- 5+ years of experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of QA testing strategy for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual and Automated testing.
- Well versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC ).
- Experience on both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Identified software defects and maintained defect life cycle till its closure.
- Worked in a dynamic Scrum Agile process with two week iterations and actively participated in all Agile ceremonies.
- Participat ed in full SDLC as a member of a Scrum team attending daily stand - ups and other required meetings
- Worked closely with developers and business analysts to write the Acceptance criteria, automated test and production code for stories from the backlog using the Three Amigos technique.
- Automated the Test Cases using Java, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Cucumber
- Developed Acceptance tests for features and stories using Gherkin language on Cucumber .
- Implemented best practices of java OOP features while creating the common library for the Java based Testing Framework with Cucumber to run the Acceptance tests.
- Created Page Object repository to store elements and methods for Application Behaviors on different pages for maximum reusability.
- Experienced with various types of testing e.i. Functional Testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, End to End Testing, UI testing.
- Exposure to SoapUI to test XML Web Services. Well versed with SOAP architect and WSDL .
- Testing RESTful web services using SOAP UI, Rest Client UI and Rest-Assured API
- Experienced in executing SQL queries in order to view successful transaction of data and for validating data.
- Execute manual test cases and scripts for the products under development using test management/ tracking tools like ALM QC, JIRA.
- Experience in building automated test scripts using UFT/QTP automation testing tool, integrating with HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Knowledge on Descriptive Programming, Utility objects usage in UFT, Automation object model through scripting using VBScript, UFT Reporter object and methods for customizing the results.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
Programming languages: Java, VBScript, SQL
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP UFT 11.5, CucumberWeb Technologies: HTML, XML, ASP.NET
Unit Test Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG
Build Tools: Apache Ant, Maven.
Continuous integration Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Testing Management Tool: ALM 11.5, JIRA
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, Mysql
Repository System: Git, CVS, SVN, GitHub
- Involved in developing the test cases, test data and test scripts .
- Creation, management, and execution of test cases in Microsoft Test Manager
- Work closely with developers, Business Analyst, Architects and Project Manager to understand Portal Project.
- Develop Test Scripts to test the functionality of the application using Selenium Web driver .
- Designed/maintained Maven project written on Java to develop and execute Acceptance Tests from Cucumber feature files
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit & Maven.
- Execute automation scripts on different browsers/environments & reported defects/results to the team.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver to automate manual testing solutions.
- Locator ’ s strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Create and maintain Generic API for the framework and its modules managed by Maven.
- Extensively use JDBC to perform DB testing from Java
- Used Apache libraries for importing/exporting data to external applications
- Create custom and e-mailable HTML and text reports of test runs including screenshots
- Actively participated in daily Scrum stand-ups.
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process
- Extensively used my SQL proficiency during data migrations.
- Extended Selenium WebDriver using Java OOP features in order to create customized WebDriver specific to test requirements
- Developed Automation Scripts in Selenium IDE for Functional testing and Regression Testing.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Eclipse, Maven, Git, Jenkins, HTML, XML, Oracle, UNIX and Windows.
- Involved in corporate transitioning from waterfall to Agile Scrum model, provided inputs during grooming and User Story Sessions .
- Analyzed the User Stories and provided inputs for clear Acceptance Criteria to ensure Testability of User Stories.
- Implemented automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, Maven, JUnit.
- Implemented Page Objects framework, Hybrid framework from scratch.
- Developed Keyword Driven and Data Driven framework to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases.
- Configured Maven for Java automation projects and developed Maven project object model ( POM ).
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior’s and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Created SQL queries, connected to database and generated test reports.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Worked in a dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Actively took part in Daily stand ups meetings, Sprint planning, Sprint retrospective and Sprint reviews .
- Implemented Jenkins jobs to designed to run the Regression test suite and Smoke tests in development and test environments and generate reports.
- Worked in pairs with developers to write Cucumber feature files and develop Selenium test scripts to automate the stories during development as part of Test Driven Development.
- Implemented multi browser testing to ensure cross browser compatibility.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver / IDE / Oracle 11g, Eclipse IDE, JUnit, Cucumber, Maven, Jenkins, windows 7, Firefox 30, Internet Explorer 10, Chrome 45.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Involvement in the System Test Plan Preparation and Requirements Streamlining.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional Testing, using Black box Testing Techniques.
- Involved in Regression Testing using UFT testing tool
- Used SQL queries to test the integrity of data by querying the database.
- Involvement in Test Execution, Result Analyzing and Defect Reporting
- Extensively used Application Life Cycle Management on daily basis for creating test cases, tagging requirements, executing test cases and defect tracking.
- Analyzed functional requirements and translated them to the test cases as a manual tester.
- Supported UAT test issued by working with end-users and technical staffs and documented UAT test results.
- Developed the test scenarios from the product stories and created test cases for them and uploading them in Quality Center.
- Developed Hybrid framework using UFT / QTP and generic keywords were implemented.
- Managed Test activities by executing the test cases using Quality Center.
- Reported bugs using Quality Center and worked closely with development team for the closure of these bugs before release.
- Automated test cases by record and playback using Quick Test Professional.
- Executed manual test cases and logged defect .
- Involved in Back end testing by using SQL Quires.
- Retested the defect once the defect is fixed.
- Performed functional regression testing using QTP.
- Performed various tests such as positive, negative to check business functionality manually.
- Interacted with the development team to assure that all the defects are addressed.
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing.
Environment: Unified Functional Testing (UFT), HP Quality Center, SQL, VBScript, Windows