- Over 8+ Years of experience in Analyzing, Designing and Implementation of Quality Assurance testing strategies for Web based and Client/Server applications using Manual Testing and Automation testing.
- Experienced in Defect life cycle, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management and different methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum.
- Involved in interacting closely with scrum team members and in understanding User Stories to full fill the tasks associated with user stories.
- Experienced with various types of testing like GUI testing, Web testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, End to End Testing, Unit Testing, Database testing, Smoke Testing, Performance Testing.
- Experienced in creating Test Plans, defining Test Scenarios and Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analysing bugs, coordinating with development team and track bug fixes till closure.
- Experience in mobile applications for IOS and android using tools like Appium, simulator and emulator.
- Diverse knowledge in dealing with various open source tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SoapUI, Cucumber, JUnit, Eclipse and TestNG.
- Hands on experience in writing dynamic XPath using FireBug and FirePath to identify web elements.
- Strong Knowledge in understanding of Object Oriented Programming principles and development of web based technologies in Java.
- Experience in testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services validation for XML and JSON.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS in Jasmine
- Experience in working with ANT, MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Specialized in performance testing applications using load - testing tools such as Load Runner, JMeter, Protractor.
- Experienced in Database Testing by using SQL & PLSQL queries for Data Migration and worked on ETL testing.
- Hands on experience in database testing on triggers, logical views and SQL queries which support database refactoring.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium Web driver and Cucumber in Java.
- Strong Knowledge in implementing Log4j as a logging framework and for the debugging.
- Experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, JIRA, Test Director/Quality Center (QC) and Team Foundation Server.
- Involved in developing Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber (Gherkins format).
- Worked on SVN to handle and maintain the build scripts, test data and other documents related to the project.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts and IT Technical Delivery Leads to complete testing specifications and release requirements.
- Delivered the Test results within timelines as Independent tester and as big teams too.
- Effective oral and composed relational abilities with more fixation on subtle elements of the undertaking rules of the project.
Testing Methods: Functional, Regression, Performance and load testing, Smoke testing, System testing, Integration testing, Black box and white box testing.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/RC/Grid, Unified Functional Testing(UFT/QTP),Appium(IOS/Andriod),JMeter,Junit,TestNG,SoapUI,REST, Load Runner, Cucumber, Protractor.
Test Framework: TestNG, Junit, Appium, TDD, ATDD, BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid and Modular Framework, Page Object Model
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla
Build/CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Team Foundation Server
Web Debugging: XPath, Firebug, Fire path, Web inspector, Chrome Developer Tools.
IDE: Eclipse and NetBeans
Databases: Oracle, MySQL 2008/2012, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: Windows, IOS, UNIX, Linux
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, CSS, JSON, Java Script, Ruby and Python, Angular.js, Node.js
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL Web services and SOAP UI
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Sr QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzing Business Requirements Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Working in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Performing functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Handling implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular.JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developing GUI automation testing framework, iOS and Android with Appium, Selenium and Page Object Model.
- Developing test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developing Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (JUnit /TestNG).
- Configuring Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Performing white box testing using TestNG for class, method, & Webservices testing.
- Involving in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implementing simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Using Appium for testing Mobile app with full access to back-end APIs and DBs from test code. performing load and performance testing using JMeter.
- Involving in preparing a report of all automation difficulties and test results for further application using Maven.
- Using emulators and simulators to test the application virtually.
- The entire Java scripting done using Cucumber Framework. Executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Using Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Performing Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly run of the Script.
- Using web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Fire path to locate elements.
- Using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Performing data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Reporting software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzing test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involving in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Preparing the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records and used Apache POI to read the data..
- Maintaining Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Gherkin, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center, GIT, Fire path, Firebug, Eclipse, Apache POI, POM, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Windows, JMeter.
Confidential, Redwood city, CA
Sr Automation Engineer
- Assessed & Analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Worked with developers to update the defects, resolve them and track their status using JIRA
- Implemented Data Driven with Page Object Model automation framework with Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed and executed Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and analyzed Test Results.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the tab menu using Selenium Actions Builder, Mouse Hover and Synchronization.
- Achieved Synchronization between test scripts execution and application using Implicit waits and Explicit waits.
- Used Selenium web driver to run the scripts in multiple platforms and browsers.
- Integrated Appium with Sauce Labs for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer.
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with required Mobile capabilities.
- Involved in grouping of Test automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application.
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers using TestNG where multiple tests were running in parallel.
- Implemented TestNG Framework and used Parameters, Data Provider TestNG annotations.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet for data driven testing.
- Implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Used Auto IT for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Involved in functional testing of SOAP and REST API services using SOAP UI Tool and tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Prepared BDD scenarios for UAT (User Acceptance testing) using Cucumber.
- Wrote Scenarios, Scenario outlines and Step definitions using Gherkin in Cucumber for BDD.
- Configured and launched builds using Jenkins jobs and analyzed the Test Results from Jenkins UI.
- Create UI automation testing framework for regression testing with off-shore team
- Developed Mobile Web Browser Automation test cases using Appium Java client
- Integrated JIRA using Restful API.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Protractor, Cucumber, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Labs, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, SQL, Auto IT, Apache POI, JIRA, SOAPUI, SQL Server, Eclipse.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr Automation/ Mobile Testing
- Developed automation scripts for new enhancements using Java, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, Maven and tested them using TestNG.
- Performed Mobile Testing for mobile application of Client, identified the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Jenkins.
- Used Selenium Grid for executing test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Performed manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator.
- Extensively used Selenium locators like (Xpath, CSS Selectors, Fire Bug, Fire path locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many test suites.
- Connected to database and performed queries on the database for data verification and validation.
- Used SVN version control system for Managing the automation source code.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Analyzed test results and prepared test/defect summary report for Sr. Management.
- Reported bugs, prepared various test documents for ETL process and sent e-mail notifications to the developers whenever there is a change in the status of the defects using the HP Quality Center/ALM.
- Tested request and response XML’s based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Tested end-to- end system performance using HP Load Runner.
- Performed white box testing to examine the program structure and to derive the test data from the program logic.
- Performed different types of testing like smoke, functional, system integration, black box, positive, negative and regression testing.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber and Java to write behaviors and step definitions and developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated in QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed about enhancements, modification request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, SOAPUI, Cucumber, Maven, SVNEclipse, Jenkins, HTML, XML, Agile, Quality Center, Load Runner, Apache Tomcat and Windows.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium with Junit.
- Test cases were written and automated using Selenium RC to automate manual testing solutions.
- Performed Data Driven Testing with UFT.
- Performed Functional Testing through QTP using VBScript Scripting language.
- Used Selenium RC used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Reviewed Specified Business Documents and prepared Test Cases using Quality Center based on the requirements.
- Knowledge of writing Junit tests using Junit framework
- As a part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements was executed.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
Environment: Selenium RC, Java, Junit, SQL, Quality Center, VBScript, HTML, QTP, Windows.
- Client requirement gathering, analyzing and designing a customized automation framework.
- Preparing the specific presentations and explaining the capabilities of automation to the client.
- Developed a common keyword driven automation framework for both Web as well as Mobile applications.
- Worked on VBScript to develop Test Automation Scripts and also modified the existing scripts as per the requirements.
- Used QTP/UFT to insert check points to check for broken links, texts or other properties of objects.
- Performed Data Driven testing using Data table parameterization in QTP scripts.
- Held project planning and status sessions bi-weekly and also daily Scrum meetings.
- Experience in Descriptive Programming using QTP to maintain and handle the properties of dynamic objects.
- Involved in Application Security validation using different browsers like Data driven and Keyword Driven Testing Frameworks.
- Worked with SOAP UI to test both hybrid and web based applications.
- Used Firebug to identify objects on desktop web application.
- Developed rigorous SQL queries in PL/SQL to perform the database operation for verification and validation.
- Web services testing using SOAPUI (Get Method, POST Method) -SOAP and Restful (JSON) in Java in Web Application.
Environment: QTP/UFT, JUnit, VB Script, Clear Quest, Waterfall, Windows, SOAP UI, XML, Oracle, PL/SQL, GitHub.
Systems Test Engineer
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases. Performed Manual Testing on different modules of the Application.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, use cases AGILE (SDLC) PROCESS and worked on automation and manual testing of the application.
- Developed Module based Test Automation frameworks for minimum manual intervention. Organized the test cases in the HP ALM/Quality Center (QC) for Manual Test execution also generated reports and graph type documents for results using QC.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries. Participated in Integration, System, Smoke Testing.
- Identified the initial setup, input data, appropriate steps and the expected responses in the manual test cases.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Quality Center (HP QC) as a bug tracking system.
Environment: Quality Center, JAVA, XML, Manual testing, MS SQL Server, SQL, MS Office.