- Over 8+ years of experience in the field of Manual/Automation testing of Web, Mobile apps and client/Server with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing and QA Automation Engineer.
- Expert in Testing Life Cycle (TLC): Including Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking, Management and Test Reporting.
- Experience in different phases Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle including Scrum Agile Methodology, V Model and Waterfall.
- Experience on manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP, Selenium, Load Runner, Quality Center, and Performance Center.
- Experienced with various types of testing like GUI testing, Apache POI, Web testing, Regression testing, User Acceptance Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, End to End Testing, Unit Testing data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Hands on experience in Test automation using different Automation tools/techniques, Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver, Data driven, Page Object Model (POM), TestNG, Maven, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center/ALM, Rally, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing and supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced with SOA, Web Services, SOAP, Soap UI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies.
- Experience in designing the Frameworks as Maven project.
- Experienced in White Box testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium WebDriver and maintained server - side integration testing.
- Experience with BDD and TDD using cucumber.
- Involved in ETL Testing (Data is extracted from flat files, multiple databases and transferred to target database). Validated the data as per the Mapping Documents.
- Execute stress/load scripts utilizing LoadRunner/JMeter to determine real-world scalability of web sites and web applications.
- Used emulators and simulators on both IOS and Android mobile testing along with the actual devices with the help of APPIUM and worked with IVR Testing.
- Experience in Back-end testing, data validation, Database testing using SQL queries.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Python, Java, C#, VB Script.
- Worked on source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS and Git.
- Expert in Manual and Automated Testing from the clients/end user's point of view.
- Prepared Requirement traceability matrix, Test data requirements, Test strategy, Test reports.
- Experience in manual testing and automated testing using different tools like QTP, Selenium (Web Driver) using Java. Knowledge and familiarity with different QTP and Selenium automation frameworks.
- Expertise in setting up and carrying out browser compatibility testing environment with different browsers and versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome on different OS like windows and MAC.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC/Grid, Mercury QTP, HP Quality Centre /ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, coded UI, QTP/UFT, Coded UI, Eclipse, Manual Testing, Cucumber, Appium (Mobile Testing), Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio, HP UFT and IBM RFT.
Operating Systems: Windows-All, Unix, Linux.
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle PL/SQL, OLAP and OLTP, SQL *Plus, SQL *LOADER, DB2 and TOAD.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, Clear Quest, JIRA, Visual Studio TFS, MTM, Bamboo.
Testing Frameworks: TestNG, Junit, TDD, BDD, ATDD, Data driven, ATF (Automation Test Framework), Keyword driven, Hybrid and Modular Frameworks, JBehave, Page Object Model, Mockito, Protractor, Backend Testing.
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Spiral and Waterfall.
Build/ CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Gherkins, Hudson.
Version controls Tools: GitHub, Subversion, TFS
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, Web services, SOAP UI.
Programming Language: Java, Visual Basic, C/C++, C# .Net, Angular JS, Python, Ruby.
Scripting Technologies: HTML, Shell Script, VB Script, CSS, Java Script, DHTML, XML, AJAX.
Firefox Addons: XPath and Firebug.
Performance Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, JMETER
Networking Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SNMP and SSH, TCP, UDP, ICMP
Application Package: MS Office, MS Project, Microsoft Visio, ERWin.
Confidential, Wichita, KS
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirement Documents to get better understanding of the system both on technical and business perspectives.
- Designed, developed and implemented MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Junit and Selenium WebDriver.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using XPath in Selenium Web Driver.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid for testing the application in different machines and with different web browsers at a same time.
- Performed Data driven, Apache POI, POM testing using Selenium Web Driver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections, which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework and worked in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Implemented Appium simulator and IOS simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Maintained selenium & java automation code and resources in TFS and clear case over the time for improvements and new features.
- Involved in testing Web services (SOAP and REST) and JSON/XML with tool called SOAP UI, for the local WSDL /with URL and created Test cases, run then, do load testing, security testing.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins with Maven for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Feasibility involved in Gathering requirements, studying the application and collecting the information from developers and business.
- Performed extensive work with ETL testing including Data Completeness, Data Transformation & Data Quality for various data feeds all the way to Target.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SoapUI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Used JIRA as bug-tracking tool to centralize the bugs, Email notifications to the developers and follow up the bug status.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver/GRID, TestNG, Jenkins, maven, Protractor, SoapUI, Apache POI, POM, Eclipse, HTML, XML, agile, JIRA, TFS, ETL, Appium, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, SQL, HP ALM, Oracle, Windows.
Confidential, Warren, OH
QA automation Engineer
- Interacted with Business Analyst and Developers to understand the application architecture and recommend testing strategy.
- Used Selenium Web driver, java, Junit and Maven for designing automation test cases.
- Executed test cases in multiple browsers and platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Responsible for implementing Apache POI and page object model (POM) using Selenium WebDriver, Maven, TestNG and Java.
