- Pro - active IT professional with over twenty years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing. Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) for various industries including business services, telecommunications, software, Supply Chain Finance, and retail.
- 13+ years of configuration development experience in the retail industry using Oracle’s RPAS Configuration Tools and server.
- Solid QA background in Windows, Client/Server, Web, and Mainframe environments performing both manual and automated testing
- Solid experience in unit, functional, system, integration, smoke, back-end, regression, and usability testing.
- Highly motivated individual that takes a proactive approach and accountability of assigned tasks.
- Collaborative but decisive personal style; effective communicator and problem solver. Team player successful in building partnerships with colleagues and help motivate cross-organizational teams.
Microsoft Office Professional, Jira, Confluence, SQL Server 2012, POSTMAN, UNIX, PuTTY, FileZilla, BugZilla, Remedy, XML Editors, RPAS Configuration Tools, RPAS Client, ClearCase and ClearQuest, Tortoise SVN, HPQC, Jenkins, Selenium (some hands on and classroom training), WinRunner (classroom training), LoadRunner (classroom training), Visio
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Created and catalogued all QA related documents and videos within Confluence
- Coordinated all testing efforts for an API that connected PrimeRevenue’s main products. This was the first ever attempt at doing this at PrimeRevenue, and was very successful. POSTMAN was used as the testing tool.
- Co-led Single Sign On/Common Authentication QA efforts.
Confidential, Johns Creek, GA
Sr. Configuration Developer / Team Lead
- Created and integrated thousands of application components using Oracle’s RPAS Configuration Tools. Applied proven QC and QA techniques during development that ensured a well-built application was being handed over to our QA group, and end users. Created and executed software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes. These efforts led to:
- Prevention of hundreds of application defects by applying solid QA techniques during Unit testing and by partnering with QA team during all other testing phases (black box and white box testing).
- Discovered method for quickly creating and manipulating data for Unit and other testing methods, which saved considerable time and money. This resulted in me being awarded a Confidential ’s Star award for innovative and creative thinking. Awarded four other awards during my tenor at Confidential ’s for innovation, team player, and driving and making results.
- Conducted formal and informal use case and product design reviews throughout the SDLC to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged my QA and development backgrounds to communicate effectively with development, QA, business analyst, and project management teams, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member.
- To end the guessing game of what rules and calculations were created when, I took the initiative and created a filterable spreadsheet containing many thousands of rows that listed all rules and calculations by release. This was a much-needed means of identifying when rules and calculations were created, modified, and/or removed. The entire project team gained immediate benefit from this spreadsheet.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Quality Control Analyst / Team Lead
- Served as team lead for all Quality Control (QC) and QA activities within the assigned product group.
- Primary responsibilities: planning, creation, and execution of the test strategy on medium to large complex projects.
- Assigned product had Java GUI and C++ backend.
- Testing was conducted in online and batch environments utilizing: Windows NT/XP for front end, and UNIX, AIX, Sun, HP, and NT for back end.
- Responsibilities also included the entry and tracking of all product related defects, and producing and maintaining all project related metrics.
- Worked closely with project and development teams to ensure QC procedures were being followed during all phases of the product development life cycle.
- Built QC infrastructure from ground up within the product group
- Built and executed plans for white box and black box testing cycles.
- Led other team members during all phases of the product development life cycle
- Single point of contact for all quality control related issues and concerns within the product group
- Led the Atlanta office in the conversion from Bugzilla to the Remedy defect tracking system
- Led the effort to convert test case documentation from Microsoft Excel to Test Director
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Senior Software Test Engineer/Team Lead
- Coordinated all aspects of QA on a large-scale wireless telecom point of sale (POS) system in a client/server environment.
- Responsibilities included: schedule management, comprehensive test plan development, test execution (manual and automated), defect management, and result analysis.
- Led team of three or four QA associates during all phases of the product development life cycle
- Served as QA subject matter expert within Telecoms division
- Managed development of test plans based upon customer usage scenarios (use cases), requirements documentation, and functional specifications
- Led QA efforts in obtaining and maintaining ISO quality certification