- Software Development Engineer in Test with 8+ years of experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Experience in Developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases along with Test Data and Automation Test Scripts using automation tools suchas Selenium, Cucumber, SoapUI, AWS and Appium.Diversified experience in Automation and Manual testing serving different domains such as Insurance and Banking.
- Open - Source Automation Tools (Selenium, RFT, Agile, SoapUI) and Object-Oriented Programming in Java.
- Expertise in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) including Agile Methodology/SCRUM and Waterfall methodologies.
- Extensive experience in various Agile Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint review, Sprint Retrospective).
- Experienced in different types of testing like Automation testing,Manual testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Unit Testing, Performance testing, Functional testing, Database testing, GUI testingand (UAT)User Acceptance Testingof client/server and web-based applications.
- Hands on experience with Test management tools such as HP Quality Center/ALM/ RCLM/RQM.
- Proficient on Automation tools such as Selenium RC/ WebDriver IO/ IDE/ Grid and QTP (Functional & Regression Testing), Protractor, SoapUI, RFT, QTP/UFT, Cucumber, JUnit, JIRA, Eclipse,TestNG, Ant, Maven, Jbehave, Jenkins, Hudson for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider
- Well conversant with the implementation from scratch and practical hands on experience in different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Test Driven( TDD ), Data Driven, Hybrid, Behavioural drivenFramework( BDD ) and Page Object Model (POM) using Selenium.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins for scheduling the jobs using Jenkins, GIT, TestNG and Maven.
- Well acquainted with various Selenium Locators like ID , name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, DOM for identifying correct GUI elements in creating automation scripts
- Used Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG.
- Good knowledge in using various services like AWS EC2, VPC, CLI, S3, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Proficient in handling Dropdown, alerts, cookies, frames, pop ups using Selenium WebDriver .Implemented cross browser testing using Selenium Grid and using @Parameters and @Dataprovider annotations.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool. Validated request and response XML, SOAP and RESTFUL Web service calls.
- Used AutoIT to handle OS pop-ups/applications , stimulate keyboard and mouse events and to upload/download files
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections), Exceptional Handling, Collection Framework, Conditional and Looping statements.
- Well acquainted with Synchronization Techniqueslike Implicit Wait , Explicit Wait and Fluent wait
- Implemented IVR testing using
- Proven ability to work with Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber which integrated feature files, Step Definition and Runner classes in Gherkins language
- Expertise in executing the test cases and raising the defects using the Defect Tracking Tool JIRA, IBM RQM, Quality Center .
- Have Java coding experience in Eclipse IDE for Functional and Regression testing for web based N-Tier applications.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium and have used Perfecto to perform extensive mobile testing
- Working knowledge of Jenkins/Ant/MS Build/NUnit to maintain, supplement or modify Jenkins jobs. Familiar with basic static code analysis and metrics like code coverage, cyclomatic complexity and some popular tools for gathering said metrics. Being able to contribute to ongoing Continuous Delivery efforts.
- Worked cross-organizationally both within and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
- Experience in using Robot class to interact with mouse or keyboard events using functions such as Key press, Key Release, Mouse press, mouse move, mouse release operations.
- Generated test logs using Log4j property file for various log levels.
- Experienced in Database/Backend testing using SQL Queries for data design, data validation.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle, My SQL and MongoDB.
- Had a good knowledge on Hadoop which I used in development of a Pilot.
- Experienced dealing with Ajax Requests in Selenium Web driver using Synchronization
- Hands on experience in using web-debugging tools like Firebug and FirePath for finding elements Locator.
- Ability to read an excel file using ApachePOI(Page Object Index), and access the data from database using JDBC
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN, GIT version control tool.
- Very good team player in working with others on critical assignments.
- Strong verbal/written communication, leadership, project management, problem solving, customer service, Team Player and interpersonal skills .
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
Software Testing: Functional, Database, Security, Performance, Desktop Applications and Web based UI Testing, Windows and Web Services,SQA Testing & Methodologies, Test Plans, Cases & Processes, Functional Requirements, Scripting & Documentation, Regression & Negative Testing, UI & Compatibility Testing, Data Interface & Migration Testing, Performance/Load/Stress Testing, Testing Automation, Defect/Bug Tracking, Test Strategies & Coverages, QA & QC Standards
Technical Leadership: Estimations, Project Planning and Project Scheduling, Project Execution, Task Assignment, Tracking and Status Reporting, Risk tracking and Management, Team Coordination and working with various Cross Functional Teams, Impact Analysis, Change Management, Agile, Waterfall and Prototype Models
Testing tools: Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), Cloud Testing, Geb, Spock, TestNG, JUnit, Sauce Labs, Gherkin,Ranorex, Jenkins
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Tortoise, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, Hudson, Intellij IDEA, Bamboo and TFS.
