchronous Service Request
- Tested FCIF to EDI format transmissions with trading partners and used CAMEL CORE IVR (IP) and Ontrac System
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes