- 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing (Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, UAT).
- Experience creating test plans and test scripts using HP ALM for converting business requirements into functional requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in testing tools such as HP ALM..
- 10+ years of experience in software designing, development and maintenance with Mainframe applications using COBOL language.
- Complete knowledge of the processes of managing a Software system throughout the entire life cycle. Ability to participate in all stages of the Software Development life cycle.
- Core knowledge of data processing concepts and financial services/banking operations practices.
- Experienced with Web - based application testing.
- Participated in Go-Live by validating the program after deployment and supporting the program in warranty by working issue tickets
- Experienced in planning, designing and developing technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements.
- Dedicated, highly motivated, determined, reliable and thorough. Highly capable with demonstrated ability to maintain functioning under pressure.
- Capability to apply wide technical and practical skills on COBOL and DB2.
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, problem solving and management skills with the ability to organize activities in fast speedy team environment.
- Able to study new technologies and tricky concepts rapidly and execute them.
- Self-starter and goal oriented.
- Able to apply good and efficient logic, while writing software programs.
- Work independently and need less supervision
- A proactive team player with an ability to work under tight schedule with high stress tolerance and willing to learn and take on challenging opportunities
Languages: COBOL, SQL, CICS, JCL, PROC, XML, HTML, MQ Series, Oracle, Java, Microsoft Visual Basic
Operating Systems: IBM MVS(OS/390) V2R10, Z/OS, UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000, SAP
Tools: TSO/ISPF, QMF, File-Aid, Changeman, IDCAMS, SPUFI, WinSQL, Easytrieve, Xpediter, Step generator, QTP, FTP, NDM, File Manager, Pentaho, Eclipse, ICETOOL, CA7, Abend-Aid, Platinum tool for DB2, Load runner, Job trac, IEBGENER, Facets, Sybase, Sync sort, InterTest, Peregrine Service Center, SDSF, Mercury HP ALM, MS Office Applications, Order Management, CA7 Job Scheduler, Splunk, Sharepoint
Software methodologies: Waterfall, Scrum, Agile
Databases: IMS, DB2, Microsoft SQL server 2008, Oracle 10i, MS Access
Senior QA Analyst
- Perform System Integration testing, Regression, Performance testing and UAT.
- Define and document test plans and test cases by evaluating functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work with System Engineers for bug issues and retest fixes.
- Coordinate with Project Manager test timelines and test activities.
- Run tests, review results, and create reports for Business and Project stakeholders.
- Executes manual tests and evaluate results.
- Manage status of defects in HP ALM and provide status updates to the team on a regular basis.
- Help troubleshoot issues that arise during project lifecycle and operations.
- Attend/conduct team meetings with the IT teams, business teams, and vendors to discuss testing activities and updates.
- Create reports to capture test progress for projects.
- Conducts reviews with development team and business users of test cases.
- Build strong relationship with Business and Tech teams.
Environment: Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, Oracle, Facets, Sybase, MS Visio, MS Office, Sharepoint, HP ALM, SQL, Agile
Senior IT Systems Analyst
- Work with business segments to better define project requirements for development and implementation
- Participate during Functional and End-to-end testing by providing test files and validates test results.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Support during testing phase by validating test defects and provide resolution to the problem.
- Translate requirements to design and maintain technical specifications.
- Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Write SQL queries to extract Data from Tables to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Analyzes processes to ensure maximum availability through change and problem management - review changes effecting complete implementation and test/back out plans, and coordinates enterprise-wide changes to ensure consistent, repeatable results.
- Research and evaluate technology solutions and present recommendations for improved system operation.
- Exposure with attending project meetings and working with large/small teams, Project managers, team members/associates, Business Analysts, Statisticians, and Internal customers/end users, working with multiple tasks.
- Developed detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications.
Environment: Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, Oracle, Facets, Sybase, MS Visio, MS Office, Sharepoint
Confidential, Maryland Heights, MO
Sr. Programmer/ QA Analyst
- Provide support for testing which includes inter testing, unit testing, and system testing.