Programming Languages: JAVA, C, C++
Databases: MYSQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
BDD Framework: Gherkin, SpecFlow, RSpec, Cucumber, GivWenZen
Nonfunctional testing: Performance Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, Stress Testing, Security Testing, Installation Testing, Penetration Testing, Compatibility Testing, Migration Testing
Testing Frameworks: Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Business Process Testing (BPT), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Page Object Model.
Web services: SOAP, SOAPUI, REST and RESTful
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Test Cases Management: JIRA, HP QC/ ALM, Bugzilla, Github, Rally, TFS, Zephyr, qTest Manager, IBM Rational Quality Manager, FitNesse
Functional Testing: Unit Testing, Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Integration Testing, White box testing, Black Box testing, User Acceptance testing, Regression Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT) & User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Markup Languages: HTML, CSS, XML, XPath, CSS Selector
Operating Systems: UNIX, WINDOWS, Linux,Mac
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
Confidential, Austin, TX
QA Test Automation Developer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports
- Involved in preparing test cases using user stories fromJIRAinMTMto validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing and End to End Testing and Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Documented and reported all found defects in JIRA.
- Implemented Nunit automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to make sure that the existing functionality is not broken
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Protractor automation scripts
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations.
- Used Octopus to deploy builds in all lower environment when required.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool
- Performed extensive mobile application testing using Perfecto.
- Maintained Selenium &C# Automation Code and resources in GIT and usedJenkins for continuous integration
- Used C# with selenium for UI automation along with Nunit and used C# with LeanFT in combination with Nunit.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI, Postman and UFT Tool. Validated request and response Json.
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
Senior Software Test Engineer
- Cooperated with Business Analysts to outline test plans, test cases, test data to ensure accurate coverage of business and functional requirements.
- Involved in the development of test cases from functional requirements, technical specifications and use cases for each module.
- Participated in Sprint Planning with Agile poker sessions to estimate level of efforts for the user stories.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meeting and gave the daily status of testing.
- Extensively used Selenium and other open source tools to write java codes to automate and validate the test cases set for each sprint and push them to GitHub and pull the codes when needed.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Performed cross browser and cross platform testing of the application under test.
- Was responsible for creating, maintaining and updating reusable elements for automation of test cases.
- Reported software defects in ALM/QC and interacted with the developers to resolve issues.
- Used Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for bug reporting and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Implemented waits to overcome the issue of Synchronization using implicit wait and explicit wait.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path to debug and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CSS Selector, Link, Partial Link Text and Tag Name.
- Performed Key press, Key release and mouse move operations using Robot class.
- Involved in Code/design review, conducting status calls and providing training to other QAs as a Senior QA.
- Mentored, trained and provided coaching to QA engineers and analysts as a Senior QA.
- As a Senior QA involved in change request management meetings for ADHOC change requests.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data being populated.
- Involved in performance Testing using Load runner.
- Used GIT as a central repository for version control. Worked with merge conflicts
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using TestNG and developing Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- G ood knowledge in using various services like AWS EC2, VPC, CLI, S3, Route53, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Developed Design/Unit Test Docs using JUNIT at pre-Code phase to filter out the possible issues/risks from the delivery and having internal peer review.
- Performed build deployment and created jobs using Jenkins as continuous integration tool.
- Extensively performed API testing using SoapUI.
Environment: Agile, Java, Selenium, TestNG, Junit, Jenkins, ALM/QC, SoapUI, HTML, XML, Microsoft Office, Eclipse, Maven, GIT, SQL Server, Robot Class, Appium, AWS.
Confidential, Charolette, NC
QA Automation Engineer (IVR Testing)
- Developed manual test strategies for System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, UAT Testing and Version Compatibility Testing to adjust to constantly changing requirements.
- Analyzing Functional Specifications, Business Requirements and VUI documentation to design test plans and test cases, and perform later testing execution.
- Created manual Test Cases in RCLM/RQM for various User Stories based on Release.
