- 8+ years of Extensive experience in Software Quality Assurance (Manual/Automation) using Web - based, Desktop and Client/server application with strong business understanding knowledge in Banking and Financial Services and Insurance domain.
- QA Experience includes Preparation of Test Strategy, Test Plan, Requirement Analysis, Effort Estimation, Designing Test Scenarios and Test Case and Reviewing Test Cases.
- Expertise in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, JUnit & Maven.
- Expertise in exporting JUNIT scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse JUNIT Test Suites, creating new JUNIT test cases, modifying the Selenium scripts and writing test suites using JUNIT.
- Expertise in Set up of Selenium RC using Eclipse IDE as well as through command line.
- Maintained the Selenium &JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experienced in Testing various web based and client server applications across various domains like Banking, Credit Reporting, Supply Chain, Healthcare and Finance in Automation and Manual testing.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Worked in building automation scripts and frameworks using selenium Web driver with Java.
- Worked with sauce labs to host the automation test framework and establish strategy for performing continuous regression testing during development life cycle.
- Designed and implemented different automation frameworks from starch like Page Objects framework, Keyword Driven framework, Data Driven framework and Hybrid framework for many projects.
- Experience in Agile/ Scrum methods like Scrum and Feature Driven Development.
- Excellent understanding of Software Quality Assurance techniques, Agile Methods and Test complete.
- Experience in working with build tools like TESTNG and Maven.
- Experienced using various TestNG Annotations like BeforeSuite, AfterSuite, AfterMethod, AfterTest and configured Parallel Processing using TestNG xml.
- Good knowledge of Quality Assurance Process using the methodologies such as Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model, and Tailored SDLC.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats
- Expertise in developing Web based Distributed and Front-End applications in a three-tier architecture using J2EE, HTML5, bootstrap, AngularJS, Ajax, JSP, Servlets, CSS, JavaBeans.
- Expertise in performing manual testing &Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Proficient in different types of testing related to Black Box such as integration testing, system testing, stress testing, usability testing, acceptance testing, regression testing and back-end testing.
- Experienced various types of AUT (Application under Test) such as GUI, Functional, Regression, System Testing and Performance Testing. Proficient in Cross Browser Testing and Cross Operating System.
- Expertise in Quality Analysis with strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and object-oriented methodologies.
- Experience with building Gherkin (Cucumber) user scenarios and ruby scripting for automated testing (Selenium/Ruby/Cucumber).
- Proficient in preparing the Testing artifacts like QA Test Plan, Test Execution, Test Result Analysis, Test Cases and Bug Reports based on product release features, client requirements, and technical documents.
- Good knowledge of designing, deploying and operating highly available, scalable and fault tolerant systems using Amazon Web services(AWS).
- Participated in all phases of the test cycle including Sanity Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System testing (on IE, Chrome, FF), Regression Testing. Strong in Database Testing and writing the SQL queries.
- Experience in importing and exporting Test Scripts to Quality Center from Microsoft Word/ Microsoft Excel.
- Well versed in Object Oriented Programming languages like Java, C++ and C.
- Experienced in working with business analysts and developers to understand business requirements and prepare test strategy.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to a new environment and meet stringent deadlines. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude. A team player with excellent technical, communication, and leadership skills. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the rapidly emerging Technologies.
- Good documenting skills while ensuring the completion of project within specified deadline.
Development methodologies: Agile/ Scrum, Waterfall, Jenkins, Hudson, SVN.
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Quick Test Pro, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, log4j, Soap UI, HP Load Runner, VUGen
Framework: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Frame work, Page Object Model.
Bug or Test Management Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, MTM, Version One
Programming Languages: Java, Java Script, VB Script, HTML, XPath, CSS, Soap, WSDL, Restful.
Database/Database tools: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Toad, SQL.
Operating Systems: Windows, XP, UNIX
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. QA/Selenium/ Automation Tester
- Prepared Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Procedures using Business requirements documented Functional requirements document of the system. Understand the application requirements and system design.
- Preparing Test Scenarios based on RSM (Requirements Specification Matrix).
- Develop test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results. Use of "Parameterization" techniques for a "Data Driven" test. All development was done under Eclipse IDE. Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing.
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium, Cucumber and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SOAPUI. Used Java for SQL connection to database.
- Used Firebug to do web-based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked with input test data excel files with the help of Java IO package and Apache POI library in Selenium.
- Worked on the Parameterization using TestNG Parameters and Data Provider annotations in Selenium WebDriver Scripts. Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite/Offshore development team and with Business.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Prepare Test case data needs before developing the Test cases.
- Involved in testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third-party API using Test Complete and SOAP UI.
- Involved in performing Functionality testing, Validation testing, Negative and Positive testing, Integration testing, testing manually on the first release of the application.
- All the test scenarios that have been satisfied with the functionality are moved to automation testing.
