- Over 6 years of Experience in Manual and Automation testing.
- Solid experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Proficient with Agile - Scrum, Waterfall, V-model methodologies.
- Experience in Automation and Black Box testing including: Smoke, Functional, Performance, System, GUI, Regression, Back-End, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to analyze and understand complex requirement documents, Proficient in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Reports, Requirement Traceability Matrix and other Test Artifacts.
- Experience in logging, prioritizing, retesting and tracking defects using Jira and HP ALM.
- Participated in writing Root Cause Analysis and Test Analyses Report, provided suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects.
- Participated in Triage, Sprint review, Scrum, Sprint retrospective, and BA walkthrough meetings.
- Experience in writing SQL queries and different Joins on multiple tables to perform BackEnd Testing.
- Extracted FIX Logs using Linux Terminal, analyzed logs and compared them with the data inputted at the front end with backend.
- Extensively used VeriFix tool for End to End, regression and performance testing.
- Strong knowledge of Trade Life Cycle, Proficient in working and analyzing Fix massages, Operating Electronic Trading Platforms (OMS) and Electronic Communication Networks (ECN).
- Solid knowledge of Capital Markets and Financial Products.
- Highly Experienced in testing Buy Side of Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income and FX trading.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization.
- Dedicated, highly motivated, result-oriented in delivering quality software solutions and strategies to achieve high level of software quality that exceeds business objectives.
- Great Team-player. Experience of working closely with developers, project managers and BA’s.
- Communicated with product owner to get business requirements or other requirements when it is needed.
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Testing Tools: VeriFIX, HP QTP/UFT, HP Quality Center/HP ALM
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM, Jira
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, Mac OS
Test Approaches: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC, STLC
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Senior QA Analyst
- Member of Agile/Scrum quality assurance team focused on equity and options trading.
- Extensively worked with Order Management System (OMS) in testing and executing trades throughout Trade Life Cycle.
- Was responsible for conducting End to End testing of complete trading cycle: including pre-trade, actual trade and post-trade stages.
- Expertise in Fix Protocol: Proficiency in Extracting and Analyzing and Testing FIX messages.
- Used VeriFIX tool to test Trade Life Cycle, Monitored Regression and Performance Testing
- Involved in the entire Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Analyzed Complex Requirements Document as BRD and FSD for Testability and Usability.
- Developed Estimations, Test Plans, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Test Analysis Report as well as writing Test Cases.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, GUI, End-to-End, BackEnd and Regression testing.
- Participated in Prioritizing Test Cases to be Automated and Monitored Regression Tests.
- Involved in Automation processes using QTP/UFT tool for regression testing.
- Manually Tested Functionality and GUI of Trading and Analyzing Equity and Derivative Products.
- Performed Backend Testing by writing SQL queries.
- Monitored and Analyzed Log Files by using Unix.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
- Reported, tracked, updated status of the defects using bug tracking software JIRA.
- Investigated bugs and interacted with developer and business analysts to resolve issues.
- Participated in Walk Through with Business Analyst and Interacted with other Team Members within Projects.
- Helped other team members to improve testing process.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Involved in entire Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), in analyzing the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional specifications document (FSD), to understand the application.
- Involved in Reviewing the Functional specifications document (FSD), with the Business Analyst and development team to discuss and collect business requirements.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases by analyzing the Business requirements and System Requirements for the various functional modules in the application.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression and Smoke tests on the new enhancements added to the web application in UAT and Production environment .
- Used HP ALM for organizing Requirements, store the Test Cases and executing the test cases and logging/tracking Defects.
- Interacted with developers to resolve software related defects issues.
- Performed System and Regression testing by executing test scripts in system testing and UAT environment.
- Performed BackEnd testing using SQL queries to access and manipulate database.
- Worked with test automation team to create automated test scripts using QTP.
- Preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to establish traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, Back-End, End to End and Regression testing of the application comparing it to the standards.
- Retrieved data from database using SQL statements such as Joins, sub-queries and clauses for BackEnd testing and comparison with the FrontEnd data.
- Compared trade’s FIX messages for RFQ: New Order, Acknowledgment, Execution, Cancelation, Allocation.
- Worked closely with Project Manager and Business Analyst to evaluate and recommend enhancements, document QA processes and improve best testing practices.
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases.
- Prioritized workflow to deliver deliverables before the deadline.
- Communicated with developers through all phases of testing to prioritize bug resolution.
- Followed Agile Methodology and Iterative Development throughout the project.
- Analyzed Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD) to understand the application.
- Wrote and executed Test Plan and Test Cases for different features of the trading platform and its modules.
- Used HP ALM in order to write and update test cases, execute and track testing process.
- Performed GUI, Smoke, Functional, Backend, E2E and Regression testing for bonds.
- Run Shell scripts in Linux in order to obtain and generate trading market data for client reports.
- Composed SQL queries using aggregate functions, subqueries, joins and other clauses for data manipulation and Backend testing.
- Tracked defects in JIRA, interacted with Developers to manage project-related issues and processes.
- Reported arising risks to Business Analyst, QA Manager and Project Manager and released notes during the absence of QA and BA lead.
- Created Test Analysis Report (TAR), delivered issues and suggestive solutions to management team.
- Worked closely with software developers, business analysts, and other project management personnel involved in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)