- Over 8+ years of QA experience in Manual/Automation testing of Web, Mobile apps and client/Server with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing as QA Automation Engineer.
- Having extensive experience in writing and implementation of complex Test plans, design, Development and Execution of Test scripts for system and functional projects.
- Extended experience in system testing, integration testing, UAT testing, Performance testing, functionality testing, and regression testing.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and Methods like Waterfall and Agile.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques, Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, TestNG, Maven, Fire Path, Running scripts, Debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Experience on manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP, Selenium (RC, WebDriver, and GRID), Load Runner, Quality Center, and Performance Center.
- Extensively worked on Agile Development and management process.
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and tested both in XML and JASON format.
- Experienced in White Box testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Created and Maintained Server side Integration Test using Python and Selenium Web driver.
- Experience in Back - end testing, data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, Rally, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla.
- Proficient with BDD and TDD using cucumber.
- Expertise in Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server, Mobile, Web-based and strong knowledge on Cloud (AWS) applications.
- Experience in Mobile application testing in agile environment(Mobile/Tablets/Mobile Simulator).
- Performed Manual as well as Automated Testing using Testing tool Selenium WebDriver, Appium.
- Created business process model, Hybrid keyword driven, Data driven, Page object model (POM) and Automation object model (AOM) using UFT/QTP, ALM and other tools using dynamic descriptive programming, SORs and object repository to perform functional and regression tests.
- Experience in cross platform testing in Solaris, HP-UNIX, Linux, Windows (NT/2000/XP).
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries to perform Data Validation and Back end testing of databases to check the integrity of data.
- Proactively identifying areas of obstruction/breakdowns and take steps to rectify the equipment through application of troubleshooting tools in Electrical domain.
- Used Python scripting language to automate few of the test cases most of the test being related to feature ANT.
- Experienced in Mobile Application Testing with Appium based user interface web framework to design and develop responsive websites and apps accessible on all smart phones, tablets and desktop devices.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Configuration Management Tools VB scripting, IBM Rational Clear case, SVN, HARVEST.
- Extensive experience in working on .Net framework applications using C#, MVC 4.0, ASP.NET, ADO.NET,VB.Net, WSDL, Web forms, and AJAX.
- Created and executed automated (Coded UI) scripts in Visual Studio and in TFS Test Manager.
- Extensive knowledge in Protractor framework for Applications developed with Angular JS .
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with test automation tools like Mercury Interactive tools WINRUNNER/ QTP/ Load Runner in heterogeneous platforms.
- Experience in creating and executing very large and complex End-to-End Test Scripts across different application Interfaces both Automated and Manual.
- Defined and executed Unit, Functional, Regression, Smoke, GUI and Security manual testing against weekly, milestone, or on-demand (developers) build.
- Extensively worked on different Selenium automation frameworks.
- Established and maintained good communication skills with project managers, developers, business experts and QA teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical insight to problem solving and deliver under high stress environment.
- Unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
Browsers: Internet Explorer 6,7,8,910 and 11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
Web Development Tools: XML, HTML, Ajax, Java Script, VB Script, TFS, ASP, JSP and Java Servlets, PHP, Jenkins
Web Servers / Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, Tomcat, and IIS
Testing tools: Selenium (IDE, RC, Web Driver, and GRID), Quality Center, SOAP UI, TestNG, Junit, Appium, JMeter, Coded UI, log4j, cucumber, HP LoadRunner, HP Sprinter, HP ALM
Reporting tools: Jira, Bugzilla, Quality center, Rally
Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows 2000 Server, Solaris, HP Unix, Linux and Citrix
Data Access Languages: T-SQLand PL/SQL.
Database Servers: ORACLE, SQL Server, My SQL, DB2.
GUI / Tools: Eclipse, Jbuilder.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, Maven, TDD, BDD
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Attended Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release planning Meetings
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Developed automation scripts for automating Functional and Regression testing using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Test NG, Java, Maven, Log4j and JDBC
- Worked on creating test cases for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG.
- Configured Maven, Log4j, Test NG configuration files.
- Prepared documentation for setting up Selenium and Eclipse Environment on Local Work Spaces.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Worked on frameworks like Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven and used Behavior driven development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development ( ATDD ) approaches.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that data is updated as per the Business Rules
- Performed testing of Web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud, tested automation test scripts on both IOS and Android platforms for native and mobile websites on mobile devices.
- Implemented scripts to test IOS and Android platforms also using Appium.
