- 6+ Years of experience in Software Testing, Test Automation, Quality Assurance, Analysis and Design in various domains such as Healthcare, Insurance, Application Performance and Banking Applications.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the Role of QA in different testing methodologies like Agile, and Waterfall.
- Extensive experience in the Quality Assurance and Automated/Manual testing of web based, Client/Server applications using Black Box(Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing and Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing) and White Box testing techniques.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, Designing Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Executing Test Cases and Reproducing Defects.
- Experience in automating the test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Writing Test cases using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Experience in writing Shell Scripts and working on Unix/Linux operating System
- Experience in providing efficient locators for strategies like Xpath and CSS to perform cross browser testing by using web debugging tools like Firepath and Firebug.
- Good Knowledge and experience on Python Scripting
- Worked effectively with Developers, Agile teams, project management to achieve high quality automation, and to meet release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
- Expertise on Testing REST API using SOAP UI.
- Experience in querying the Database using SQL commands for backend testing.
- Good experience on Build and Configuration Tools like MAVEN .
- Expertise in understanding client requirements, change requirements, algorithms, business procedures, flows. Conducting knowledge sharing sessions among team members.
- Discussions with Business Analysts, Developers, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Worked in Multi - platform Environments like Windows, UNIX, Web applications, and GUI based client/server applications.
- Cross browser Testing using Coded UI Automation tool by integrating selenium component and usage of various test attributes.
- Solid management skills, demonstrated proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills with proven abilities in resolving complex software / application related issues.
- Extensive working experience in Offshore - Onshore model.
Tools: Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Jenkins, Eclipse IDE, Selenium Grid, Firebug, Firepath, Soap UI,Maven, HP ALM, QC.
Database: SQL Server 2008/2005
Scripting/Programming: Java, XML, HTML, Shell scripting, Unix Commands and Python Scripting.
Operating System/Environment: Windows XP, Win 7, 10, Server 2008, Linux/Unix
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Other Tools: Microsoft Office
Confidential, Fremont, CA
QA Automation/Manual Engineer II
- Requirements understanding with Development team & Business users. Analyzed business requirements and functional specifications to develop test plans, test scenarios and test cases accordingly.
- Developed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium and TestNG framework.
- Used Firebug, Fire Path, inspect etc. to identify the XPath location of elements in the web page.
- Performed integration testing on the Web services SOAP and REST using SoapUI.
- Documented the defects using ALM and tracked them to completion by communicating and co-i coordinating with the project team.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries to validate the data flow and the data updates in the Oracle database.
- Developed Page Object Model(POM) framework using page factory.
- Used TestNG.xml file to run test cases in a Batch.
- Used Selenium Webdriver to write automated web application UI test.
- Performed the Data Driven Testing.
- Used UNIX commands to extract the log files from server to identify the root cause of issues. nanActively participated in bug triage meetings with QA team and developers to discuss and resolve defects.
- Attended UAT testing and assisted BA and project manager in conducting UAT sessions.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, HP ALM, Microsoft Windows, MS Office Suite, SQL, and UNIX
Confidential San Francisco, CA.
Software Test Engineer
- Review Functional requirement and use case document to understand the Business logic, application requirement and technical aspects of the system.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and meetings involved in QA planning, coordination and implementation of QA methodology.
- Responsible for participation in writing the test plan and test cases based on the business requirements.
- Used engineering skills to improve processes and automate QA tasks using Java.
- Selenium was used to generate automated test scripts for functionality.
- Created scripts using WebDriver based on DDF and Keyword driven framework.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium Web Driver with TestNG Framework.
- Used Firebug to inspect the X path of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Developed SQL queries to query the database find out correct data for testing and to test the backend process of the application.
- Performed data driven test and regression testing using Selenium.
- Involved in creating Test Case Scenarios, Test Case Execution and maintaining defects using JIRA.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Perform Test data creation and Scripting, Validation, Review, Analysis, Reporting,Troubleshooting.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, Quality Center, SQL Server, Windows, Waterfall.
Associate Test Engineer
- Analyzed the business requirements, module specific functionalities and identified testing conditions.
- Extensively worked on IBM Mainframe technologies using DB2, CICS.
- Extensively involved in Functional Testing, Integration Testing with Agile Methodology.
- Involved in data analysis and created required test data setup for the validation of test cases of different applications.
- Written the Test Scenarios and Test Cases as per the BRD and High Level Design documents and Use-Case Diagrams.
- Developed Test Cases using Business and System Requirements documents.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web Driver
- Performed Cross Browser testing using Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer
- Uploaded the test cases and mapped requirements in Quality Center..
- Tracked, executed and scheduled test cases using Quality Center.
- Closely worked with developers during test execution in Agile Methodology.
- Performed System and Regression Testing for the application and maintained database of Regression Scripts using Quality Center.
- Prepared Test Execution Status Reports and Daily Defect Status Documents for management using Mercury Quality Center..
- Extensively worked on Integration Testing for providing data to other systems.
- Fetched Plans, Eligibility and Billing Information using SQL queries.
- Extracted daily reports from Quality Center to track the Test Execution Progress and mapped requirements.
- Maintained the Test Summary Reports, Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and incident issue list reports.
- Executed ICD9 and ICD10 claims.
Environment: IBM PCOM, CICS, DB2, Quality Center, Selenium Web driver Windows, Waterfall.