Senior Qa Engineer Resume
Long Island, NY
- To successfully leverage my professional experience and education while handling highly responsible positions with a strategic role in decision - making
- Over 6 years of experience as a Quality Assurance professional in Automation and Manual Testing for all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) that includes designing and implementing test plans, test cases, test execution, defect reporting and tracking. Expertise in developing Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Cucumber, TestNG for web-based and mobile applications.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile and Waterfall etc.
- Exceptional knowledge in handling Automation Testing tools in Selenium Test Suite that includes Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid and Selenium IDE and also using HP UFT / QTP, JIRA, Version One, Nunit, SpecFlow, HP-ALM Quality Center, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins, Bamboo, Postman and SOAPUI.
- Actively involved with Agile Scrum and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, removing obstacles to progress, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments
- Experienced in Automated testing by implementing various automation frameworks such as Page Object, Data Driven, Behavior Driven(BDD), Test Driven(TDD) and Hybrid Driven Frameworks for developing automation test scripts in Selenium using C#, SpecFlow, TDD, BDD.
- Used Web-debugging tools like Firebug, Fire Path and WebDriver Element Locator to locate elements and experienced in handling multiple windows, Alerts and Pop-ups with Selenium for Cross browser testing.
- Performed web services testing both SOAP and REST with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON.
- Proficient in all types of testing such as Functional Testing, Unit testing, Integration testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Re-testing, GUI Testing, Back end Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, User Acceptance, Cross Browser and Build Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in designing Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Data, Test case Execution, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Preparation of Test Summary Report and Defect Logging and huddle calls.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software Testing Life Cycle & Bug Life Cycle.
- Experience working with CI Tools like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins
- Experience in Code reviews and good knowledge on using Repository Hosting services like GitHub, BitBucket, Source Depot.
- Using Spring Framework written Java Coding for API Testing using Post. Performed Java Web Services testing for REST API Calls. Performed API Testing using Rest Client and SOAP UI.
- Work with Application team to connect and bring automation test cases within the continuous integration process.
- Well versed in working with different kinds of database management systems like SQL Server, MySQL.
- Thorough Understanding of Unix/Linux/Windows Environment.
- Experience in analyzing business requirements, functional specifications and use cases to understand the end user requirements in order to validate both functionality and supporting business processes.
- Actively involved in Positive and Negative testing to ensure the process being fully tested, including additional scenarios that may not be covered in test plans for better test coverage.
- Excellent Organization, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to learn new technologies.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills. Technically sound, Result-Oriented with strong Problem solving skills. Innovative & efficient. Capable of working as a Team Member or Individually with minimum supervision.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/SCRUM, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Test NG, JUnit, Cucumber, SoapUI, Appium
Test Build & Integration Details: Maven, ANT, Jenkins, Bamboo
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model (POM)
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, Gherkin, Apex(force.com)
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
Defect Tracking Tools: HP QC/HP ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Web Services: REST, SOAP, SOAP UI
Version Control Tools: GitHub, SVN, Bitbucket
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Senior QA Engineer
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning, Release Planning meeting and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed test scripts for end-to-end testing based on Business Requirements and also interacting with the client.
- Wrote test case for manual and automation testing and tested applications using both manual and automated tools
- Develop automation framework both Data driven and Hybrid using Selenium WebDriver in Java and performing unit testing by using JUnit.
- Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Integrate Automation scripts Selenium WebDriver API on continuous integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Perform Web Service Testing using JSON and XML, RESTful API automation with GET/POST/PUT/DELETE.
- Defined Feature files with Scenario Outlines using Gherkins, defined Spec Flow Pages, Step Definitions using Selenium C#
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, Maven build and create selenium scripts in java using TestNg prior to agile release.
- Experience on working tools like Swagger, Postman, RestSharp.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source control GIT.
- Experience in Acceptance testing and UI functional testing using Perfecto with extension of Appium and Java as scripting language.
- Performed performance and load testing using JMETER.
- Through my expertise knowledge implemented Dynamic Object/Element identification by XPATH, Regular Expression, CSS Selector and Document Object Model (DOM).
- Actively involved in backend testing by developing/executing complex SQL queries and stored procedures, and Used JDBC as a connector between application and database.
- Environments Performed Cross-platform, UI testing for Native and Hybrid Mobile apps using Appium.
- Performed compatibility testing using Sauc elabs
- Work with Software Development Lifecycle tools such as JIRA, Stash, Confluence, Bamboo, QTest, Zephyr.
