- Over 7 Years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, which includes rich experience in Manual and Automated testing in various domains like Insurance, Banking, Financial and Product.
- Strong experience of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and different testing methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience in working with open source tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid, Cucumber, JIRA.
- Experience in developing framework for Functional Test Automation using Java and TestNG, POM.
- Experience in using Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project building tool.
- Expertise in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Strategy and other Artifacts to test the application and prepare traceability matrix to ensue test coverage.
- Professional in Smoke Testing, Black box testing, White box Testing, Functional testing, System Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Performance Testing.
- Knowledge on Web Services testing, Message testing tasks using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI, REST API.
- Experience in Creating guidelines for executing manual regression tests, automated tests.
- Worked closely with SME's to make sure that Test Cases and Test strategy cover every aspect to catch defects at initial stages of testing.
- Worked on defect - tracking tools such as Microsoft Test Manager, JIRA, Bug Zilla.
- Experience in Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Experience in Creating and executing manual Test Cases using HP ALM, Quality Center, Test Link.
- Involved in Documenting test cases and created the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to demonstrate the test coverage.
- Hands on experience in Test driven development (TDD), Behavior driven development (BDD) and acceptance test driven development (ATDD) approaches.
- Knowledge in Data Warehousing concepts, Data Analysis, Data Warehouse Architecture and Designing.
- Excellent knowledge on RDBMS concepts, Oracle (SQL & PL/SQL), MS SQL Server.
- Proficiency in Back-End Testing specifically in developing and executing SQL queries to interact with databases.
- As a Business Analyst, worked closely with Development team to understand the system, resolving issues, discuss the design and testing aspects of the application.
- Worked on ENOVIA ’s “collaboration and knowledge management” Tool as the source of truth to create, store, route for approval, and share documents.
- Extensive understanding in the complete PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) process.
- Used the integrated product design tools: Enginuity for formulated businesses, CATIA for rigid device designs, and APPLS for assembled businesses.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, conducting JAD sessions, Business and Systems reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Working on the Migration of Research Protocols from SMART to ENOVIA.
- Initiated the development of PDTs (Product Data Templates) for the IRM and DSM objects.
- Prepared Training documents and work flow charts to facilitate Business Users during UAT.
- Quickly master new concepts and technologies, and capable of working in groups as well as independently.
- Team player with excellent communication and inter-personal communication skills.
Testing Tools: UFT, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Eclipse, Cucumber
TestManagement Tools: HP ALM /Quality Centre, Quick Base.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA,Bugzilla and Bug Tracker.
Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, POM
Languages: C, Java, VBScript
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XSLT
Packages: MS-Office Suite, MS-Project, MS-Visual Studio, Eclipse
Database: MS Access, SQL Server, ORACLE and MYSQL
Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Win 2003 Server, 2008 Server and UNIX
Confidential, Mason, OH
- Actively involved with scrum and sprint meetings, managing product backlog, re-allocating resources where necessary, prioritizing and review milestones and accomplishments.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared User Stories based on functional specifications and requirements.
- Reviewing the Flagged/Rejected Tasks from VEEVA system of GPS.
- Performed different type of testing on application to ensure that application is error free.
- Develop, Maintain and update test cases for Regression test to effectively manage testing process.
- Responsible for monitoring the server logs for defect tracking and perform server shutdown and restart as needed in Unix.
- Tracked the server log to find out the server crash reasons.
- Responsible for Bug tracking and reporting, followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status.
- Created Selenium tests for regression and production monitoring purposes.
- Prepared Detailed Test plan considering both Manual & Automation testing process.
- Performs functional testing with Selenium as primary tool to identify Test conditions.
- Configured test environment for specific test scenarios, created test data, and executed automated and manual tests, documented results, and updated defect tracking systems.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project and Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Execute test cases and reported all deviations from expected results to the team for appropriate tracking and resolution.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Extensively used Selenium Web Driver to provide more flexibility in automating User Stories.
- Worked on proof of concept to Automate Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium tool.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium Web driver.
- Responsible for executing the SQL queries using the SQL developer to verify the results in the database
- Involved in preparing Requirements Traceability Matrix to Map test cases to Requirements to ensure complete test coverage.
- Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Retested the modifications, once bugs are fixed after reinstalling the application.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Maven, POM, SQL, JIRA, TestNG.
