- Have a total of 5+ yrs. of experience with expertise in Automated Testing of Web based applications using Selenium RC/IDE/Web Driver/Grid and JUnit/TestNG Automation Tools
- Experienced in Web Services testing, Performance testing, and Load testing
- Experienced in designing end to end Unit/API tests, Functional tests, Integration tests, Performance and Regression tests
- Well - versed in documenting test plans, writing test cases, and performing effort-estimation analysis
- Experienced in designing a robust, scalable automation framework using the Page Object Model approach
- Experienced working with the Spring Framework
- Implemented automation frameworks such as Test-driven, Keyword-driven, Data-driven and Hybrid type frameworks.
- Functional knowledge of build management tools such as Maven & Jenkins CI
- Skilled in using both centralized and distributed version control systems (SVN, Git)
- Comfortable working in a command-line Linux environment
- Proficient in Software Engineering best practices and Quality Assurance methodologies
- Experienced in preparing QA documentation such as Test Design Specifications, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) etc.
- Able to troubleshoot test failures and issues in the application
- Demonstrable ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced working in Agile as well as complex Onshore-Offshore project environments
- Extensive experience with Waterfall and Agile Methodologies and related tools like JIRA and Rally
- Hands on Coding Experience in Java, C#, C++, C, VB, SQL, and PL/SQL languages.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/reporting, Cucumber, JUnit, Page Object Model, Load Runner, Quality Center, HP ALM,Rally, JIRA and Rest Assured
Web Services: SOAP, Restful, SoapUI, Postman
Programming Language: Java, C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Web Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
Other Tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Oracle Virtual Box, Eclipse
Software Quality Engineer
- Involved in planning and estimating user stories during iteration/sprint planning sessions.
- Assisting in building and maintaining automation test framework and tools.
- Involved in ‘Test Early” approach, where automation scripts are written simultaneously while an application feature is being developed.
- Identifying test scenarios for inclusion into the automated test suite.
- Creating Page Objects model WebDriver specific automated test code using Java and TestNG.
- Designing and performing load and performance tests of Rest APIs in Apache JMeter.
- Translating JMeter results and creating reports to present to product team and upper management.
- Enhance the automation framework with streamlined robust APIs.
- Participated in peer code reviews.
- Maintaining automated regression test cases suite and updating with new test cases as requirements arise.
- Involved in training team members in Selenium WebDriver and Apache JMeter.
- Creating comprehensive bug reports in Rally with steps to reproduce expected and actual results so development team.
- Participating in Agile meetings, which included iteration estimation, planning and daily scrum meetings.
- Updated Maven pom.xml from to retrieve the necessary Selenium artifacts from Maven Repositories.
- Responsible for Log4j, TestNG configurations files for logging the information while executing selenium tests.
- Performed Unit testing for Java applications using JUNIT4.
- Executed Web Services functional testing and created test suites for validating SOAP and REST based services using SOAP UI.
- Created and Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure test coverage of all requirements.
- Submitted defects detected in the application and tracked the progress of defect fixes.
- Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
Environment: Java, Springs Framework, Selenium WebDriver & Grid, TestNG, JMeter, SoapUI, Saucelabs, Maven, Jenkins, Rally, Git, Cucumber, Drupal, Charles HTTP Proxy Analyzer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Coordinated routine activities for various test teams, scheduling drive tests, cluster assignments, thereby exhibiting excellent leadership & managing qualities.
- Tested JDSU and Tems Software for new patches and made sure it worked fine with the hardware/equipment provided to the drive test teams.
- Maintained the Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like Git.
- Performed mobile testing using JDSU and analyzed the data on regular basis.
- Helped teams troubleshoot any issues they had with hardware or software while driving using Team Viewer.
- Maintained and Tested all test tools and equipment.
- Performed Network testing to check/verify the throughput (DL/UL) on various devices.
- Performed Mobile originating (MO) and mobile termination (MT) call testing to check call failures on the phones.
- Checked compatibility of various Navigational tools with drive testing software for any issues.
- Updated licenses, installation of software tools, install drivers for hardware.
- Updated drive test data files, pre and post analysis of drive data.
- Performed coverage checks sent reports directly to senior engineers with recommendations.
Environment: JDSU, Tems, Windows 7, Quality Center, GSM, CDMA, Samsung, LG.
- Create, Execute and Maintain over 2500 test cases through Mingle and Quality Center for Regression testing
- Reusable scripts handle dynamic pages using Selenium WebDriver using Java Programming
- Parallel Cross-Browser testing using Selenium GRID and TestNG
- Implement robust Page Object Model framework using Object Oriented Programming Java and open source unit test framework TestNG that increase the code maintainability.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application developed in agile environment
- Wrote test plans, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources
- Wrote and documented test cases based on corresponding business user requirements documents & technical specification and other operating conditions
- Attending meetings, and documented User Change requests
- Analyzed user change requirements, and made necessary amendments to the test requirements
- Performed Regression testing
Environment: HP iLO, Blade/SL/DL/ML Series Servers, Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, openSUSE Linux, VMware, Selenium IDE, Mingle, HP Quality Center.