- Attended QA Sync Up Meetings between other QA Team members that were in India and Our Reporting Managers.
- Experienced in managing the Offshore teams.
Environment: Java, C# TestNG, XUnit, RTG, Selenium Web Driver, Java, SOAP UI, Restful Web Services, SOAP, REST, HTML, Java Script, CSS, SQL Developer, Rally, Agile, Appium, Sauce labs, Perfecto, Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven
Confidential, Lansing, MI
Senior QA Engineer
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Performed GUI functional and sanity testing manually for each new build of the application
- Followed Agile/Scrum Process throughout the SDLC.
- Planning and execution of Installation Testing, Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing and security testing.
- Planning all the testing activities (Test Planning, Test Estimation and scheduling of QA activities, Test Strategy, Test Case Design, Requirements Traceability matrix, Review, execution and Reports)
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple platforms to ensure that language translation and currency conversions were displaying as required.
- Experience with UFT(QTP) and competent to convert UFT test scripts to Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium Webdriver using Java programming language and TestNG Configured ANT for JAVA automation projects and for project object model (POM).
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Used core JAVA for writing Selenium Web Driver tests for the web application and TestNG framework.
- Developing Appium scripts for native and hybrid Android/iOS apps using Java
- Used perfecto tool to run the scripts in mobile devices and desktop
- Used GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team in overseas.
- Developed and automated Web Services API testing.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analyst to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS
- Reported bugs using JIRA bug-tracking system
- Back End testing using SQL Queries.
- Executing the test cases (manual and automated) and reporting the bugs in QC/ALM.
Environment: Rally, Agile, Java, J2EE, C# TestNG, XUnit, RTG, Selenium Web Driver, Java, SOAP UI, Restful Web Services, SOAP, REST, HTML, Java Script, CSS, Oracle, SQL, Appium, Sause labs, Perfecto, Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Reviewing and analyzing business requirements and technical specifications to come up with Testing Scope.
- Responsible for Manual, Automation using Selenium Web Driver, Scrum and System Testing of the application at various stages
- Analyzed the specifications from Business view and Functional view of the application.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings, discussed with Business Analysts and Developers about requirement gaps, defects and blocking issues.
- Performed manual and automation scripts development on agile process.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAPUI with REST to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Performed automated acceptance tests written in TDD(Test Driven Development) using cucumber.
- Validated the customer account records and their order details with Databases using SQL Queries.
- Prepared the Test Suite with the TestNG framework based on Java and developed the test scripts using TestNG annotations.
- Used Rally & ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) effectively for defect tracking and for User story tracking.
- Designed and developed automated test solutions using UFT(QTP) tools by enhancing Hybrid Framework based on the project requirements.
- Extensively worked with End-to- end testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver
- Involved in mobile testing by writing java for automation through Selenium Appium.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Used Apache POI methods for writing to excel sheets in java. knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Github.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS, Locators.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and bug fixes. Written modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developed developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, SOAP UI, ANT, Agile, Firebug, Firepath, XPath, Eclipse, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows, Java, J2EE
- Analyzed the user requirements by interacting with system architect, developers and business users.
- Suggested improvements in test process by gathering and analyzing data.
- Reviewed and analyzed Detail Designed Specification and Technical Specification documents.
- Worked In-sprint Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution.
- Analyzed the SRS (System Requirement Specifications) and developed Test Suites to cover the overall quality assurance testing.
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycles.
- Prepared Test Cases with the complete description of requirements, uploaded test cases and report results into Test Director.
- Developed a complete automated functional test framework utilizing Java, TestNG and Selenium.
- Used Testing Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP and REST based web services to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance tests
- Performed Manual Testing to check flow of the application.
- During testing life cycle, performed different types of testing like System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Assisted on developing and maintaining robust and effective Page Object Model Framework
- Validated Android (Mobile) applications, client server applications
- Involved in Cross Browser Compatibility Testing
- Created Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Implemented Maven for build management and also implemented CI tool - Jenkins.
- Identifying bugs and interacted with QA Lead and Developers to resolve the issues of on bugs.
- Participated in QA Team meetings and weekly QA testing reviews.
- Built a test management, results viewer and asset portal in Java using TestNG that allows users to design and manage their manual and automated tests and easily view results from executions and overall progress.
- Worked on Agile software development environment where performed testing in each sprint.
- Involved in defect tracking and reporting using Quality Center.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, SOAP, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, SQL.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes