- Over 6 years of IT experience in QA Automation Testing.
- Good knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and STLC.
- Experience with System, Sanity, Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Experience in writing Test Strategies, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios and Test Summary Reports for Manual Testing, Automation Testing.
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Proficient on Automation tools like QTP, Selenium and TestNG framework with Maven for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Good Knowledge on Frameworks like Hybrid Framework and design patterns like Page Object Model (with and without page factory).
- Experience in Agile Project Environment, actively participated in SCRUM - related meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and demos)
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming concepts, JDBC, Servlets and extensively used Java for test case automation.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using HP Quality Center, JIRA and Effecta.
- Experience in writing DML and DDL statements on databases like Oracle and SQL Server.
- Expertise in using Selenium Web Driver to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Good Knowledge in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver UI) on Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Good knowledge on Repositories like GitHub and SVN.
- Experience in using QTP 10.0 integrated environment (Object Repository, Data Table, Actions, Recovery scenarios, Methods etc...
- Experience in using VB script to create automation test scripts and developing and maintaining methods for Test Data
- Good programming skills in Java, VB Scripting, Oracle and C#.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Ability to adopt to new methodologies, tools, technologies and domains depending on the job responsibilities.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/WebDriver, Quick Test Pro (QTP)/ALM
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Page Object Model (POM with page factory)
Web Services: SoapUI, Rest API, Apache POI services
Build Tool: Ant, Maven.
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (QC), Effecta, JIRA Repository Git, GITHUB, SVN
Agile: Scrum, Waterfall.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Languages: JAVA, VB Script, HTML, XML. C#
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MYSQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows (XP& 7, 8)
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in understanding and reviewing requirements, creating the use cases, documenting all the requirements with each use case number and linking test cases with the requirements.
- Performed the testing of Web methods in TestNG and Testing framework using Selenium Web Driver.
- Executed the test scripts using Selenium Web Driver validate the actual and expected results Responsible for Automation Scripts & library functions maintenance.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and Web Driver.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG & Maven; created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Maven to build the Project. Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium Web Driver, Maven and TestNG.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Developed automated testing suite in SOA test and SOAP UI for Rest API testing.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Used GIT as version control system.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, Ant, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Page Object Model, agile, Internet Explorer, Firebug, Firefox, Chrome, Git, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Buffalo Network
Associate Test Engineer
- Creating and enhancing numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the Tested application and in the test environment.
- Manually perform Functional testing including Security, System testing, Smoke testing and Back-end testing.
- Performed manual testing on new and existing functionality in each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Participated in SCRUM-related meeting (sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and demos).
- Design, develop and implement Hybrid automation testing framework utilizing Java, and Selenium Web Driver) and test execution using TestNG.
- Used Firebug to test web based application with Selenium commands and locators inside the application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium Web Driver by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium Web Driver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG).
- Used Maven for building Hybrid Test Automation Framework project and maintained Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Used Apache POI services to read the data from the excel files.
- Used Properties files to maintain the entire element locators used in the framework.
- Used Jenkins as version tool for automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) with Maven.
- Used GIT as Source version control tool, Eclipse as IDE and Log4j is used for logging different types of messages.
- Used HP Quality Center to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Used Jira as bug tracking tool and to store all testing results, metrics, implemented test plan document, created test cases, Defect tracking and reporting.
- Used JDBC inside the selenium script to write SQL queries and to generate reports.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, TestNG, Apache POI Jenkins, XPath, Jira, HP Quality Center, HTMLXML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential , SanFrancisco
Associate Test Engineer
- Develop, enhance, and execute the test scripts using QTP.
- Creation of automation scenarios and Test cases.
- Implemented complex test case scenarios using regression tests and enhanced the code for the corresponding test case and modified using VB scripting in QTP.
- Developed Test Scripts using Functional Requirement Documents. Test scenarios are created for Positive, Negative, Boundary cases, etc. Performed all types of testing on workflows.
- Prepare Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Preparing Functional/regression Test Cases/Scripts in HP Quality Center.
- Reviewed Test Requirements and Creating Test Strategy documents.
- Identifying the Defect and Reporting the logged defect through HP Quality Center.
- Involved on testing the new functionality based on test cases and coordinated with development team in fixing the issues, Defect Management by Logging and Tracking bugs during execution in Test lab.
- Creation of the effective test reports by evaluating test results.
- Executing smoke tests for feature developments.
- Performed trouble shooting & fixing the issues in assigned projects.
- Executed with Sanity, Functional, and Regression tests to verify functionalities.
- Documented product functionalities for further use of team.
- Reported using QA Status reports, Defect Log reports, Traceability reports and Test execution and results Reports.
Environment: QTP 9.5, VBScript, HP Quality Center, SQL and Windows.
- Requirement analysis and design.
- Involved as team member in coding.
- Involving in client side & server-side validations.
- Responsible for creating interactive web pages using JSP and Servlets.
- Implemented Search criteria using JSP and Servlets.
- Practiced backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, daily standups, impediment removal
- Tracked and reported on project progress.
- Extensive Agile and Scrum experience.
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management methodology.
Environment: Java, JDBC, JSP, Struts, Eclipse, Oracle, Tomcat.