- Over 5+ years of IT Experience Automation Tester and Quality Engineer in the areas of Health care, Banking, Quality Analysis and implementing QA methodologies.
- Experience in Java development technologies for preparing Test Scripts using Selenium Web driver.
- Experienced in Manual and Automation Tools (Selenium), experience includes Unit, Functional, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Strong experience in Java Programming, Selenium Web driver, TestNG. Good experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Worked closely with the web development team to ensure quality deliverables. Good domain knowledge on Health care, and Finance Services.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile environment such as Scrum, planning and Demos. (Project deliverables in Sprints).
- Created the Test plans, attended meetings with Product Owner for better understanding of requirements.
- Utilized JIRA as a Test management tool for planning test tasks, Defect reporting and Tracking.
- Designed, Organized and implemented different automation frameworks using hybrid automation framework and Data Driven Framework.
- Good Knowledge on writing SQL queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Experience in bug and tracking defects using tools like JIRA, ALM.
- Expertise writing automation scripts in JAVA for Selenium Web Driver.
- Experienced in Selenium Data - Driven Framework with Java programming and TestNG annotations.
- Performed Smoke, Functional, regression, API and Parallel Testing on the Web applications.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, & TestNG.
- Expertise in Design patterns like Page Object Model, Data Driven Testing, Hybrid Driven testing.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Business Analysts, Testers, Developers and other team members in complex testing projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Strong knowledge in reporting the issues and tracking it to closure in test execution phase and Created Test summary report.
- Great experience in the MY SQL platform especially on SQL standards and Java.
- Won best team player award.
- Primary responsibilities include development and execution of test scripts for new and or modified functionality.
- Developed Test Cases from requirement document (User Stories).
- Created and executed detailed test cases for the assigned area.
- Used Toad to manipulate SQL queries for back-end testing.
- Experience working with geographically distributed onsite, offshore, development and testing teams
- Participated in the Backlog grooming, daily standup, tasking and retrospective meetings
- Lead several QA testing teams from designing acceptance test criteria through QA sign off
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/GRID, data driven concepts, QTP, Cucumber, Rational ClearQuest, SOAPUI, Jaws, Appium, See Test, Jaws, Appium.
Testing Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, REST Assured.
Performance Testing tools: JMeter, HP Load Runner.
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Fire path, Xpath.
Development Environment: Eclipse IDE, Microsoft Visual Studio.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson
Project/Test Management Tools: HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA, IBM Rational, Clear Quest.
Microsoft tools: MS-WORD, MS-VISIO, MS-PROJECT, MS-EXCEL, Outlook.
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access.
Operating System: Windows, Android, IOS, UNIX, LINUX.
Confidential, New York
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java prior to agile release.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Jbehave, Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and Page Navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver + S framework by preparing Test Plan, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Metrics and Implementing Data Driven Framework based on project needs and configured framework with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Performed Functional, Negative, Positive, Integration, Regression, End to End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on Cross browser and Cross Platform Environment.
- Created test cases using the Xpath, Fire path and Firebug element locator techniques in Selenium WebDriver and executed them in multiple browsers and platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Worked on ANT and MAVEN to create projects, JAR files, POM.xml with artifacts and dependencies.
- Performed Mobile testing (IOS, Android) using Appium. Tested Native, Hybrid and Mobile web apps using Java and Selenium WebDriver.
- Identified objects like Textbox button, Static and Dynamic Dropdowns, Checkbox, Radio button of Apps using Android UI Automator for both IOS and Android.
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, TDD methodologies, SDLC using Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases ensuring full test documentation for all code to be tested.
- Tested software Releases against requirements utilizing functional, smoke, regression and/or performance tests.
- Worked in the agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and interact with Business Analyst and Developers in requirements analysis, design reviews, testing and documentation for application.
- Analysis and tracking defects, Managing Defect and Reporting by Clear Quest.
- Defects were tracked, assigned and reported using Mercury Quality Center.
- Frequently Created and maintained SQL Scripts to perform Back-end testing on the Oracle database for data integration and data analysis.
- Involved in development of Business and Technical Requirements in preparation of System Architecture, Information Strategy, and Detailed Design documents for Business Needs and Processes.
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Testing perspective, Business Process, and System Architecture/Design.
- Performed Configuration Management and Version Control using Rational Clear Case.
- Involved in the development of Test Plans, Test Cases, and Expected Results, and coordinated the tests with the QA team to verify implementation of new features and enhancements.
- Executed SQL statements to check if the data integrity has been maintained.
- Executed SQL statements to test the integration between application and database.
- Performed negative and positive testing using SQL Queries.
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers.
- Worked in an independent environment and managed the allocated time resources responsibly.
- Conducted manual (UAT) User Acceptance Testing and (UT) Usability testing.
- Maintained test matrix and bug database and generated weekly reports.
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings focused on strategizing the testing effort of subsequent projects.
Environment: Java, Python, Selenium Web Driver, Test Manager, Mobile Testing, Test NG, SOAPUI, REST API, QTP, CA Lisa, Cucumber, Maven, Eclipse, Jenkins, Fire path, Firebug, HTML, XML, Agile, Quality center, JIRA, Coded UI, SQL, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Created and maintained Selenium Automation Scripts for Scrum stories.
- Implemented Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven Frameworks and Page Objects using Selenium.
- Compatibility of various applications for Dynamic and Static under different cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium are tested.
- Responsible for converting automation scripts into new framework using Selenium web driver, Java and TestNG/Junit.
- Experience in testing desktop based Client/Server and Web based application, Automation tools using UFT and Selenium.
- Experienced in using Version Control Tools like SVN and GitHub.
- Worked on load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Flexible in using Jenkins as a continuous integration server to configure with MAVEN and GitHub.
- Converted QTP scripts into Selenium scripts. Used Java as Language and Eclipse as IDE, Maven as build tool, Jenkins as CI tools.
- Tracked software defects via HP ALM
- Used JIRA tool for tracking stories progress and follow agile methodology.
- Set up Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling the Git source control system.
- Worked on Agile - Behavior Driven Development(BDD) model and agile (SCRUM) methodology and used JIRA to defect tracking.
- Performed Regression Testing in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) for impacted existing functionality.
- Modular Driven and Hybrid Automation frameworks by using QTP/UFT.
- Developed various Python scripts to find vulnerabilities with SQL Queries by doing SQL injection, permission checks and performance analysis.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Experience in configuration of server files, deployment of the builds on the server (Windows and Linux) and debugging error log files of web server &web application & windows applications.
- Attended daily Scrum/Agile stand-up meetings with the team to discuss status.
- Analyze Business requirements, system requirements specifications and project artifacts.
- Worked closely with product owner to understand requirements and work with scrum masters.
- Creating Test Strategy, Test Plan, Approach, Traceability matrix, Test Scripts and Test data
- Querying Teradata Database as per mapping, to retrieve data and validate transformations.
- Validate the WSDL request and response messages and data elements using SOAP UI.
- Data comparison and automating validation process using SAS EG to validate Regression scenarios
- Creating test suite, identify test data, perform test execution and reporting the defects
- Involved in QA status meetings and Defect Triage Meetings with Development and testing teams to discuss, analyze and prioritize project defects based on the detailed analysis of the defects
- Involved in Regression Testing for every new build in QA and Pre-Production Environments.
- Work proactively with members of agile team to find root cause of defects in the project
- Execute Test cases, Review and Ensure validations and good test coverage of client requirements.
Environment: Agile, Data Warehouse/ETL, Teradata, SAS EG, QC, HTML, XML, Internet Explorer/Firefox, Windows 7, Oracle 10G, JAVA, Selenium web driver, Selenium RC, XPATH, QTP, HTML, Maven 3.11 Soap UI, Jenkins, Gherkin, TestNG, Junit, Restful, Eclipse, JIRA, Appium, Git, Mockito, Protractor, SQL, PLSQL, SOAP, UNIX.
Confidential, New Hyde Park, NY
Senior QA Analyst
- Designed and developed test cases for automated testing using Selenium Web Driver, Junit, JAVA(Eclipse).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Analyze the Business Requirements Specification, System Requirements Specification and User Specification documents
- Assist QA Lead in preparing Master Test Plan and mentoring the junior test team members.
- Conduct regression analysis of the Test Scripts.
- Communicate with Business Analyst, Developers to review requirements and to resolve the problems while executing the test scripts.
- Extensively worked in agile environment, with daily scrum/stand up meeting, sprint planning, and review.
- Document and manage User Stories using JIRA; Project requirements and technical specifications, QA results / notes using Confluence.
- Create and execute Test Cases; Perform System Integration, Regression and User acceptance testing.
- Used Soap UI/Postman for functional API testing and verifying the Request and response XML and JSON objects.
- Manage defects using JIRA, and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues. Prepare defect status calls and emails.
- Reviewed all Functional Specifications, Use Case Document, and Required Documents and developed test scenarios and test data.
- Analyzed the functionality and designed test cases for both functional and regression testing and editing of automated script by inserting logical commands to handle complicated test scenarios.
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL statements like Join, Inner Joins, Outer joins and Self Joins used TOAD and SQL Developer.
- Test and create reports using with SQL Queries as per requirements, and extensively used Toad to execute SQL Queries to verify and validate the Database Updates.
- Worked on Linux environment to execute the shell scripts, FTP the log files from Linux to windows and emailed to developers to debug the issue.
Environment: HTML 5, XML, JSON, Java 1.7, Angular 1.5, SQL Enterprise 2010, Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox, MS-Office, Windows, JIRA, Confluence, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Soap UI, Postman, SnagIt, Toad, Agile Methodology.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Experienced on IDX Software used for the medical claims.
- Participated in daily Scrum and reviewed User Stories.
- Testing and quality assurance of ongoing system changes and enhancements of the web based portal.
- Analyzed system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for ongoing business initiatives.
- Worked in Agile-Scrum Methodology and attended sprint planning meetings.
- Actively involved in UI, functional, database and Integration testing of the application
- Developed and maintained the test case repositories for functional and regression testing in HP ALM.
- Responsible for carrying out smoke testing, GUI testing, system testing, Integration testing, regression testing, functional testing and User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Performed System, Regression, and Back end database testing of the application.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix to map requirements and test cases.
- Developed automated Data Driven scripts to perform negative and positive testing of an application by providing different data.
- Used HP ALM for bug-reporting, tracking and to create and execute various scenarios, generate graphs, overlaid graphs for comparison, and analyzed the results.
- Extensively performed smoke and sanity testing.
- Executed Cross Browser testing on IE, Chrome, Firefox to ensure compatibility.
- Participated in Peer Review.
- Created & executed SQL Queries to validate the data stored in database.
- Performed regression testing of the stories completed in previous iterations.
Environment: HTML 5, XML, JSON, Java 1.7, JSP, SQL Enterprise 2010, Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox, MS-Office, Windows, ALM, HIPAA, Agile Methodology, Windows 7, Oracle 10G, Toad, SVN, SOAPUI, Agile/Scrum, Mainframe, Batch Process.