- Around 10 years of experience in software testing, automation, client relationship management and team coordination
- Strong understanding of SDLC, Waterfall, Agile software lifecycle methodology, related tools like Rally & JIRA
- Experienced in automation of Test Activity using Selenium IDE/ Web Driver, TestNG, JUNIT Frameworks. Proficient in writing test cases using Selenium Web Driver 2.x and automating the functional testing
- Experienced in Black Box, Functional, System, Regression, Integration, GUI testing using both Manual and Automation Techniques
- Expertise in automating software testing using Selenium Web Driver /Grid/, Firebug, HTTP Analyzer.
- Hands - on coding using Java and writing Selenium Web Driver Test Cases with Java
- Well versed with Java Testing Frameworks like Test NG and JUNIT
- Experienced in manual testing and automate SOAP and Restful Web Services using SOAP UI, Apache HttpClient, Jackson, JAXB parsers.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Defect Tracking Tools like Quality Center, BugZilla and JIRA.
- Experience in back-end testing to query and access Oracle database using SQL
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Methodologies and Test Processes.
- Hands on experience in Agile, Waterfall, RAD and Scrum methodologies
- Experience in Configuration Management tools like CSS, SVN and GIT
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques Methodologies, Awareness of Software Engineering Concepts
- Hands on experience in Test Planning, Test Case design, Test case review, Test case execution and bug tracking
- Proactive and analytical problem solver with strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills; also has good client interaction & team skills.
- Dynamic in working with all teams involving Developers, Business Analysts, Product team and Client Support teams for deliveries on time and budget with highest quality.
- Experience in Coordinating Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, Client-Server and Web-based applications
- Report and maintain the test results for all releases in different environments
- Highly organized, strong quantitative skills & detail oriented
- Quick learner, team player, hard worker, self-driven, result-oriented, able to meet deadlines and multi-task during project execution
Testing Tools/ Frameworks: Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, JUnit, Log4j, Firebug, FirePath, TestNG, JXL, Apache POI, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, Apache HTTP Client, JAXB, JACKSON, GSON
Language/ Script: Java, Shell Script, XML, JSON, PL/SQL, HTML, Java Script
Testing Frameworks: Junit, TestNG Firefox Add-ons, XPath, Firebug, FirePath
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XPATH, Java Script, CSS, JSON, WSDL, AJAX
SOA Technologies: SOAP, WSDL, RESTful web services, SOAP UI
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, Rally
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Databases and Tools: PL/SQL, Oracle, MySQL, TOAD
- Involved in automating the reports functionality, which is critical to test in every Regression Phase, and which covers thousands of test cases.
- Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans, test cases and provided the documentation.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile testing
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium Web Driver using data driven and Page object driven approach.
- Used Maven tool for the Project management and for the purpose of compile, run, deploy and to add external dependencies.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed GUI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed and executed test cases and automation regression testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing, in SOAP UI.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http Java Test Client for SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Develop test cases for functional and regression testing. Conducted usability testing, UI testing, functional testing, and database testing.
- Developed and maintained test documentation including test plans, test cases, and test data.
- Retest defect fixes and reopen issues when needed.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Participated in Agile software testing process with regular QA meetings to discuss major features of the application, test cases to write and execute.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium Web Driver (using Java).
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and Web Driver.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Created Data Driven Framework to test with different sets of test data.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Created the tests that have no user interaction as a set and executed them as Batch tests using ANT.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using ANT and Jenkins.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium Web Driver and Junit.
- Used Firebug to identify web elements using XPath and CSS selectors.
- Executed SOAP based web services API testing (Java client and SOAPUI).
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium Web Driver.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used XML files in Sending/receiving XML requests using SOAPUI.
- Involved manual testing of various test cases with respective test scripts on Selenium and generate analysis report with Quality Center.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, SOAP UI, Web Services, SOAP, TestNG, Firebug, FirePath, Quality Center, Microsoft Excel, SQL Server, Windows 2000/XP. MAVEN, JAVA, JUnit, J2EE
- Interacted with application users and performed User acceptance testing.
- Modified existing test plan for the changes and setup the automation test strategy.
- Involved in writing the test plan, test cases and test scripts for the application manually.
- Writing Test Cases in Test Director according to business perspective.
- Done White Box testing using Selenium.
- Designed REST APIs that allow sophisticated, effective and low cost application integration.
- Responsible for Smoke, Integration, Functional and System testing and performed End-to-End testing manually.
- Developed and maintained test automation framework using Ruby.
- Interacted with Business Analyst to understand the user requirements.
- Developed use cases for User Acceptance testing.
- Held meeting to update the users on the application developed and tested.
- Presented the developments of the project to the users.
- Win-Runner is used for regression testing.
- Coordinated and integrated the work of the testing team by interacting with the Testers, Team.
- Lead and Business Analyst to solve ambiguous requirements.
- Involved in walkthroughs throughout the full phase of the project
- Reported the defects in the Test director automated tool and Coordinated with the QA Lead and developers.
- Wrote SQL queries to insert and retrieve the data from MySQL database.
Environment: / Tools: Java, PHP, Windows 7/ XP/ Vista, Mac OS, Bugzilla, Jira, MySQL workbench, Selenium, SVN, Junit.
Confidential, Florida, MI
- Cross- browser compatibility, Operating system compatibility, functionality, integration, usability and regression testing.
- Developed test cases using functional specification and other technical documentation. Enhanced test cases per requirement changes.
- Wrote test plans based on the requirements documents and executed them manually.
- Written test cases using Junit.
- Primary focus on back-end, API, integration and UI (web applications) testing
- Involved in writing the test plans/test cases and executing them manually
- Responsible for sending the status reports (Daily and Weekly.) to the project manager
- Participate in Daily and weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Analyzed defects identified and reported in reporting tools. (Bugzilla)
QA Engineer/ Analyst
- Tested 10+ web applications developed by the company’s Web Development department for its clients.
- Involved in projects from starting of SDLC through requirements, developing test documents & executing tests.
- Responsible for thorough cross browser, platform compatibility and integration testing.
- Executed the Test Cases and evaluated their Pass or Fail criteria
- Written automated tests using JUnit.
- Regularly interacted with Developers to discuss various application problems and issues
- Participated in daily team meetings and defect review calls
- Responsible for Database testing using SQL queries in Oracle RDBMS.
- Tracked defects using Bugzilla/Test Director and generated defect summary reports.
Environment: / Tools: Windows XP, Oracle 9i, TOAD, Eclipse, MS Office, Bugzilla,, Junit