- Validating website Mobile version on different types of devices (iPhone, Android).
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, unexpected event handling.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Maintained Test Matrix & Project Matrix using excel sheet to keep track of Project's schedule and status.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
ENVIRONMENT: Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG, SQL, Apache POI, Maven, Log4j, JDBC, Eclipse, Web Services, Appium,Angular Js, SOAP UI, Restful, SOAP, iPhone, iPad, Android, HTML, CSS, JIRA, Quality Center, SQL Server, MSWord, MS Excel, PL/SQL, Windows 7.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Automation Engineer
- Drafted Test Plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Developed Test Plan with a Test Strategy for the System testing. Instrumental in creating design and frame work for automation.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested applications developed in Java with TestNG framework.
- Used Selenium WebDriver for writing test scripts for regression test coverage.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Automated Smoke & Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG & Java (Eclipse IDE).
- Worked on Data Driven Framework and MVC for Automation test scripts.
- Used Protractor to Automate End to End testing of Web Applications in AngularJs.
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tool Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Identified automation requirements & design automation framework, scripts in Selenium (WebDriver) integration with Jenkins/CI, code reviews, and scripts execution thru Grid (hub/nodes) on remote clients.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Coordinated with technical support associates to fix proprietary software issues.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database.
- Attend the BRI (Business Requirement Identification) meeting to understand the business Requirements.
- Worked on Project Management tool- RTC, Jira.
- Verified, edited and update test data in new or existing systems before testing.
Confidential, Westlake, OH
QA Automation Engineer/ Mobile tester
- Designed Web/Mobile application in Java which makes customer to retrieve the data from the Data base.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) using Cucumber, Jerkin and ruby.
- Used JDBC and Hibernate to interact with the Data base.
- Involved in Writing Test cases and automating test cases using Selenium.
- Used python to develop Automation framework to Validate REST Web Services.
- Developed reusable test automation frameworks using Java and Selenium and use tools for including TestNG and web driver IO, in an Agile environment.
- Strong hands-on experience with web applications and mobile testing proven experience implementing Web UI automation (e.g.: Selenium Web driver and Web driver IO).
- Maintained the Selenium & Java automation code and resource in source controls like SVN and Jenkins for improvements and new features.
- Worked with JNDI and Connection Pool to Interact with Servers like WebSphere, Web Logic and Tomcat.
- Done System Integration Testing for Web services, Servers, Modems.
- Design and configure virtualization solutions on several of technologies like J2EE, middleware platforms including messaging technologies.
- Used Servlets and JSP's to Design the Web Application Front end page and Java Code to retrieve data from Back end.
- Performed data-driven testing by developing data-driven tests to validate the same test with multiple sets of test data.
- Worked in open-source Automation Frameworks including springs and JBehave.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Done Test Automations for API Testing.
- Worked in Agile based environment working from sprint to sprint.
- Done Page Object Driven framework using Ruby.
- Providing daily status report to client on day to day basis.
- Performed data validation and white box testing of all data feeds from vendors including files processing using PL/SQL procedures, functions and Shell scripts.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Appium, ALM 11.0, Quick Test Professional 11.0, Oracle 10g, Python, Ruby, HTML, Jmeter, Java, JDK 1.3,1.4, Excel, Rally, J2EE, JIRA, AWS, Eclipse, JDBC, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed, developed and implemented MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing TestNG and Selenium WebDriver .
- Excellent experience in writing Selenium WebDriver Automation Scripts in Java for highly transactional Websites.
- Developed TestCases, TestScripts and executed them for RSA (Regulatory Settlement Agreement) Project.
- Involved in rest API automation using HttpClient, Jackson and JSON -Simple libraries and manually testing them using browser plugin like Postman .
- Set up Jenkins, GitHub , and Maven to work together and provide a smooth continuous integration system. Used Maven as a build automation tool for JAVA projects.
- Worked on Maven for build and Git for source code repository.
- Familiarity with NodeJS , Angular JS and have done a POC on web automation framework using Protractor .
- We have created parallel automation test execution using Selenium Grid and TestNG .
- Used SOAP UI for testing Web Services, inspection of WSDL files, generation of SOA envelopes, and acceleration of many other common XML tasks encountered during development of Web-Service enabled applications.
- Established and developed test scripts for load testing using JMeter .
- Used Message Exchange and Test Runner Objects in SoapUI API for Groovy Scripting.
- Wrote different Queries for purpose of Insert, Update, Delete and Fetching the data in Super SQL 2008 R2.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through CSS Locators .