- Developed test scripts to automate process of testing in Selenium RC and Web Driver using Testing and Junit.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium using Java programming language
- Generated the SQL Queries to retrieve the data from databases for validation testing.
- Performed browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and platform (Windows 7/Vista/ XP) compatibility testing in virtual machine environment. Execute automated Selenium scripts and reproduced failures manually.
- Test web sites for functionality, GUI, usability, navigation, browser and OS compatibility.
- Analyzing the logs and escalate the issues to Developers. Ran batch files for efficient use of scripts and time.
- Prioritized and reported defects using Defect Tracking tool JIRA.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Participated in daily status meeting, coordinated with the developers and Business Analysts to resolve the defects and close them. Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse Neon, ALM, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, MySQL, Oracle, Java, JIRA.
Confidential, Troy, MI
Sr. QA/Selenium Engineer
- Implemented POM (Page Object Model) automation framework using JAVA, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber. Used Selenium Grid to execute parallel tests on multiple browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox & Safari.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Pop-ups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG and Apache POI API.
- Hands-on experience with Manual Testing, Automated Testing and Experience in Mobile Apps Testing of Native apps, Web apps, Hybrid apps with Exploratory Testing on Mobile and Tablet devices with Appium automation framework. Validated the response of the API with PL/SQL queries on the database using VB Script.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium. Used Android SDK and set up mobile device Emulator to test application and to get log files
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Installed and configured SOAPUI using WSDL file, setting up the database connection, used java and groovy scripting for creating test scripts. Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion SVN.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Experienced using HP Application Life Cycle Management(ALM) for global test management, bug tracking and reporting. Practiced Test-driven TDD, automated unit testing, refactoring, and extensive pair programming.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment. Involved in Writing Python Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Used MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) using Cucumber, Gherkin. Developed Functional and performance tests using Junit framework.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Collaborated with the business and technical teams and took the responsibility to document the functional and technical specifications in the business requirements analysis phase.
- Responsible for providing Risk Assessments, test Plans, test cases and executing and creating Test Results them within an AGILE software development SCRUM environment.
- Created Test Completion Reports at the end of SIT capturing final testing status including defect information to be presented to the business line for approval.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Robot framework, Python, Maven, Appium, UAT, ANT, SIT, TestNG, Jenkins, CI/CD, XPath, Eclipse, SOAP UI 4.0, JIRA, Git, Firebug, HTML, XML, CSS, UFT 11.x, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle, JMeter, ETL, Windows, POI, POM, Appium, IOS Simulator, Emulator.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Selenium Tester (Manual/Automation)
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Implementing Test Lab and formulation of Test Plans, Test Strategy. Created Test Plan and written Test Cases based on Use Cases and Business Requirements.
- Ensure to guide process and technology adoption to assure apt QA testing of User Interface application.
- Involved in building Automation framework from scratch using selenium WebDriver, JAVA, TestNG, Cucumber, and Eclipse. Developed automation test suite from scratch with Web Driver with TestNG with Java for Webapp to help in regression testing using page object model (POM) design pattern
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Java/Selenium to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Used Agile methodology to ensure the new features meet the customer requirements and acceptable quality assurance standards.
- Developing payment system module using Spring Micro services on Pivotal Cloud Foundry after successful execution of the main business model.
- Substantial manual testing of the Service Layer Cleanup Stories for the LOS Phase 2 Project with changing requirements. Execution of the test scenarios and automate the test cases using UFT.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in UFT /QTP and updated the scripts as per requirement change.
- Provided constant guidance to team members in understanding the Agile process.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions and developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber. Created Load Runner scenarios, Customized, correlated and parameterized the scripts for load test. Involved in performance testing using Load Runner.
- Used MAVEN for build management, SVN as source repository and Jenkins for Continuous Integration of the builds. Involved in Regression Testing on DEV / QA / UAT Environments. Participated in daily Scrum meetings.
- Involved in preparing a report of all Automation difficulties and test results for a further application using Maven. Performed functional testing of SOAP & Restful Web Services using SOAPUI Tool Used Java/JUnit to run Cucumber feature and scenarios and generating report daily basis.
- Creates performance test approach and strategy from system requirements and design documents.
- Implemented test automation for handling popups'. Used Xpath and DOM to identify the dynamic Web Elements on the application Web pages.
- Experienced with handling multiple windows using the window handle and used the SwitchTo method to handle the Popups'. Analyzed test results, tracked the software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath. Selenium synchronization on dynamic Ajax Web Pages using the Implicit and Explicit waits.
- Involved in daily standup meetings and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project and coordinating with the offshore team on the status.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing. Tested Web Services using Soap UI.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM). Executed System Test Cases/Scenarios in different environments and make sure that user stories are working as expected.