- Scripted test cases to cover the call flows End to End and make sure call is routed to the Transfer queue extension in Business and Non-businesshours’ scenarios
- Maintained test cases traceability with requirements in RCLM/RQM.
- Actively participated in the Sprint meetings, Backlog Grooming and modules walkthroughs.
- Participated in daily scrums to effectively communicate the progress and road blocks to deal with the constantly changing requirements.
- Provided management with Progress and Status Reports on a regular basis.
- Used RQM for defect management and reporting, followed up with the development team to verify bug fixes, update bug status and issue resolution.
- Executed test plans, scenarios manually and reported the results using RQM.
- Maintained database of known test defects and involved in developing Test Plans and Test Scenarios in accordance with projects scope or delivery dates.
- Coordinated with SME's and developers to better understand the technical details from the Technical Design Documents.
- Carefully analyzed the changes and defect fixes in the new builds and performed regression testing to ensure that the existing functionality was not disturbed and that the defects were fixed.
- Analyzed and Tested for Directed dialogue, DTMF, IVR and Text to speech that increased customer utilization and retention in IVR
- Experience in Understanding VUI (Voice User Interface) documents and Call flows to extract the IVR testing scenarios
- Interpreted the test results and provide necessary recommendations to improve testing.
- Created training material for offshore team as well as trained the new hires on application and bringing them up to speed.
Environment: RCLM/RQM, Genesys8.1, Verint Call Recorder, GPLUS Adapter, Hammer, MS Office suite.
Confidential, Albany, NY
QA Test Automation Developer
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test scenarios for system testing, integration testing.
- Used RRC/RQM/RFT for requirement management, test planning, scheduling, executing test cases, managing and tracking defects.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology & attended the daily scrum meetings. Involved in Regression testing of each release during the various phases of the application using Rational Quality Manager.
- Developed & Executed Test cases for manual testing using Rational Quality Manager. Performed Smoke testing, Integration testing, GUI testing & Database testing in the newest releases for basic functionality testing.
- Extensively involved in Sub-system integration test, system test, functionality test(positive and negative) and regression test.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing. Tested the backend of the application using IBM Data Studio. Generated various reports like Defect Report, Test Execution Report, Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Develop & executed test cases for Multi-browsertesting. Extensively worked on 834 & developed/executed test cases for 834 testing.Worked extensively for 834 inbound & outbound testing with Insurance Carriers. Develop & executed test cases in SOAPUI & UI for Interface testing (End to End testing). Interacted with medical & hospital Claims, Payments and Enrollment hence analyzing and documenting related business processes.
Environment: SQL, IBM Data Studio, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IBM Rational Quality Manager, IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM RFT, MS Office, Lotus Notes, XML, Windows, Agile.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Gathering the requirements and analyzing the requirements
- Developed Test Cases for manual and automated testing of an application
- Conducted Functional, Integration and Regression testing
- Worked with providers and Medicare or Medicaid entities to validate EDI transaction sets or Internet portals
- Authored and executed Test cases for Claims and Customer Service Workflow manually.
- Created and maintained SQL Scripts and UNIX Shell scripts to perform back-end testing on the oracle database
- Recorded scripts in QTP to perform Functionality testing.
- Created and maintained Test Matrix, Requirement Traceability Matrix and performed GAP Analysis.
- Identified, analyzed and documented defects, error and inconsistencies in the application using JIRA
Environment: HIPAA EDI, QTP, JIRA, Oracle, Windows.
Core Java Developer
- Designed UI in Java using Google Web Toolkit
- Enhanced the same as and when the business requirement changes.
- Performed Extensive Manual Testing.
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in Quality center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Implementation of QA approach to ensure quality of product and was involved in project planning and coordination.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with systematic procedure and expected results and maintained the Test Logs, Test Reports, Test Issues, defect tracking using Quality Center/ALM
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Created test coverage matrix for Regression and Smoke Testing of the product.
- Hands on experience in java Interface, Java Beans, Collection Framework, Java.
- Used Oracle as the backend database.
- Developed project in Eclipse IDE.
- Written SQL Queries on Oracle database.
- Reported using QA status Reports, Defect Log Reports, Traceability Reports and Test Execution and Results Reports.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center/ALM.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Interacted with manual and automation testing team to come up with best ways to improve data.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Windows, HP Quality Center/ALM, MS Office, HTML, MS Excel.