- Performed on Rally for application life cycle management and defect tracking under Agile Scrum .
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity Used Jenkins continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
Environment: JAVA, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, JMeter, SOAP UI, Rest API, Groovy Script, Ruby, MVC, Agile, Angular Js, Node JS, HTML, CSS, SQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Interacted with team members and business users for requirement gathering.
- Involved in documenting technical design document and understanding functional requirements.
- Followed agile methodology.
- Extensively used Spring MVC and Dependency Injection across different components of application.
- Exposed the major components of the application as services and implemented them using Restful web services.
- Developed smoke, sanity, regression test scripts using Web driver.
- Designed and developed user interface components using JSP, CSS, jQuery, Java Script, Ajax.
- Implemented JQuery and Ajax to have effective user interaction.
- Created a startup script using Automation object model standardizing QTP environment.
- Executed automated test scripts as batch tests using Selenium.
- Deployed and tested the application on JBOSS application server.
- Maven is used to manage the build and deployment process.
- Have used stubs program to test major module of the process.
- Maintained source code using GIT.
- Used Team Foundation Server to log daily tasks, update status of user stories and bugs.
- Performed Unit Testing involved in cross browser testing, Integration testing, System testing, actively involved in testing of the application and resolving technical issues.
- Involved in release management activities like installation, configuration, and deployment of application on Dev, QA and UAT, Production and performance engineering and vulnerability environments.
- Worked with web development tools like firebug, Internet Explorer Developer Tools.
- Used firebug to debug HTML and CSS.
- Created Keyword driven automated frameworks using Selenium RC configured under Eclipse, Junit environment.
- Added annotations to the tests called Selenium.
- Exported Test scripts (Java and Selenium Web driver) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium tests and executed.
- Involved in production support, code review, participated in assigning tasks to the team and planning of effort.
- Provided Knowledge transfer sessions for the new members who joined the team.
- Involved in resolving the technical issues in the team and ensured the smooth functioning of the team at all times.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, J2EE, AJAX, JQuery, Java Script, PL/SQL, Oracle11g, CSS, HTML, JSPs, Maven, Apache CXF, JBOSS Application server, Eclipse IDE, GIT, Junit.
- Generated automated test scripts for functional and regression testing using QTP.
- Performed, Functional, Integration, User Interface testing manually.
- Involved in writing and executing the test cases and test suits using Java and Selenium Web driver.
- Performed VB Scripting in QTP for automating the testing process.
- Build and maintained test automation stubs and frameworks using selenium.
- Analysis and study of Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) documents, project planning for preparation of test plan.
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP.
- Created Load Runner Scenario utilized user scripts into real Performance Test, utilized different Load Runner monitoring tools, identified bottlenecks and analyzed the performance of Application Server and Database Server.
- Developed reusable functions using shared repository in QTP.
- Defined types of tests and identified the objectives.
- Analyzed and understood complex work flows and processes and develop innovative & robust approaches for for automation framework in Quick Test Professional(QTP).
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts and followed agile development process.
- Verified Process flow by writing and executing SQL queries and stored procedures using Oracle PL/SQL developer.
- Conducted functional, integration and regression testing of Web Services using Soap UI.
- Performed Backend Testing using SQL.
- Creation of test cases and execution of test cases.
- Attended weekly Status Meetings and present QA status to the Manager.
Environment: Manual testing, Junit, Win Runner, Quick Test Pro, SQL, WebLogic, Windows, Agile, Quality Center.
QA Manual Tester
- Experience in Defect Management including tracking and reporting bugs using HP ALM/Quality Center and thorough knowledge in JIRA .
- Experience in using Quality Center for Test Planning and Defect Reporting and Tracking, thorough understanding of the Defect life cycle process.
- Updating the test cases based on the Change Requests/Enhancements.
- Alalyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases .
- Performed manual testing for checking the functionality and executed the test cases in Quality Center.
- Updating the Requirement Traceability Matrix document.
- Written user stories in TFS added acceptance criteria for the requirements.
- Maintained the product backlog in TFS .
- Responsible for Bug management activities using Bugzilla .
- Performed End-to-End testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing .
- Involved in Preparing the Status Reports every week, which includes Revision History, Test case status, QA issues and Defects.
- Performed Regression testing on every new build’s and for every modification in the application.
Environment: Quality Center 11.0, HP ALM, Quick Test Professional, JIRA, Version1, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.