- Involved in System testing and attending to the tracker raised and resolving them in time.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving packages
- Responsible for Test Execution (Unit, System, Integration and User Acceptance Testing) in mainframe applications as well as in Web applications.
- Implemented CA-7 batch schedule changes to avoid contentions with batch jobs and Online CICS transactions.
- Experience in using NDM/FTP tools to transfer data to Broadridge.
- Experienced in using Mercury QC as a testing tool for defect tracking and storing test plans.
- Participate in the complete project lifecycle up to and including Project implementation
- Monitor COBOL programs/jobs and ensure that functionality is align to Business requirements.
- Developed code, system design and test/QA plans for all solutions and coordinated with respective teams.
- Enhance Online and Batch modules in COBOL, DB2, JCL and PROC
- Responsible for the support of the functionality of the tool used by all branches in providing quality service to the Clients.
- Provide on-call support on rotational basis 24/7.
- Analyze problems in production by working with the end-users and provide resolutions.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal Business users, Internal IT support groups and vendors to achieve project goals.
- Document the test results into HP ALM after execution of manual testing.
- Participated in Peer reviews of Designs, Code, test results.
- Work involves fixing abends such as Space abends, File contention errors, VSAM space abends, DB2 abends, and CICS abends.
- Analyzing modifications, finding affected list of programs and homogenous implementation.
- Handling Ad-hoc requests.
- Assist with troubleshooting and modifying services with changes brought on by new service versions, implementing new or changed requirements, diagnosing and fixing errors found internally and externally, increasing maintainability or reliability to prevent future issues.
Environment: Mainframe, JCL, PROC, COBOL, IDD, DB2, SDSF,Oracle, Eclipse, ICETOOL, SYNCSORT, Abend-Aid, CICS, CA7, MS Office, HP ALM, UNIX, JAVA, Intertest, Platinum tool for DB2, Peregrine Service Center, NDM, Splunk
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Assigned to conduct Volume testing for all Trading Partners that will be converted to Confidential
- Conduct Functional testing through running Mainframe jobs that will create XMLs and EDI dataset to verify existing functionalities were not altered and are working as expected.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
- Escalate issues detected during Volume and Functional testing.
- Involved in preparing test plan for Independent Unit testing and Work Package testing.
- Worked with IT and Business management to evaluate complex user requests, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Formulate detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology.
- Prepare project documentation when needed. Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture.
Environment: Mainframe, JCL, PROC, COBOL, DB2, File Manager, CICS, SDSF, EDI, HPQC
Confidential, Maryland Heights, MO
Sr. Programmer/ Analyst
- Analyze and design code according to User Requirement.
- Develop a process through Pentaho that will extract data from Oracle database and translate to files, which will be send to Mainframe for processing.
- Worked on existing production issues and update code/jobs as a resolution to the problem
- Worked with user to come up with a defined process on creating reports for Canadian clients
- Conduct code walkthroughs to assure the quality of programs developed by other associates
- Involved in Production support activities. Ensured the batch cycle gets completed in time. Also, fixed the issues within the time mentioned in Service Level Agreements.
- Developed code fixes and enhancements for inclusion in future code releases and patches.
- Experience in using NDM/FTP tools to transfer data to Broadridge.
Environment: Mainframe, JCL, PROC, COBOL, IDD, DB2, Oracle, Eclipse, ICETOOL, SYNCSORT, Abend-Aid, CICS, CA7, MS Office, HP ALM, Pentaho, Peregrine Service Center, Agile
Sr. Programmer/ Analyst
- Worked on existing code/create new programs based on User requirements
- Create and Promote new INFOPAC reports for reconciliation
- Conduct code walkthrough of other associates program to ensure standards were followed and requirements were met.
- Work with IT and Business users to evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Used Mercury QC as a testing and defect tracking tool.
