Test Automation Analyst Resume
- Around Six years of professional experience in QA activities during all phases of the SDLC from requirements elaboration, design/development, test and deployment.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, designing Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Proficient in Analyzing Business Requirements, Design Specifications, Use Cases to prepare Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Strong understanding in Agile, Waterfall model, and V Model.
- Proficient in performing Black Box and Gray Box Testing.
- Experienced in GUI, Functional, Regression, Integration, UAT, compliance testing, site integration, compatibility testing.
- Expertise in Automated Testing using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Extensively experienced in managing defect life cycle using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries to interact with Databases.
- Proficient in generating automated test scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Extensively experienced in working with GUI testing using QTP/UFT.
- Expertise in developing custom functions using VBScript and using Descriptive Programming for QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in using Framework for QTP/UFT Automation Scripts.
- Knowledge in developing Descriptive programming for Key - word driven Testing using QTP/ UFT.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills; Team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Result oriented, committed, and hardworking with a quest to learn new technologies and undertake challenging task.
Programming Language: VB.NET, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, VB Script
Web & App Servers: Web logic Server, IIS, Java Web Server
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP ALM, HP QTP, HP UFT, JIRA
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX/Linux
Applications: MS Office, Crystal Reports, MS Excel
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Test Automation Analyst
- Involved in implementing each phase of SDLC and Coordinated in Test environment setup.
- Interacted with client for requirement gathering and analysis and for studying the existing system.
- Designed, developed and executed the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Developed an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Performed Smoke, integration, Functional, Regression, System, Acceptance and Usability testing during different stages of the application development.
- Performed various types of process evaluations during each phase of the software development life cycle, including review, walk through and system testing.
- Performed GUI and User Acceptance testing.
- Developed detailed Test Plans and Test Cases in HP ALM and executed them.
- Responsible for configuring Quality Center and executing automated scripts from HP ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries to perform backend testing.
- Wrote QTP Scripts to validate backend data via SQL queries.
- Involved in Back end testing to check for data and application integrity by writing SQL queries.
- Developed automated test scripts in UFT to expedite regression testing.
- Extensively worked with UFT to create, manage and execute test sets.
- Developed automated regression test scripts using UFT.
- Designed, Developed and Maintained the Centralized Object Repository in UFT.
- Developed driver script to run UFT scripts in a batch mode.
- Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts on UFT.
- Performed testing on Ubuntu and Windows servers via the OS and CLI.
- Attended meetings with business process owners to approve functional and integration test cases and performed gap analysis.
- Developed and provided testing metrics and reports for the QA dashboard to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management.
Environment: AJAX, DB2, Oracle, HTML, CSS, C++, C#, SQL, XML, MS Office, Windows, HP ALM, UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script, VBScript.
- Involved in Preparing Test Plan, Test cases and Test data from analyzing the requirements.
- Involved in all phases of testing from attending BRD review meetings to Release testing in different test environments.
- Created Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and Test reports.
- Performed Manual, GUI, Functional, Regression, and Smoke testing on the application and Role based testing for SharePoint.
- Performed manual testing as an ongoing process of the development life cycle using HP Quality Center.
- Provided weekly updates through status report using HP Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries and executed procedures to perform back-end testing for the expected results.
- Involved in modifying and coding VBScripts with conditional statements and loops in QTP testing tool.
- Performed functional testing with QTP, defined various checkpoints to verify results and performed tests using test-driven data.
- Created and prepared the test data and test scripts in QTP for Data Driven Testing.
- Developed and maintained the user guides for UAT testing support
- Supported UAT testing and created defect guidelines.
- Worked with release manager to prepare for releases for testing environment.
- Involved in assisting with application training of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, SQL Server, C/C++, C#, VB Script, Oracle, HP Quality Center, QTP, Windows, UNIX, MS Office.
- Involved in analyzing requirement specifications, developing test plans, test cases, test scripts and planning for QA methodologies.
- Analyzed project documentation and prepared detailed Test cases (manual and automated).
- Analyzed, Understood and Estimated requirements.
- Managed Objects in the Object Repository, parameterized tests in Global and Local Data Tables.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing.
- Performed Manual Testing for the Functionality and GUI of the application using Quality Center.
- Ensured the actual results match expected results using Quality Center.
- Wrote SQL queries to test database tables for back end testing.
- Inserted check points to check for text, text area and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Involved with testing team and created Automation frame work using QTP.
- Responsible for enhancing test script for the application using QTP.
- Worked on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with users along with providing training to end-users.
- Used verification points and conducted Data Driven test with the Test Data set using QTP.
- Involved in assisting with application training of new resources.
- Interpreted quality audits, coordinated improvements and change, and facilitated test methodology across multiple business units.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office, MS Excel, VB Script, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Quality Center, QTP, Java, J2EE, Java Script.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes