- Talented QA Engineer with 6+ years of extensive expertise in Automation and Manual testing as well as a deep understanding of methodologies and approaches.
- Strong experience in Software Development Life Cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Highly proficient in creating and implementing test plans and test cases based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Extensive working experience in Cross Browser Testing, GUI testing, Functionality testing, System testing, Accessibility testing, Integration testing, Backend testing, Mobile testing and Regression Testing.
- Experienced in JIRA, Rally, Test Director and Quality Center/ALM. Very good in writing SQL queries for backend data validation and data integrity check.
- Experienced in creating automation scripts. Well - versed with all stages of Defect Tracking Life Cycle (DTLC).
- Excellent working knowledge on both Unix/Linux and Windows environments.
- Ability to work methodically in fast-paced, deadline driven environments.
- Excellent Team Member, Mentor with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player with a good communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
Operating System: MS-DOS, Windows, UNIX and Linux
Languages: C#, Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL and PL/SQL
RDBMS: Oracle, DB2, MS Access, MS SQL Server
Testing Tools: UFT/QTP, SOAP UI
Defect Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, Clear Quest, Rally, JIRA
Application Servers: Web logic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Tomcat and IIS
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Role & Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements effectively to technical test requirements to create comprehensive test scenarios and detailed test steps.
- Executing test scenarios for multiple projects and working in Agile Methodology to assure Quality by developing Cucumber/ Selenium/Java Scripts which run as JUnit tests in an Automation framework .
- Write test plans, define test data requirements, oversee execution of test cases, facilitate triage of defects found, and ensure thorough retest of defects through resolution.
- Log defects/issues and work with the test lead to ensure resolution.
- Suggests alternative methods and procedures for solving problems and improving product and process quality.
- Constantly communicated and made recommendations to stakeholders at all levels.
- Conducted mobile apps testing across the web.
- Triaged mobile device applications issues.
- Tested cloud-based mobile applications across multiple platforms touching the full stack across the web.
- Collaborated with all teams within the agile environment.
- Identified issues before they became problems and collaborated to fix them.
- Develop and maintain high standards of quality for our application through managing QA processes and procedures.
- Develop knowledge of the business unit’s mission, goals, products, services and applications.
- Develop and revise automated test scripts for smoke testing, user acceptance testing and integration testing
- Responsible for creation and execution of automation scripts with Cucumber frameworks and Gherkin language for story method use cases.
- Execute scripts across desktop and mobile applications.
- Performed Data mining using Oracle, SQL, Sybase, DB2 databases.
- Translate business requirements into features and user stories using Rally and JIRA tool.
- Develops and implements a testing approach work plan to meet multiple deadlines for projects.
- Highly productive in both Waterfall and Agile project delivery environments.
- Working on creating a solution to automate the Browser testing.
- Experience testing application with the Web Service response.
Environment: Java, Cucumber, Gherkin, Eclipse, GIT, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Agile Methodology, Sprint, Rally, JIRA, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, XML, HTML, Postman Web Service.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Role & Responsibilities:
- Involved in preparing test strategy, test plan, and test cases by gathering information by attending day to day meetings and by referring to BRD and SRD.
- Interacted with Scrum Master to understand the scope of Sprints.
- Worked with Business Analysts, Programmers and Business users through the life cycle of the project.
- Involved in GUI, Functional, System, Regression, Database, Integration and User Acceptance testing.
- Performed End to End Testing Manually before Automated Testing.
- Logged and tracked defects in Quality Center that include business impact and track testing progress.
- Reported bugs, communicated notifications to the developers using Quality Center.
- Generated detailed bug reports, pass-fail reports and comparison charts using Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL and PL/SQL statements to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application and analyzed the results using QTP.
- Used various Checkpoints for Functional and Regression testing in QTP.
- Wrote VB Script to develop Custom Functions and Dictionary Objects using QTP.
- Developed Descriptive Programming using QTP.
- Performed Data Driven test using QTP to test application for various set of records.
Environment: VB.NET, C#, C++, Java, VB Script, Visual Studio, HTML, XSL, AJAX, CSS, SQL Server, Oracle, UNIX, Web Services, XML, Agile, QTP, SOAP, Quality Center.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Software Test Engineer
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyzed the user/business requirements and functional specs documents to develop test procedures.
- Practiced Agile methodology by managing requirements, controlling software changes and followed iterative approach through the software development.
- Conducted Gap analysis between the existing systems and the new system and went through the risk involved with each requirement.
- Gathered QA metrics from the team and Forwarded overall test metrics to the management.
- Involved in testing of the online web application.
- Created usage scenarios and executed them in order to test a product from a user perspective.
- Responsible for developing test scripts and cross checking with Business Requirements.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to track requirements during the QA Testing Phase.
- Created Test cases based on business requirements and test plans using TestDirector.
- Executed Test Cases in TestDirector and created Defect reports.
- Managed manual and automated testing efforts for entire QA life cycle using TestDirector and Quick Test Pro.
- Extensively worked on T-SQL and PL/SQL scripts for SQL and Oracle Server.
- Performed Backend testing and had very good knowledge of writing SQL Queries to verify the data.
- Involved in Functional and Regression testing using QTP.
- Planned and implemented User acceptance testing.
- Involved in audit meetings and got an initiative to reach QA testing goals.
- Involved in the test case walkthroughs and assessment meetings.
Environment: TestDirector, QTP, Windows, JAVA, C++, .NET, VB Script, Perl, UNIX, UML, SOAP UI, SQL Server, Oracle, HTTP, Web Services.