Environment: Mainframe, JCL, PROC, COBOL, IDD, DB2, Oracle, Eclipse, ICETOOL, SYNCSORT, Abend-Aid, CICS, CA7, MS Office, HP ALM, Pentaho, SDSF, Agile
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Analyzed Business Requirement, Technical design documents and designed Test plan, Test Execution Plan & Test cases for Functionality testing
- Document software defects through HPQC and report defects to software developers.
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in accordance with Nestle standards, processes and best practices.
- Used Nestle in-house developed testing tools to develop and execute test cases
- Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design specification and production implementation.
- Detected & reported bugs using Nestles Lotus Notes database
- Carried out issue tracking/update meetings and provided progress reports in weekly basis
- Worked in a development team in investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results on Mainframe-based applications.
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place.
- Contributed in developing application support documents
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different DB2 Test databases.
- Provide weekly status reports and project estimates to management detailing out project status from a development perspective.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
Environment: SAP, Mainframe, XML, Windows XP, Lotus Notes, WinSQL, JCL, PROC, COBOL, DB2, SDSF, ICETOOL, SYNCSORT, Agile, JAVA, Web-based application
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Used HP ALM to perform a test plan, track executions against plan throughout testing and handle faults from start to resolution.
- Coordinated and Provide support on the monthly Regression End-to-End test for the processing and invoicing of Standard and EDI orders from mainframe going to SAP.
- Work with automation team to help building regression test suit for application
- Assist automation team in troubleshooting issues during Test execution.
- Tracked defects in HP ALM and ensure defects were prioritized and addressed.
- Point of contact for the escalation of issues as they arose (last minute scope changes, possible show stopper defects, environment issues, test data issues).
- Served as the SME for functional and system testing and verified that testing was accurately executed, documented, and results communicated to the appropriate teams before handing off to UAT.
- Provide functional testing on scenarios such as Order-to-Cash (OTC).
Environment: SAP MM, SAP SD, SAP Financial Services modules, JAVA, Web based application, COBOL, Mainframe, Oracle, XML, Windows XP, WinSQL, Load runner, DB2, HP ALM, QTP
Team Lead/Analyst Programmer
- Team leader on numerous projects utilizing COBOL mainframe applications to create fully integrated client management systems.
- Oversee all stages of design, development, and deployment of new COBOL-based application system for financial-services industry to fulfill the requirements of one or more user areas.
- Mentored other analysts teaching the software development life cycle and stressed importance of having a solid process in place.
- Expert in meeting and setting deadlines, developing and planning methods based on Business Requirements
- Lead day-to-day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
- Programmed and designed financial systems in a Mainframe environment.
- Developed programs in a Mainframe environment that have helped the financial institution as most integrated and technologically advanced in the state.
- Work directly with management, vendors, and third parties to ensure that financial batch transactions and database management applications operate at peak efficiency.
- Managed teams of four coworkers on separate projects, ensuring projects were completed on time and within budget.
- Implemented a new promo-issuance system that encourages more people to be an active member of the financial institution.
- Provided functional and technical support throughout the entire development cycle and ensuring the content of the application remains intact as additional functionality is introduced
- Worked with System Architect and Team Leads in creating high-level designs that follow architectural standards and conform to the overall portfolio design requirements.
- Worked closely with onshore team all throughout the Project development and implementation.
- Actively participated in cross-specialist meetings and be proactive in taking responsibility for assisting the System Architects in resolving cross application issues
- Provided the management with Test metrics, report, milestones, timelines and schedules, which helps the Business to accurately planned projects that reduce wasted time.
- 24/7 Production support and on-call pager support schedule
Environment: IBM MVS(OS/390), TSO/ISPF, COBOL, SQL, CICS, JCL, PROC, XML, MQ, Job Trac, File-Aid
Database Administrator Assistant
- Maintain the integrity of database and ensure that data were updated properly and promptly.
- Assigned to create weekly, monthly and Quarterly Reports of Tech Support Services provided by the team and total sales of Microsoft Products.
- Enter customer information in Siebel