Software Qa / Tester Resume
Sleepy Hollow, NY
Professional in an IT environment as a QA Tester. Experienced in testing software, web/mobile applications, operating systems, hardware and networks. Over 3 years of experience in the Insurance Industry with proven record of performance as an individual contributor as well as effective team player to achieve a common goal. Meticulous, attention to details and effective communicator, skills developed on the job and as a member of Toastmasters International.
Expertise: Technical Specification Analysis, Test Plans & Cases, Defect & Bug DiscoveryFunctional, Acceptance, Performance, Integration, Regression and Load Testing, Tracking, Logging & Reporting, Issue Identification & Documentation
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, IssueTrak, Light Automation and SQL background
Web Browser: IE9/10/11, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari
Software: Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Visual Studio, Lotus Notes, VMware, Peachtree
OS: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Linux Fedora, Linux Ubuntu
Software QA / Tester
Confidential, Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Developed and executed test plans and test cases for multiple Portal websites developed, sponsored and maintained by New York Life for its third party administrators, group insured administrators and policyholders.
- Performed functional/performance testing on applications using manual testing.
- Assisted in overall configuration, coordination, troubleshooting of customized applications.
- Developed and executed test plans and test cases in the upgrade process for LifeSuite software (an internal Medical Underwriting system) from 5.0 to 7.0 version, and tested it in Unit, Model and Production environments.
- Provided online inquiry capabilities and standard reporting tools and assisted in overall ARES upgrade.
- Worked closely with the vendor (StoneRiver) to assure perfect communication of the LifeSuite, FileNet and DataCap systems in Unit, Model and Production environments.
- Performed functional testing on multi browsers for portal and underwriting applications.
- Identifying errors and log reporting in JIRA and IssueTrak.
- Participate in daily status meetings on QA testing progress.
Service Area Consultant
Confidential, Sleepy Hollow, NY
- Assisted with the transition of application process and paper records to digital.
- Sorted, organized and shipped company's paper records to storage facility.
- Supported underwriters and service associates in daily tasks, projects and activities as directed.
- Software: ARES, Omni - Rim, Rumba, Microsoft Office, IBM Lotus, MAC, DMS
IT Help Desk Intern
Confidential, New York, NY
- Coordinated office move and relocation of IT infrastructure: racking all the equipment, wiring the network, servers, workstations and troubleshot network equipment and set up computers, ensuring connectivity and functionality.
- Configured and maintained network devices, computers, printers, routers, access points.
- Diagnosed and repaired both hardware and software on Windows and Mac computers.
- Installed and upgraded Operating Systems and Software on Windows and Mac computers.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes