Sr. Quality Analyst Resume
- Around 7 years of professional experience in the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing of Client/Server and Web Applications, Mainframe application testing..
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ).
- Expertise in translating user requirements into technical specifications and mapping the process design, work flows for SDLC with documenting and managing business requirements using RUP, waterfall and Agile methodology.
- Experienced in writing System test plans, defining test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts .
- Proficient in Gap Analysis, Test Plan Preparation, Test Execution, Defect Management, and Management Reporting.
- Working knowledge of scripting language like Java script.
- Sound knowledge of Junit, TestNG frameworks.
- Knowledge in Design, Development, Implementation and Execution of Reusable Automated Data DrivenTest Scripts using tools such as Selenium.
- Worked with Selenium and JMeter for automated scripts and for load and stress testing .
- Strong working experience in production support for testing web applications.
- Experience in web service testing using REST,SOAP UI and SOAP UI Pro.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Design) sessions.
- Strong analytical skills and consistent time management skills to meet client deadlines.
- Involved in maintaining Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix and performing GAP analysis.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Used Quality Center and Rational Clear Quest for error reporting.
- Good team player with the ability to work in time sensitive environments.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and quickly master new concepts and subjects.
Project Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Scrum
Testing Tools: ALM/Quality Center, Jira, Selenium, Cucumber, Bugzilla
Development Tools: Team Foundation Server(TFS),Visual Studio
Operating Systems: Windows NT/XP/2000, UNIX
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, DB2,Mongo
Languages: C, SQL, HTML, XML
Business Applications: Microsoft Office Suite - MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Design Tools & Languages: C, C++, HTML, Java
Web Server/App Server: IIS6, IIS7, WAMP Server 2.3, Tomcat, Web logic
Sr. Quality Analyst
- Followed QA processes and practices, including defect and test management.
- Attended daily and weekly meetings for the projects.
- Involved in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Functional specs and use cases.
- Worked closely with Development teams to provide support and to participate in knowledge transfer to the client throughout software development life cycle
- Performed functional and regression testing for Mainframe & Web based applications
- Testing the server application on multiple operating systems and on varied browsers.
- Developed Traceability matrix between the requirement document and respective test cases to ensure all requirements were covered.
- Reviewed BRD, understood the requirements and translated them into test cases, scenarios, procedures and carried activities such as collecting test data, writing test cases and testing.
- Involved in preparing Test plan and Test cases for different modules of cloud based application of Service Now.
- Performed Integration, System, Functional, Regression, smoke, UAT testing.
- Tested Restful Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Clearly communicated defects with developers and updated comments in Quality center (ALM).
- Generated detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report and Assigned defects using Quality Center (ALM).
- Experience working with the automation team to automate the regression test cases using Selenium.
- Implemented Page Object Model and Keyword Based Testing automation frameworks using Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber
- Executed SQL queries to verify the proper data insertion, deletion and updates.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries for Database Testing to verify Data Validity, Data integrity.
Environment: Quality Centre (ALM), ServiceNow, TFSJava,Oracle, Java Script,Selenium,Agile
Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Job operated within a very agile environment, employing 2-4 week sprints, and daily scrum meetings.
- Involved in entire Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- Daily Status, Stand-up Meetings, Scrums with Business, Development, and Test team to report the test status planned, accomplished, and issues.
- Worked with Business Analysts and responsible for driving issue-log meetings on regular basis.
- Coordinated with offshore project team members to achieve project goals through status meetings and reviews.
- Identified test cases to Automated using Selenium WebDriver .
- Developed automation script using Selenium WebDriver for cross browser testing
- Involved in Data analysis and prepared required test data for validation of test cases.
- Editing and testing XML.
- Validated response with the XML Schema during Web Service Testing .
- Reviewed test cases prepared by offshore team in accordance with defined guidelines and processes.
- Responsible for the effort estimation, planning, and execution of chunks of testing activities.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center for Test management and execution of test cases.
- Checked the data flow by using SQL queries to extract the data flow from the Oracle and Mainframe Database.
- Driving daily Defect/Bug review meetings with business, environment and development team to understand the problem and setting the severity levels and get resolutions for defects logged by team.
- Wrote SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Used HP ALM to create the test plan, store test cases and run the test sets.
- Generated reports showing the number of test cases executed, number passed, number failed and number left to execute.
Environment: Oracle, ALM,Visual studio, HTML, .NET,Mainframe,TOAD, Unix, Java,SQLServer,Selenium
Confidential, New City N.Y.
- Planned all resources and schedules for functional and performance QA work.
- Perform and monitor internal audits to maintain compliance to our Agile procedures and instructions
- Prepared test scripts and data sets,configured testing tools and developed complete, automated regression suites.
- Tested ISO8583 message format between terminal and the host .
- Prepared reports and presented to management and responded to highly specialized/technical testing questions.
- Managed a group of UAT analysts and UAT testers to ensure an acceptable service level agreement and quality control.
- Created releases in ALM based on the Sprint cycles and set milestones to track .
- Implemented Automation process in manual testing environment using Mercury Test Suite.
- Managed the testing control process of UAT by monitoring and investigating failures within the testing environment and drafting/reviewing policies, standards, and procedures governing testing.
- Used agile methodologies to support the delivery of quality products that meet client specifications with minimum defects, on-time, and on-budget.
- Developed and maintained quality assurance standards and processes and managed quality improvement activities.
- Ensured that quality assurance-related activities at both the program and at the project level are appropriately planned and executed.
- Worked with Application/Technical Architect and Business/Technical Analysts to ensure that the acceptable range for test results and performance gets communicated to the appropriate testing teams.
Environment: Microsoft Project, Quality Center, Load Runner,PL SQL, MS Access, DB2, XML, J2EE, Jira
- Understand the application business logic with Business Requirements Specification Documents and functionality of application with Functional Requirements Specification Documents.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to perform the backend testing of the Oracle database using PL/SQL and UNIX shell commands
- Reviewed extensive SQL Queries with complex multi-table joins and nested queries.
- Involved in reviewing complex SQL queries, views, functions and stored procedures and spotting issues before/during code migration.
- Involved in preparing the high-level Test Plan and developed Test Cases in accordance with the functional specifications.
- Created test cases for the mobile application.
- Automated the back-end testing for reusability by writing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Used UNIX shell scripts for monitoring the servers during testing sessions.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and UNIX Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database
- Coordinated with business users on the test script review and sign-off.
- Established Traceability between the Requirements and the Tests in Traceability Matrix using Quality Center.
- Worked closely with build integration team, business analysts and developers in order to perform testing activities as per schedules.
- Generated Bug Reports and Test case coverage reports for status meeting and also involved in resource planning for test cases coverage.
Environment: Quality Center,SQLServer, SOAP UI, XML, HTML, UNIX, MS Visio, Windows XP
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes