- Over 7+ years of Experience as a QA Automation Tester using Manual & Automation Testing of web, Mobile apps and client/server with specializing in QA Automation Engineer.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and Mercury Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Hands on experience with all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in editing and debugging tests using Selenium.
- Experienced in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, System Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Positive, Negative, Data Base Testing and Web Services Testing on various applications.
- Expertise in Selenium Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Java, TestNG, Cucumber & Maven.
- Experience of iterative Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC): Agile, Scrum, Waterfall methodology.
- Extensive experience in using Open Source Tools like Selenium IDE, Firebug, and Eclipse.
- Experienced in UI automation using Selenium web-driver automation with Java and TestNG framework.
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Ant, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Hudson, Team City, and Cruise Control.
- Very good experience in Automation Tool like Selenium, protractor and experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Experience in Database testing by using Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
- Creating and maintaining VB Scripts for UFT/QTP automation testing, parameterization, checkpoints, data validation, data-driven and keyword driven testing, object repository.
- Experience in VB Scripting, Groovy Scripting and SQL Queries in Backend Testing.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition. Good expertise in Automating the Validations using Shell and Python Scripts.
- Experienced in writing manual test scripts and logging defects using Quality Center, Bugzilla and JIRA.
- Highly experienced in coordinating with multiple teams, defects triaging, data management and assisting UAT test team.
- Extensive experience in Bug Tracking Tools such as Quality Center, JIRA and Rally.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing using QTP.
- Conducted System Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expertise in Manual/Automation testing with extensive knowledge of software development methodologies, testing methodologies, QA strategy, process and tools.
- Web Service API testing using Java client, SOUPUI and Java API testing.
- Experience is Practicing and Documenting Test Approach, Defect management methodologies, Test Design and Test Plans.
- Good Experience in XML, Web services, Soap UI, Site catalyst, API Testing, JMeter, UNIX logs.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
- In client server once connection is made it will be in state on connected, whereas in case of web testing http protocol.
- Experience in testing RESTful and SOAP based web services using various automation tools like SoapUI, HP Service Test.
- Rich knowledge of Agile methodology along with Automation Tools , Karma, Protractor.
- Experienced in different types of testing on AUT like GUI, Functional, Regression, System Testing, Integration, Performance and end to end Testing.
- Experience in optimizing enterprise-class software .
- Experience in Documenting and performing Review methodologies for Use Cases and Test Cases.
- Experience in testing methodologies using White box, Gray box, and black box testing techniques manually and by using Automation.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, Jira, and Test Director/Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and Team Foundation Server.
Automated Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid/RC, Junit, Cucumber, Win Runner, Load Runner, Microsoft team foundation server (MS TFS), HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, QTP, Eclipse, Protractor, Manual Testing, Appium (Android Testing) & JMeter, Log4j, firebug and fire path.
Scripting Languages: TSL, VBScript, Java Script. Python and Perl
Web Services: SOAPUI, RESTful
Web Technologies: HTML/HTML5, DHTML, CSS/CSS3, Adobe, Angular.JS, BootStrap, XHTML, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, VB, HTML, XML and SQL
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration tools: Hudson, Jenkins and Cruise Control
SDLC: Waterfall, Agile, RUP, Scrum
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome & Safari
IDE: IDE, Eclipse, My Eclipse
Protocols: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP.
Mobile Manual Testing: IOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access 2000, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL*Loader, MYSQL
Operating System: Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, LINUX and Mac
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe, Subversion, Perforce
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Test Cases, Cucumber, TestNG, ANT, Firebug, MS Excel, Java, Oracle, Windows 8/7, XP. Selenium, IDE, RC Web Driver, My Eclipse, JIRA, MySQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA, VBScript, Angular.js, AWS, Junit, TestNG, Fire Path, Maven, Firebug, XPath.
- Expertise in developing testing automation scripts for mobile native applications using Java.
- In order to execute the scripts on cross browsers, Selenium Grid environment is used.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using selenium WebDriver with TestNG and page object model, using Maven as Build tool.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects and actively participated in replicating the bugs and performed regression testing using JIRA.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language.
- Responsible for daily status reporting & managed end to end testing
- Maintained and executed the test scripts on ALM.
- Triggered the automation jobs using Jenkins to get the cucumber JSON reports
- Used Gherkin languages to write features and scenarios
- Involved in writing test scripts using java and executed it through selenium cucumber .
- Validated Soap Response files & performed Backend testing.
- Actively participated on Scrum to discuss about the issues facing and get the inputs from Business team to resolve which enhance the product quality.
- Used SOAP UI assertions and Groovy script for web service automation testing.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit/ TestNG/Cucumber and ANT).
- Conducted Defect Triage meetings with Development team to prioritize and analyze defects.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Used automated scripts and performed functionality testing during the various phases of the application development using Cucumber.
- Extensively worked on Cucumber with the preferred Languages Java.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium RC and WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Generated SQL Queries to get the data from MySQL for data verification.
- Involved in automating test cases using Cucumber.
- Restful Web Service testing using Http Client Java library.
- Responsible for execution of Selenium Test cases and reporting defections.
- Performed different kinds of manual testing like Functional, Integration and End-to-End testing during different phases of testing.
Confidential, West Haven, CT
QA/Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in Understanding the Functional Requirements of the Application and Test scenarios
- Developed Test cases, Test Scripts and Test scenarios.
- Created the Traceability Matrix between requirement and test cases.
- Test the web services using SOAP UI.
- Maintained Traceability matrix to map the defects with test cases and test cases with functional specs.
- Worked on quality center to design and formulate the test plan, test cases, test procedures based on requirement documents.
- Expertise in running Test Scripts from Quality Center/ Test Director on different hosts.
- Used Quality center to assign defects to the developer and took the responsibility to get them to closed status after working with developers and identifying the actual problem.
- Automates Smoke and Functional test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium WebDriver.
- Proficient in writing Selenium Web Driver automation scripts in Java using Maven, Cucumber, and TestNG
- Automation Testing for Web Applications.
- Developed automation test cases using TestNG framework and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed test cases and tested them based on the Business Requirements, Test Scenarios and analyzed the actual results against the expected results.
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method) -SOAP and Restful (JSON) in Java in ecommerce application.
- Worked on API testing using Java, JUnit and TestNG.
- Working on Frame work for Performance testing of all the Web service API (s) and Java API (s) using JMeter.
- Project based on Agile/Scrum methodology Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
QA/Automation Test Engineer
Environment: Quality Center, Java/J2EE, SQL Server, Web Services, UNIX, SoapUI tool. Windows, Selenium IDE, TestNG (6.7), Eclipse, QTP, MS Word, Excel, JSP, HTML, XML.
- Identified manual test cases for automation.
- Followed Agile methodology was part of sprint planning and attended daily stand up meetings.
- Analyzing Real Time End to End Business Scenarios and Designing test cases for 10 Lines of Businesses across 6 Niches, which involves various transactions.
- Testing critical functionalities like: Clock Movement, Batch Processing- Renewals, Sales, Preemption, Out of Sequencing, Activities/ UW Issues.
- Testing various Integrations points in PolicyCenter.
- Communicating with other dependent teams like Billing Center, Losses, Claims, Forms, Rating and other downstream teams.
- Create Automation Testing Framework in Java using Selenium WebDriver, Grid, JUnit, JDBC, JExcel and Maven for Windows and Mac.
- Analyzing Requirements, Designing test cases and Automating them using SWAT framework.
- Build Testing/ Regression Testing on a sprint-on-sprint basis.
- Logging Defects and Tracking them to closure by using HP Quality Center.
- Highlight risks on deliverables on a daily basis with clients during scrum.
- Performed Functional testing (Tested all links in web pages, Forms used), Usability Testing (Tested Navigation, content and other user information).
- Created RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix) to map the requirements with test case coverage.
- Involved in Functionality, User Interface, and Regression testing during the various phases of development using Selenium/TestNG.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium web driver.
- Used Id, Name, Links, XPath and CSS to work with dynamic and static elements in application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Developed new Automation test cases using selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Implemented properties files to read configurations and XPath of elements in the application for better readability of the code.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Had regular meetings with Developers to report various problems.
- Detecting Defects, communicating to Business Leads and Using Priority based, Business critical bases and enhancement based strategies to conduct Functional testing.
- Perform database verifications using SQL queries to validate test data.
- Reported various defects in user-friendly format using Quality Center as a test management tool and defect-tracking tool.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Software/ Automation/Manual Engineer
Environment: Quality Center, Soap UI, Erwin, UML, HTML, XML, Oracle 10g, Java Script, UNIX and Windows 7/XP, SQL Server 2008R2, Java Eclipse, JMeter, keyword driven.
- Responsible for reviewing the Requirements and Design.
- Responsible for Test planning, Test case design and Vertical and End to End execution.
- Log bugs and submit tracking status reports using Jira.
- Dashboard Automation related to End User which includes creation and payment modules.
- Executing special recommendations provided by development team and provides more test coverage to block regressions.
- Component (unit) testing of the modules modified/developed and the associated
- Regression testing - to make sure nothing is broken because of new functionality added.
- Works closely with developers and business analysts to define test scenarios and develop a plan to accomplish the test objective.
- Identified the key facts and dimensions necessary to support the business requirements.
- Developed the logical dimensional models.
- Used UML and Visio for creating Activity diagrams, Sequence Diagrams.
- Identified the objects and relationships between the objects to develop a logical model in Erwin tool.
- Developed entity and attribute descriptions and definitions for the models and ensure that conflicts in descriptions and definitions are resolved.
- Arranged walk through sessions with the user group and to confirm that all the requirements have been captured and obtained sign off on the requirements documents.
- Used Erwin for relational database and dimensional data warehouse designs.
- Conducts formal test case review sessions with project team, business analysts and incorporates feedback.
- Responsible for leading & managing the entire qualification activity from requirements review till final acceptance test.
QA /Automotive Tester
Environment: QTP, UAT Testing, Selenium webdriver API, Jira, Jenkins, SOAP UI, ETL/Backend testing, Oracle DB2, Mercury/HP Quality, Bugzilla, Java, SQL, GUI, Junit.
- Involved in maintenance of existing Automation Framework based on QTP/ VB Script.
- Developed Automation scripts in QTP to test new functionalities added to the application.
- Perform Data Driven testing on the web application for multiple sets of data using QTP.
- Experience in IT, extended expertise in QA and Automated Software Testing using QTP, SOAPUI, Quality Center tech.
- Created Shared Object Repository using QTP and developed reusable library functions and Recovery Scenarios using VB Script.
- Expertise in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong experience working with ETL Data warehouse implementation and complex SQL queries.
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target database systems, Source to Target column level mapping, check Referential integrity and created the scripts accordingly
- Involved in writing different SQL queries to access data from different database tables.
- Utilized Quality Centre for Bug tracking, reporting also used GIT as source control tool.
- Tested request and response XML based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Involved in testing the services of SOAP and REST using Rest Assured and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Implemented waterfall methodology.
- Used Appium for test Automation Framework, Cross platform test Automation.
- Designing and executing the automation scripts using Selenium-WebDriver.
- Maintain Selenium scripts in between releases. Reproduce failed automated test cases manually.
- Perform both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results.
- Executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.