- Performed Cross Browser and multiple environment testing using Java, TestNG, multiple browsers and multiple environments. Implemented Regression and Smoke tests execution as separate step of deployment process.
- Implemented Parameterization using XML and Data Providers for Data Driven Framework using Java, POI and TestNG. Performed mouse movements using Selenium Actions API. Implemented web element locators using Selenium API - By ID, Class, Name, CSS Selector, Xpath and Link.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG and generated Test Logs using Log4j in various output target.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports. Managed project artifacts using SharePoint.
Environment: Selenium Web driver, Selenium IDE, JIRA, Web Services, Microsoft Office Excel, Agile, Toad for Oracle 11g, Eclipse, Java, TestNG, Jenkins and Bitbucket, Tortoise SVN, SharePoint, Gherkin, Soap UI, BDD & TDD, Rest API.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Participate in requirement review question/answer session and contribute in requirement gathering, clarification, consistency and completeness. Developed Record/Playback using selenium IDE.
- Attend iteration planning meeting to size up the stories with points, break out the requirement, to estimate tasks and testing effort in completing product backlog within the current iteration timeframe and team velocity.
- Understood the E-tail business processes such as marketing, merchandising, payment processing, logistics, reverse logistics, and customer service. Developed test scripts using selenium web driver and TestNG.
- Participated in writing test-related documentation such as test plans and test cases.
- Exported the test reports form selenium IDE to different programming languages.
- Prepare test plan/test cases from the user stories, use cases, business and system requirement (SRS).
- Prepare test machines and deploy builds, execute test cases, bug reporting and resolving issues by pairing up with the developers. Created a deployment procedure utilizing Jenkins CI to run the unit tests.
- Worked on core java, using file operations to read system file (downloads) and to present on JSP.
- Worked with core java concepts like Collections, Multithreading and Memory management.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle database as backend.
- Author automated test scripts for functional and regression testing using Selenium IDE/RC alongside manual scripts to reduce manual effort and increase test coverage toward the end of each iteration.
- Participate in iteration retrospective meeting to discuss previous iteration's success, failure and recommend process improvements for next iteration. Knowledge from working with high-traffic websites.
Environment: Agile, Windows, Selenium IDE, selenium web driver, IE, Firefox, XPath, Selenium IDE/RC, Firebug, MS-office, and JIRA.
- Involved in designing of Automation Test cases using Selenium WebDriver, Java, Junit, Maven.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java. Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend/ETL testing.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins) for nightly batch run of the Script. Experience with source code control systems such as: GIT, Visual Studio, SpecFlow.
- Prepared manual & function test cases on web and mobile applications (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Performed testing on Office Web Apps, Office Native Apps for iOS and Mac using XCODE, to verify functionality of application. Used emulators and IOS simulators to perform the manual Mobile Testing.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Incorporated a data driven framework for the test script to access and store data from/to excel spreadsheet using Apache POI. Logged and managed defects using Quality Center/ALM defect management tool.
- Responsible for creating automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven to test web application. Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium, Java.
- Involved in writing automated scripts for angular JS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Tested extensive backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity. Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and Android devices by using Appium.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database. Thorough understanding of POM using Page Factory.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Ruby and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Involved in testing of services using SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script.
- Involved in design and Implementation of Protractor Testing for Angular JS code base.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Involved in Maven configuration for running servers and scripts after the build.
- Involved in Writing Ruby Scripts to develop automated scripts and frame works.
- Automated the Release Process for software releases using C#.
- Involved in preparing the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis. Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Developed Selenium scripts in TestNG for parameterization using Data Provider annotation.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Cucumber, Windows Server 2012R2, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium, TestNG, Quality Center, Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, Android, SQL Server, JMeter. Protractor.
- Performed manual testing of the entire GUI of the application and identified the candidates for regression testing. Prepared excel spreadsheets to document the defects and coordinated well with the development team explaining the defects. Executed Manual Test Cases by using positive and negative data inputs.
- Extensively used Data Stage for extraction, transformation and loading process. Worked with ETL group for understating Data Stage. Utilized waterfall methodology for testing the application.
- Tested the ETL graphs and other ETL Processes (DW Testing). Prepared Test Scenarios by creating Mock data based on the different test cases.
- Expertise in writing SQL Statements in database to make sure whether the data is populated in Data Mart/Data warehouse as per Business Rules.
- Participated in creating Test Plan, test cases, log/tracked defects based on business requirement utilizing HP Quality Center.
- Strong understanding of software Test Methodologies and knowledge of modern software development processes, including Issue/Bug Tacking, Release management, Requirements etc.
- Performed manual and automated test procedures for functional testing of Web services and worked on Restful API testing. Involved in Manual Testing to check the basic functionality of the modules under test.
- Executed test scripts manually and then recorded the same in Win runner. All the issues that came up during this process were logged in Test Director as defects.