- 6+ years of IT Industry experience as QA Analyst for applications of various size in different domains.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC and worked with both Agile/SCRUM and Waterfall Life Cycle methodologies.
- Expert in tracking bugs and creating reports using defect tracking tools like Quality Center (ALM), Jira and Bugzilla.
- Experienced in Back - end testing, data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Expert in writing test scripts in Selenium Web Driver using Java.
- Hands on experience in Test Frameworks using TestNG/MAVEN/JENKINS/CUCUMBER build tools.
- Experienced in logging defects and providing root cause analysis on the criticality of defects.
- Expertise with entire QA life cycle activities such as requirements analysis, design, development and implementation of test scripts/test cases, entry and exit criteria, defect tracking and documentation.
- Quality Assurance expertise and background includes testing experience using Functional, Smoke, User Interface, Black Box, Integration, Regression and Database testing.
- Proficient in writing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases/Test Scenarios, Test Estimation, and Traceability Matrix based on user requirements and functional specifications.
- Proficient in SQL, retrieving data for creating test cases.
- Ability to rapidly pick up application knowledge and apply analytical skills to new projects.
- Experienced in working with business analysts, developers in analyzing business specifications and also working with other testers to resolve technical and end-user issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal & problem solving skills in client interactions, analyzing business requirements, and requirements elicitation.
- Effective in multitasking and management of tasks according to priorities.
- Identify, define and organize test ideas, test scenarios and test cases based on technical specifications.
- Test web applications for various customers and made sure functionality is working as per requirements.
- Report bugs using JIRA, assure reports are easily reproducible and contains information needed to asses them.
- Perform software-testing activities with concentration on Smoke and UAT testing, data analysis and product validation before release.
- Perform functional testing such as Smoke Testing, User Interface Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing,
- Develop test cases manually and generate Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Cucumber, Maven and Jenkins.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to discuss ongoing testing initiatives with QA Team.
- Participate in daily defect calls to discuss issues surrounding defects with developers.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver and TestNG framework, JENKINS.
- Review and analyze business requirements and use case documents for SAP MM implementation.
- Create and manage test plans, test cases for various user stories based upon defined acceptance criterion in Quality Center (ALM).
- Extensively involved in all phases of testing within the SDLC and the various testing methodologies (ie, functional, load, stress and performance, regression, negative/positive, black and glass box).
- Execute manual and automated test cases and scripts and verified both the user interface and as well as database and compared the actual results against the expected results.
- Test new functionality and re-test existing functionality when new change was implemented related to that functionality.
- Track software defects and maintain repository of defects in Quality Center (ALM). Coordinate re- testing of defects with the project team and documents the conditions and results of testing.
- Track test results and create reports on defects currently open in sprint . Report test execution metrics using HP Quality Center/ALM tool.
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and execution of regression testing.
- Performed backend testing by writing and executing the SQL queries.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, QTP, Jira, SQL, Manual Testing
SAP Analyst/QA Analyst
- Analyzed existing and new business requirements and processes related to SAP MM and HR modules.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP transactions, processes, master data, and integration between modules.
- Writing effective test cases and scenarios from business requirements and ensured test cases cover all parts of functionality.
- Reviewed and suggested changes to requirements and test cases.
- Created Test Data and extensively performed Functional, System, Regression, and Integration testing.
- Logged defects found in code and maintained repository of defects in Test Director and retested defects once fixed.
- Assisted developers in resolving issues/defects with the code and offered suggestions for improvement as needed.
- Worked closely with business and provided the test data for User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Analyzed the extracted data from the database using SQL queries and MS-Excel.
- Worked closely with test lead and project manager to coordinate test activities including creation of test plan and test schedule.
- Led/Assist defect management process and reported test execution status and defect metrics.
- Led discussions/decisions regarding test data and performance test needs.
- Worked collaboratively with Developers, other QA Analysts, Business Analysts, Project Manager and represented QA interests at project planning sessions and status meetings.
Environment: SAP MM, SAP HR, SQL, Excel, Access
- Verified business requirements and technical specifications;
- Prepared and executed business test cases and conducted user-acceptance testing;
- Assisted the design team in the preparation of the high level design of application; and
- Developed an internal tracking tool and extensively worked with Lotus and Java Scripting and Classes.
Environment: Lotus Notes/Domino Designer 6.5, Java and Lotus Scripting