- Performed manual testing in physical devices emulator and IOS simulator with Appium.
- Involved in test automation by using open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter and Appium.
- Extensively involved in testing the application manually for the Functional and Systems Integration test efforts.
- Performed Web-Services Testing using SOAP UI and generated JSON/XML Files for messaging.
- Used SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Performed Scrum (Agile) methodology for testing the application.
- Developed automated scripts and frame works using python scripting.
- Used BDD framework with Cucumber, Java and created future files with scenario and scenario outline files.
- Identified defects and monitored resolution via defect tracking tool JIRA
- Worked on ETL/Backend testing by writing the queries.
- Expertise in using Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Utilized GIT repository to perform efficient remote team working. Checked in all tested PL/SQL code in SVN and maintaining versions of PL/SQL codes.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
Environment: Java, Appium, Selenium IDE, Firebug, Oracle, Agile, SQL, GIT, IOS, Mobile Testing, Cucumber, Maven, JIRA, Junit, JMeter, HTML, XML, Jenkins, Microsoft Test Manager, Cucumber, ETL.
Confidential, Ford Washington, PA
- Developing Test Automation & Frameworks with C# .NET
- Developed Hybrid framework for Web based application (.net) using Selenium(C#). Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all the project activities.
- Created Java based scripts for Selenium Web Driver with Junit as automation frame work.
- Performed black box & white box testing as required for functional, regression and system testing.
- Exclusively worked on ETL test case scenarios with business functionality and generated the reports for business users
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and database connectivity to ORACLE and Involved in performance testing with JMeter.
- Recorded automated UI tests using Selenium recorder for C# coded UI automation
- Experience of using testing tools like Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Visual Studio, GitHub.
- Used SoapUI to test soap web services, as well as RESTFUL services using WSDL file, and created and validated XML.
- Worked with Source version control tool such as GIT and Subversion(SVN)
Environment: C#, HTML, SOAP UI, TestNG, ASP.NET MVC, Quality Center, VBScript, XML/JSON, ETL, MTM, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, GitHub, SQL, Oracle.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Involved in the SDLC of requirement analysis, design and development of the web-based application in the fast paced Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Performed ETL test scenarios by writing SQL scripts with consideration of Business scenarios.
- Executed test cases manually to verify the expected results, as well as using automation tool Quality Center and QTP.
- Involved in preparation and enhancement of automated scripts for the identified automation scenarios using QTP.
- Used Soup UI tool for web service testing.
- Performed Manual (Black-box) and Automation testing including Smoke, Regression and Function Testing using QTP.
- Designed and documented REST/HTTP, SOAP API, including JSON/XML data formats,
- Translating business requirements and technical specifications into test cases, test script.
- Used Quality Center to track, analyses, and document defects, analyzed and helped in modifying the Use Cases and created the Test cases.
- Performed test automation using HP Quick Test Pro used Load Runner for performance testing and assisting business users in User Acceptance Testing.
- Reporting and tracking defects using test management and worked in source version control tool Subversion(SVN).
- Involved in developing Entry & Exit criteria and defined the pass and fail standards.
- Performed Functional, Smoke, Integration, and System testing of Data warehouse application.
- Involved in Data testing by writing SQL queries in database tables to ensure UI result match.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Manual, SDLC, Agile, SOAP UI, SOAP API, QTP, ETL, HTML, Firebug, JSON.XML, Quality center. Load Runner, SQL, Microsoft office, Windows.
QA/ Manual Tester
- Performed Manual Testing as well as Automation Testing by using QTP/UFT.
- Written Manual Test Cases to test the functionality of the application followed Waterfall Methodology of the entire project.
- Performed Integration Testing and Batch Testing in QTP.
- Extensively Used ALM for storing QTP test scripts, scheduling tests and maintaining test plans.
- Designed Summary Reports, Traceability Reports using Quality Center (QC) and involved in performance testing with LoadRunner.
- Tested web services using SOAP UI to test the XML requests and the responses for each of the operations
- Performed database testing using SQL Server and executed various DML statements.
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify the Test Cases.
- Generated Weekly Reports, Defect Reports, Test Summary, Requirement Traceability Reports and Test Statistics and Customized Summary Reports.
- Executed Manual Testing for all scenarios on products.
- Reviewed and implemented Business Requirement Documents and reviewed test cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Used traditional Waterfall methodology.
- Involved in Manual Test Case Preparation and Test Case Execution using Quality Center.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center (QC).
- Designed Test cases and executed Test cases and reported the Bugs using Quality Center.
- Perform the functional testing of Web Services using SOAP scope.
- Extensively used SOAP UI and REST client for testing SOAP, RESTful Webservices.
- Tested web services using SOAP UI to test the XML requests and the responses for each of the operations.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, Waterfall Methodology, XML, HTML, Web Services, MS SQL Server, SOAP UI, XML, Java Script, and Microsoft soft, Windows XP