Confidential, Mason, OH
- I am responsible for Creating Routes and Route Templates for the Approvals.
- I am able to handle Social and Collaborative Apps to perform different tasks with different roles.
- Worked on the flow of Related specifications and Reference documents in to the IRM.
- Gap analysis is done by understanding the As-Is systems and requirements for the To-Be system.
- Facilitate Weekly Meetings to monitor & track project status & publish minutes of meetings to all teams clearly stating the completed tasks & next Action items. Accustomed to a fast pace & multiple assignment, fulfilling priorities, & meeting deadlines while consistently achieving or exceeding Business expectations as well as company objectives.
- Conducted and participated in JAD sessions with stakeholders and system users to collect the software requirement specifications (SRS) for development of new features on existing system.
- Create and maintain test cases in HP ALM, along with test summary and defect reporting from Quality manager.
- I am involved in maintaining different PDF views (All info, Supplier, Gen doc etc..)
- Constructed Traceability Matrix using MS Excel to monitor compliance of requirements. Interacted with stakeholders to identify, analyze and document data sources and the needful requirements.
- Created the business process model using MS Visio for better understanding of the system and presented it to Project Manager and other team members for validation.
- When it comes to IRM, I have Initiated the process of making PDTs - product data templates for the objects like project, folders and documents.
Environment: HP ALM, MS Office.
Sr. QA Engineer
- Involved in Understanding Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Specifications and Use Cases in the initial phase development.
- Involved in checking the performance related issues and performs static testing if needed due to frequent change in requirements
- Involves in Daily scrum meetings with offshore team to discuss the status and issues based on the criticality
- Involved in designing the Integration /Regression Test cases with respect to the User Stories
- Developing Regression suit for various module using Selenium Web driver with core Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Used various available features of Selenium to develop efficient and error free Automated Test Scripts using Java in Eclipse IDE.
- Implemented various Checkpoints for data validation and synchronization and developed Reusable functions using selenium WEBDRIVER.
- Assisted in the execution of integration testing activities in selenium WEBDRIVER
- Automate the test cases using Selenium Web driver with JAVA Framework TestNG
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Executed Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) of a Web based application
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed Test Cases also involved in weekly status and task review meeting.
- Review the System Test cases with all the IT stake holders as well as Business.
- Implemented Page Objects, Test classes using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, and TestNG.
- Monitored regression test results, created bugs and retested as needed.
- Developed test scenarios and user stories for smoke testing, functional testing, positive and negative testing, boundary testing.
- Performs manual testing occasionally during critical release time issues.
- Worked with SQL database for data validation.
- Automate the previous release changes using Selenium Webdriver2.0, TestNG and Cucumber.
Environment: HP Quality Center ALM, Java, TestNG, Web Driver, Windows XP, SQL Server 2012, Unix
- Attended Daily meeting with client for better understanding of requirements and take part in walkthrough and defect report meetings periodically.
- Used SIT for testing the data for integrating with multiple systems.
- Created test case scenarios, executed Test cases and maintained defects in internal bug tracking systems.
- Involved in migrating old data into an upgraded version.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Involved in evaluating critical problems/issues during testing and reporting them in Quality Center.
- Involved in documenting the changes to the universe and reports functionality.
- Performed data validation by writing T- SQL queries and creating ad hoc reports, extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Responsible for Designing and creation of complex mappings using SCD type II involving transformations such as expression, joiner, aggregator, lookup, update strategy, and filter.
- Retested the resolved defects after the developers fix the issues.
- Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
- Tested and validated the SSRS reports by running similar T- SQL queries against the source system
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, VSS, Data Staging, UNIX, Oracle 10G
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during gathering requirements for the product and documented Test scenarios.
- Create defect reports using Dashboard module of HP Quality Center as required.
- Managed manual Test Cases in HP Quality Center.
- Drafted test plan which included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules
- Managed defects using Defect Module of HP Quality center.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual.
- Executed manual and automated regression Test Cases after the bug fixes as per test scenarios.
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyze the test results and report defect as encountered via automated scripts.
- Performed Black box, User Interface (UI), functional of web application and validated business rules.
- Designed and executed queries in SQL to get data matching the required criteria from Oracle database using SQL Developer
- Wrote SQL queries to extract Data from Tables to verify the output data of the reports.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Windows XP, SQL, MS Office, Test Link, Mantis BT.