Seeking a product development engineer position in the medical device field. I am looking to apply my engineering experience designing and developing mechanical instruments & medical devices with my knowledge of the Confidential and Class II medical devices.
SolidWorks, Creo (ProE), Microsoft Office, MATLAB, MoldFlow, ANSYS, Python, & LabVIEW
Associate Quality Engineer
Confidential, Dover, DE
- Launched innovative Class II medical device in compliance to 21 CFR Part 820. Collaborated on cross - functional product development team including project management, R&D, operations, engineering, & procurement.
- Led and maintained environmental control failure mode effects analysis. Further developed and upgraded division Confidential .
- Utilized consumer complaints and feedback to improve Class II medical device.
- Drove process validations / verifications & cross-qualifications of various medical-grade consumer products. Led installation, operational, and performance qualifications of spreadsheet & software validations.
- Qualified and managed performance of 44 suppliers.
Interdisciplinary Senior Design
Confidential, Corning, NY
- Collaborated with multi-disciplinary engineers tasked with designing a mechanical instrument to manipulate and transport state-of-the-art thin glass product. Utilized SolidWorks to create functional model for construction and drawing layouts.
- Required product development, organization, teamwork, project management, technical presentation skills, & problem solving.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed additional surgical instrument to reduce space around operating area during thyroidectomy procedures under the Kern Entrepreneurial Engineering Network ( Confidential ).
- Applied similar concepts & research to develop a product specific for third-world surgeons.
- Required communication with medical personnel, project management, & decision-making.
Mechanical Engineering Intern
Confidential, Milford, CT
- Led MoldFlow analysis performed on multiple products to optimize plastic injection process to be applied for manufacturing. ProE used to create model for analysis.
- Discovered, analyzed, and remedied defects in product designs using numerous techniques and programs, along with updating and correcting Creo drawings.
- Required excellent interpersonal, effective communication skills, collaboration, an attention to detail, and delivery of key objectives in a timely manner.
Confidential, Lewisburg, PA
- Financial responsibility of approximately $500k annually.
- Responsibilities included all financial transactions including tracking of member dues, withdrawals, deposits, monthly financial statement reporting, monitoring all cash transactions, and balancing of fraternity bank accounts.
- Required attention to detail and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.